Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-13-2019, 06:33 PM   #2
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
If Tyreek wasn’t suspended when the draft happened there has to be no doubt we’d have gone defense. ****in Espinols strike again.
What could we have taken there that would have changed our defense that significantly this year?
YontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutYontsRBake is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 10-13-2019, 06:27 PM   #3
Supporter

this is by far the worst defense in the history of the league to retain any delusion of championship, and that's purely a function of a phenomenal QB.

Vikings D was middling
Rams D in 99 was dominant, and won the SB. . .
The Rams you need to be wary of emulating is the 01/02 Martz Rams
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #4
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
this is by far the worst defense in the history of the league to retain any delusion of championship, and that's purely a function of a phenomenal QB.

Vikings D was middling
Yeah pardon me, I just edited it. Your point is totally right though...last week I thought maybe the injuries got to us so even though I was upset I just thought it might be a blip. Tonight I'm waving the white towel!..we're not winning anything this year or any year with the current culture we have In KC.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #5
Caralho

SB this year is still possible despite our flaws.

However, Veach needs to obtain more picks and invest on both lines early. One of the things that is completely absent the past three games is an ability to run the ball under center and develop a PA package off it (although this is probably due to OL injuries).

IMO, for this team to be successful later in the year we need to have a minimum of 14-22 IZ/OZ plays per game with roughly half being under center. That doesn’t include power/counters/tosses etc that are game specific.

The defense should be below average (but not the worst in yards/points allowed) if this happens.
Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sorter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #6
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post

Vikings D was middling
Hoo boy
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Won’t happen. We’re stuck in some sort of weird purgatory. Kinda like having the coaching version of Jay Cutler. Obviously Reid is better and a nicer guy but my point is, he’s good enough to keep but not good enough to get you over the hump.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:04 AM   #8
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Won’t happen. We’re stuck in some sort of weird purgatory. Kinda like having the coaching version of Jay Cutler. Obviously Reid is better and a nicer guy but my point is, he’s good enough to keep but not good enough to get you over the hump.
Amazing...

Reid took the Cheifs to back to back superbowls and has been in the playoffs how many times since he came to Kansas city?

Exactly what is "good enough to get you over the hump"? Win 5 superbowls in a row

In todays team sports with so much money to spend, with free angency along with the fact that the men playing the sport are skilled athletes playing a brutal sport where you could be lucky to not have a career ending injury in 5 years, bot exactly what your expectations are.
Joe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-09-2021, 06:27 AM   #9
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Amazing...

Reid took the Cheifs to back to back superbowls and has been in the playoffs how many times since he came to Kansas city?

Exactly what is "good enough to get you over the hump"? Win 5 superbowls in a row

In todays team sports with so much money to spend, with free angency along with the fact that the men playing the sport are skilled athletes playing a brutal sport where you could be lucky to not have a career ending injury in 5 years, bot exactly what your expectations are.
My friend this is a thread I started BEFORE we won the superbowl last year...so that post you quoted is not valid now. However the point still stands that we need a culture shift as far as how Veach deals with the defense!!..can't just get by with poor to average talent on that side of the ball anymore...Spags can only do so much.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 08:40 AM   #10
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
My friend this is a thread I started BEFORE we won the superbowl last year...so that post you quoted is not valid now. However the point still stands that we need a culture shift as far as how Veach deals with the defense!!..can't just get by with poor to average talent on that side of the ball anymore...Spags can only do so much.
Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, I looked at the start date and realized I hopped in a zombie thread without realizing it

I guess my only point is just to get to the superbowl is an accomplishment in itself. KC has been there two years in a row now, and chances are they will be there next year as well.

I have no doubt that those in the organization need to know where they need to right the ship so to speak. The reality is, and I think you may agree with me, the Chiefs now are lightyears ahead of where they use to be before Reid got here.
Joe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutJoe is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 01:54 PM   #11
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Thank you for the kind words.

Yes, I looked at the start date and realized I hopped in a zombie thread without realizing it

I guess my only point is just to get to the superbowl is an accomplishment in itself. KC has been there two years in a row now, and chances are they will be there next year as well.

I have no doubt that those in the organization need to know where they need to right the ship so to speak. The reality is, and I think you may agree with me, the Chiefs now are lightyears ahead of where they use to be before Reid got here.
Yes there is no doubt we're in a great period with this team. But a good defense gives us a shot to be a dynasty and I hope Veach is on the same page.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:30 PM   #12
Special Teams ACE!!!

It's even more painful that we were so goddamn close to going into the history books by winning a Super Bowl with the putrid defense we had last year. I don't know the worst defense to ever win a Super Bowl, but I'll bet it wasn't as bad as the D we had last year.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #13
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
It's even more painful that we were so goddamn close to going into the history books by winning a Super Bowl with the putrid defense we had last year. I don't know the worst defense to ever win a Super Bowl, but I'll bet it wasn't as bad as the D we had last year.
I honestly don't think we would have beaten the Rams even if we went to the SB tbh. Their offense looked bad against the Pats because of Bill!!...wouldn't have been the same against us.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:31 PM   #14
Suupraa Geniuuusss

A 9-7 Giants team won a Super Bowl as I recall. That defense was crap too. With a very average QB, and less talented offense overall.

And last year with a second-to-last defense, we were a coin flip from winning the AFCCG.

We don't need a top 5 defense. If Mahomes, the offensive line, and the defensive front-7 is healthy by the playoffs, the team is good enough to win a SB this year. They do have to find a middle LB that can actually stop the run, but with that they are good enough this year. Next year might be different.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-13-2019, 06:37 PM   #15
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
A 9-7 Giants team won a Super Bowl as I recall. That defense was crap too. With a very average QB, and less talented offense overall.

And last year with a second-to-last defense, we were a coin flip from winning the AFCCG.

We don't need a top 5 defense. If Mahomes, the offensive line, and the defensive front-7 is healthy by the playoffs, the team is good enough to win a SB this year. They do have to find a middle LB that can actually stop the run, but with that they are good enough this year. Next year might be different.
That Giants defense stood up when it counted in the Super Bowl!!..this defense is simply not on the same level. I'm not gonna be In denial about this team..THEY ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH, period.