Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Airport food: Seems to have improved a lot but prices still crazy expensive

I've been on the road a lot this past year and with all the time spent at airports, it seems the food I have eaten is greatly improved over the first 35 years I traveled.

- Is it better quality restaurants?
- Needing to improve since it is so expensive?
- Am I just immune to shitty food and tolerate it?
- I have poor taste?
- I'm so hungry I would eat dog shit if they served it?
- I know some secret high class places for special people I go to?
- I think Airline Lounges serve good food for free?
- I drink too much and have no idea what the hell I am eating?

I'm currently sitting on an American Airlines flight from Norfolk to Charlotte and will be drinking soon, very soon.

So who is the travel food expert that can set the record straight?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #16
TACO SALAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Air travel is like going to a sporting event where I'm always blown away by the "need" to consume by people

Its typically 3-5 hours of your life and you can't go without paying 100x more than market price for food and drink
l
Sporting event it can be more a part of the process to me. As a kid, getting peanuts or flagging down the vendor at a baseball game was part of the experience.

Airports, yeah, only have done it when on the run due to work.
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #17
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
The last thing I want to do before flying is eat. I dread having to blast a shit on an airplane toilet.
My Father in law held up a plane because he had to....he made it to the bathroom
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #18
Court Jester

I notice a lot nicer restaurants at the airports I go to, but I almost never eat there because all my flights are direct and I don’t spend much time at any airport. I generally show up and walk right on the plane, although I will stop and get Cuban coffee at the Orlando airport which is a hell of a lot better than Starbucks.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #19
For The Glory Of The City

Just a part of the deal you know what you are getting into. It seems in line with other price increases it all feels relative.
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM   #20
MVP

You can bring food, just not drinks, through security.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM   #21
In Search of a Life

I had the joy of spending Monday and Tuesday at the KC Airport waiting for Delta to get their shit together. I had the burger at Meat Mitch twice. So good. Best thing I've ever eaten in an airport, and one of the best burgers I've had in a long time. I might even put it ahead of Town Topic
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM   #22
Politically Incorrect

I just deplaned in Charlotte and have 2 1/4 hours to kill and just stopped to sit in a rocking chair on the concourse from E to C terminal.

Very nice.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rocking Chair.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	133.9 KB
ID:	127736  
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #23
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
The last thing I want to do before flying is eat. I dread having to blast a shit on an airplane toilet.
In 1987 on my way home to NJ from Australia, I flew from Sydney to LA to KC to Laguardia then helicopter to Newark. On the flight from LA to KC on TWA, I took a 10 minute shit and they had to close the bathroom when I was done it was so bad. Two black guys, just like the movie airplane saw the stewardess come over after I was done and I told her "someone stunk the place up" and she opened the door and nearly puked saying, "Oh my God what happened here."

The black guys bust out laughing and we looked at each other with a sly smile.

She pulled the closed lever and left it shut for the last hour of the flight.

Since that day I have NEVER shit on an airplane again.
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #24
Live free or die hard

Speaking of airports, if you have to consider traveling through Heathrow I'd highly recommend getting drug through the streets by a rope tied to the back of a mule to your destination as a more pleasant alternative.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 04:30 PM   #25
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Big baller like you shouldn’t care what anything costs
No care about costs. Just want good eats
Old Yesterday, 05:08 PM   #26
Forever Royal

I just do snacks that we bring. Will buy a bottled drink but that’s really it. There’s nothing enjoyable about eating those meals when you are rushed, huge lines, no where to sit, etc.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #27
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Is this some kind of breakthrough? I've never found airport food to be bad at all and it's always been expensive.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #28
It was not a fair catch

Food is just expensive.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM   #29
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Is this some kind of breakthrough? I've never found airport food to be bad at all and it's always been expensive.
When did you first start traveling?

Food used to suck in airports, on airplanes and at concessions.

It's made big progress.

I think the first airport I remember that suddenly had much better food was Denver.
Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM   #30
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I just deplaned in Charlotte and have 2 1/4 hours to kill and just stopped to sit in a rocking chair on the concourse from E to C terminal.

Very nice.....
My condolences for being in that piece of shit airport
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.