Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-09-2024, 09:14 AM  
Supporter

What's a good alternative to Keurig

Our Keurig duo just broke. This is the second one we've had (first one broke while still under warranty). I would like to hear some suggestions. Anything that will last longer, better quality, etc.? Or is this just the nature of these kinds of appliances?

Currently, I'm looking at this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-CFP101-...en%2C84&sr=1-1
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 09:44 AM   #16
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Ass View Post
We use a Phillips L’or espresso/coffee machine. Pretty great so far, but only had it for about 5 months. Might depend on your preference for style of brew.
What Jive Ass said.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 09:46 AM   #17
Feeling Victorian

Mr Coffee and Foldgers. Why in hell would you brew up one cup at a time? Not to mention the price of those Keurig packets.
alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.alanm is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2024, 09:51 AM   #18
Politically Incorrect

I have had my Keurig K-cup for nearly 5 years.

I use bottled water only, clean often and have 4-6 cups over 8 hours. I use my own personal Kcups and fill with Decaf.

How long did the most recent one last?

What was the fail?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:01 AM   #19
Burger Meister Meister Burger

I love my Moccamaster, its a little pricy, but its been bullet proof for 6 years and makes the best coffee every time, well depending on the beans lol, oh and its very fast , full pot in about 5 mins.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09NM...c3ce3718a&th=1
Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.Whoarethechefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:03 AM   #20
Supporter

I just use a drip machine.

It’s summer now so I do cold brew.

If you don’t want that much coffee, you can do a French press or a pour over cup.

I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob. I have a post about it somewhere on here, but I went on a quest to find better coffee grounds, and ended up with buying whole beans and grinding them. There is just too much oxidation in pre ground stuff.

Even prior to that, drip coffee was still better than K Cups IMO.

My recommendation would be get a pour over rig, you can find them pretty cheap, like $20 cheap. If you like it better than the k cups then buy a grinder and start trying different kinds of beans.

Last edited by Buehler445; 07-09-2024 at 10:20 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:18 AM   #21
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

If you don’t want that much coffee, you can do a French press or a pour over cup.

I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob. I have a post about it somewhere on here, but I went on a quest to find better coffee grounds, and ended up with buying whole beans and grinding them. There is just too much oxidation in pre ground stuff.

My recommendation would be get a pour over rig, you can find them pretty cheap, like $20 cheap. If you like it better than the k cups then buy a grinder and start trying different kinds of beans.
I agree that grounds and using one of those screen alternatives is better. K-cups are just so convenient and quick.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:19 AM   #22
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I have had my Keurig K-cup for nearly 5 years.

I use bottled water only, clean often and have 4-6 cups over 8 hours. I use my own personal Kcups and fill with Decaf.

How long did the most recent one last?

What was the fail?
I think there is something to this. My friend does that and he's had his for several years.

My current one is about 3 years old. I think the heat element went out.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:40 AM   #23
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Holy crap! $800 ? Thanks but there's no way I'm spending that on a coffee maker. I like my coffee but I am far from a connoisseur.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 10:55 AM   #24
Veteran

I got one of these a few months ago and love it. I can do a full pot or just a single cup on the side and it's not a K cup. Its just a smaller basket and brews just like the full size one.

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beac...f&gad_source=1
dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:01 AM   #25
"Think ZOOM!"

start doing pour overs... just a takes couple minutes longer than a keurig, time well spent though!
headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.headsnap is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:09 AM   #26
Long Time Lurker

Have had this for 3+ years. Love the versatility. https://a.co/d/08iqiNYv
kcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutkcmecker is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 07-09-2024, 11:14 AM   #27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Chew on coca leafs.
When I was in college, my friend went back to Peru to visit his family and he brought this box of coca tea back. The box was full of tea pouches with coca leaves. I couldn't believe he got that box through Customs.

Last edited by Ocotillo; 07-09-2024 at 11:23 AM..
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:17 AM   #28
Snacks Are Under My Apron

Just do shots off a couple of Scho’s prostitute tits
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:17 AM   #29
Andy Reid Supporter

Be a man and buy and espresso machine damnit
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 11:19 AM   #30
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

A post this long in a more than a "bit" of a coffee snob
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.