Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2023, 12:02 AM  
The Insider

***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 01-24-2023 at 12:29 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:36 AM   #2896
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I don’t think it’s an awful strategy. It’s like trading down with your first pick and trading up with your second pick.

If you execute it well, it can be really effective.

I would not do it to select a no-power speed merchant CF type, though.
The Orioles do a good job of it, but it's also the scouting strategy is being implemented by former execs during the Astros dynasty under Jeff Luhnow.

Colton Cowser was a below slot signing at fifth overall in the 2021 draft. He will make his major league debut today after posting a .996 OPS in Triple-A.

The O's took Heston Kjerstad second overall in 2020 and he's finally producing after being setback by injuries.

But with their second pick in 2020, they took Jordan Westburg overslot and he just made his major league debut. He has a chance to be a first division regular in the infield.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-05-2023, 11:41 AM   #2897
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
The Orioles do a good job of it, but it's also the scouting strategy is being implemented by former execs during the Astros dynasty under Jeff Luhnow.

Colton Cowser was a below slot signing at fifth overall in the 2021 draft. He will make his major league debut today after posting a .996 OPS in Triple-A.

The O's took Heston Kjerstad second overall in 2020 and he's finally producing after being setback by injuries.

But with their second pick in 2020, they took Jordan Westburg overslot and he just made his major league debut. He has a chance to be a first division regular in the infield.
The Orioles know what they're doing and the Royals don't is basically all this is...like they flipped Jorge Lopez into 2 legit players the Royals can't manage to do anything like that.

The Royals have one of the 5 worst minor league systems in baseball according to every source out there. While at the same time having a terrible MLB team and their response is to literally fire 1 guy.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 12:01 PM   #2898
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The Orioles know what they're doing and the Royals don't is basically all this is...like they flipped Jorge Lopez into 2 legit players the Royals can't manage to do anything like that.

The Royals have one of the 5 worst minor league systems in baseball according to every source out there. While at the same time having a terrible MLB team and their response is to literally fire 1 guy.
Exactly!

Nobody knew who the hell Yennier Cano was before this year. He's now a setup man pitching in the All-Star Game.
Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Ocotillo Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:03 PM   #2899
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
Exactly!

Nobody knew who the hell Yennier Cano was before this year. He's now a setup man pitching in the All-Star Game.
This team is gonna have to bite the bullet and hire a real Gm with real experience in building a competent system...Luhnow where are you?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:04 PM   #2900
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
Seems like it's an ok strategy on occasion if there is some High School kid you like, who is not a high pick, so you can toss some extra money at to convince them to forgo college. However, I absolutely agree with you. JJ needs to show he is different from DM in this draft or it is time to completely clean house in the front office.
Why didn't they completely clean house? What have they shown to warrant keeping?
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:10 PM   #2901
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Why didn't they completely clean house? What have they shown to warrant keeping?
My guess is because that is very expensive and to this point John Sherman has shown he is cheap.

To put a GM in place that knows what he is doing would require likely firing every single person in the front office, all of the minor league people etc etc..that is expensive when you are then going to need to hire the people he wants while still paying everyone else.
Old 07-05-2023, 12:56 PM   #2902
Beer Sherpa

I'd like to hear who people really hope we take with the eighth pick.

Let's assume the big five (Crews, Skenes, Langford, Clark, and Jenkins ) are gone, who would be the next three players you'd want?

I'll offer my next three picks: Teel, Lowder, and Dollander.
Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Infidel Goat must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 07-05-2023, 01:05 PM   #2903
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat View Post

Let's assume the big five (Crews, Skenes, Langford, Clark, and Jenkins ) are gone, who would be the next three players you'd want?

I really like Teel. Matt Shaw from Maryland is a college bat I find really interesting. If I'm taking a pitcher, Dollander is worth taking a swing on (viewed as potential 1.1 entering the season).

If they dip for a HS bat, my favorite guy is Arjun Nimmala (other than Max Clark and Walker Jenkins). He's the youngest top guy in the class, which matters.

Hurston Waldrep is another college pitcher worth considering, I think. The Florida ace is nasty and has a good present fastball-splitter-slider combo. The splitter is a split-change, so it's offspeed.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2023, 01:09 PM   #2904
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat View Post

There's some talk Jenkins could drop as teams may not be as high on him as the scouting community is.

If things go as expected Matt Shaw is someone I like, a second baseman with a really high end bat profile.

If they go to save some money I'd prefer Tommy Troy over Bradfield, Troy profiles as a guy who can hit where Bradfield might legit be Billy Hamilton and I get all the oh elite defense and stolen bases equals war shit but a dude hitting 215 isn't that helpful as an everyday player.
Old 07-05-2023, 01:10 PM   #2905
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I really like Teel. Matt Shaw from Maryland is a college bat I find really interesting. If I'm taking a pitcher, Dollander is worth taking a swing on (viewed as potential 1.1 entering the season).

If they dip for a HS bat, my favorite guy is Arjun Nimmala (other than Max Clark and Walker Jenkins). He's the youngest top guy in the class, which matters.

Hurston Waldrep is another college pitcher worth considering, I think. The Florida ace is nasty and has a good present fastball-splitter-slider combo. The splitter is a split-change, so it's offspeed.
I do not remotely trust this team to use a top 10 pick on a pitcher, I just don't.
Old 07-05-2023, 01:14 PM   #2906
Hockey Town

Also wanted to add Heasley was throwing 98 out of the pen yesterday so maybe he actually has an MLB spot as a 1 inning guy.

But the main problem is still there, there really is nothing as far as starters go..Alec Marsh is probably a reliever too.
Old 07-05-2023, 02:42 PM   #2907
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-05-2023, 06:49 PM   #2908
El Gato Gordo Loco

Maikel Garcia was as recently as last year listed at 6'0'' and 145 lbs. His MLB ESPN player card says 6'0'' 180.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-05-2023, 07:07 PM   #2909
Veteran

Old 07-06-2023, 07:26 AM   #2910
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.