Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:51 PM   #28591
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
Such bull shit fat cattle are 95 cents godamn packers are greedy sobs
As I said, the cow or pig is the cheap part, if your packing costs go up by 200%, due to the speed of the line to prevent infection, then it is explainable. Also, Cows being butchered now were most likely purchased on contract by the big packers at a higher cost.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:52 PM   #28592
In Search of a Life

Guess it's a good thing i've got the freezers full.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #28593
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
As I said, the cow or pig is the cheap part, if your packing costs go up by 200%, due to the speed of the line to prevent infection, then it is explainable. Also, Cows being butchered now were most likely purchased on contract by the big packers at a higher cost.
Yeah no show me them high price contracts that’s bullshit .
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:54 PM   #28594
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah throw me a life jacket so I can cry a river of tears for them
Pieces of shit
I have no skin in the game, just trying to explain how cost have to be covered to run a business, they have no choice.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:55 PM   #28595
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Such bull shit fat cattle are 95 cents godamn packers are greedy sobs
The ranchers are getting totally ****ed. I'm seriously debating setting my garage up as a butcher shop for a day and carving up a cow. Just get a shit ton of freezer paper and get busy, no different from cutting up an elk.. I know plenty of ranchers and I'm sure a few would love to unload a cow.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #28596
Veteran

Hell yes they would lol they ain’t getting nothing for them in town. Be doing them a favor
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:57 PM   #28597
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah no show me them high price contracts that’s bullshit .

See big packers bought beef from cattle lots and farmers over a period of weeks/months before they are sent to the packer. These are done through contracts so they have their supply. The low prices you see on the actual cows or pigs won't be reflected until later.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:00 PM   #28598
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
The ranchers are getting totally ****ed. I'm seriously debating setting my garage up as a butcher shop for a day and carving up a cow. Just get a shit ton of freezer paper and get busy, no different from cutting up an elk.. I know plenty of ranchers and I'm sure a few would love to unload a cow.
I agree, the small processors are full until fall as well.... So you have to do it yourself. I used to do my own deer back in the day, but a cow or pig are way bigger and I don't have the equip any more...
Old 05-06-2020, 02:01 PM   #28599
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Guess it's a good thing i've got the freezers full.
Me too lol. Hell I've gone to the in laws and filled up the freezer in the guest house lol
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:01 PM   #28600
Cheat Death

RIP BBQ restaurants
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #28601
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
I agree, the small processors are full until fall as well.... So you have to do it yourself. I used to do my own deer back in the day, but a cow or pig are way bigger and I don't have the equip any more...
My local processor is still taking stuff on. He's killing right now I think lol.
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #28602
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
Me too lol. Hell I've gone to the in laws and filled up the freezer in the guest house lol
I bought a full pig and a full cow. I may have food for a bit.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:04 PM   #28603
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I bought a full pig and a full cow. I may have food for a bit.
We buy a half a beef but still had quite a bit left his spring... Should have bought another and had it on the calendar, but I should have enough for a few more months.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:05 PM   #28604
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
My local processor is still taking stuff on. He's killing right now I think lol.
Where are you?
Old 05-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #28605
Veteran

Cool article and video on antibody drugs under development:

https://whdh.com/news/covid-19-treat...searchers-say/
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote