Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2022, 06:57 PM  
sorta mod-ish

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

Maybe it's overkill having a thread for this, but meh.

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2023, 07:10 PM   #271
Shaken. Not stirred.

****ing episode had to have been written by David foster
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2023, 08:30 PM   #272
Starter

Lifelong Star Trek and sci-if fan with DS9 and BSG being my favorites. I purposefully pulled out the stick from up my butt prior to starting this episode. I admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the episode, and everyone clearly had fun with producing it. But my enjoyment was because of the removal of the stick.
modocsot has disabled reputation
Old 08-04-2023, 09:19 PM   #273
sorta mod-ish

I laughed at the Klingon bit; I can't lie.

But yes -

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2023, 11:09 PM   #274
Ain't no relax!

Dumb waste of an episode.

Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2023, 11:15 PM   #275
Ain't no relax!

When the Klingons busted out in dance, I almost turned it off.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-04-2023, 11:59 PM   #276
Perpetual Mediocrity

Wasn’t expecting to like it going in but I did quite a bit. Was much better executed than I figured it would be. I’m sure they wrote that episode in part to take advantage of Uhura’s actress’s singing ability (she has won a Grammy and was nominated for a Tony).

I also like that they’re willing to experiment with episodes like this and the Lower Decks crossover. The only issue with it is that they are very short 10 episode seasons and you run out of time for the more serious fare as a result. We need longer seasons of this show in the future.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-05-2023, 12:11 AM   #277
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I thought the musical episode was next. I guess that's next week.

Expecting something musical and happy and silly made this one even darker, and boy, it was deeply ****ing dark. Lots of fighting and violence, but ground based. Again, very reminiscent of an old DS9 episode - the one where the crew was stranded with a ground unit fighting a protracted battle against the Jem'Hadar.

Excellent episode, though. The past three and next episode have been tense psychological thriller, comedy, today's PTSD rage fest, and up next, musical Star Trek!

They definitely like to change things up from week to week.

Still waiting for moar space battles.......
I thought the ending to last week’s episode was about as dark as Trek has ever gotten, at least since Sisko/Garak in “In the Pale Moonlight.” It was great.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-05-2023, 01:37 AM   #278
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
When the Klingons busted out in dance, I almost turned it off.
I laughed. I admit it.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2023, 01:38 AM   #279
Immanentize The Eschaton

listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-05-2023, 01:40 AM   #280
Immanentize The Eschaton

That is just so ****ing ridiculous that it is approaching "so bad it's good" territory.
Old 08-05-2023, 01:41 AM   #281
Immanentize The Eschaton

I solved for Y and now I'm the X was one of the 'high' points as well.
Old 08-05-2023, 01:41 AM   #282
Immanentize The Eschaton

Old 08-05-2023, 08:09 AM   #283
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
I laughed at the Klingon bit; I can't lie.

But yes -
The Klingon bit was the payoff for the rest of the episode. I don't believe I've ever seen anything funnier in SciFi.

The rest was a very mixed bag. Some of it was funny, some of it meh, and some just outright bad (anything with #1). Despite the fact that I detest musicals in general, I did enjoy Uhuru's bits despite myself.

I did enjoy the concept of the rift causing people to behave as they likely wish they could deep inside, but their insecurities prevent it.

Would have been a better episode had they utilized that great concept and actually wrote a real Star Trek episode instead of Star Trek Off Broadway.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-05-2023, 08:12 AM   #284
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Wasn’t expecting to like it going in but I did quite a bit. Was much better executed than I figured it would be. I’m sure they wrote that episode in part to take advantage of Uhura’s actress’s singing ability (she has won a Grammy and was nominated for a Tony).

I also like that they’re willing to experiment with episodes like this and the Lower Decks crossover. The only issue with it is that they are very short 10 episode seasons and you run out of time for the more serious fare as a result. We need longer seasons of this show in the future.
Streaming seasons only being 8-12 episodes long in general is a huge problem for story telling. Things often feel rushed. Even with hour long episodes, 8 episodes isn't a lot of screen time.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-05-2023, 11:53 AM   #285
"You like to drink?"

Fun episode because it looked like the cast had a great time making it.

Only thing funnier than Bruce Horak singing Klingon glitchpop is Pike's ever increasing exasperation.

Man knows he's going to be vegetablized saving some dipshit kids in the future, and what does he have to deal with? Two dipshit kids from the far future potentially contaminating the timeline. And then once that's resolved, his ship accidentally unleashes a ****ing "make everyone sing their innermost feelings" anomaly on a quarter of the galaxy?

Someone buy that man a ****ing drink
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.