Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:14 AM   #2821
Supporter

https://aliengearholsters.com/
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:32 PM   #2822
pie is never free

Well I did it, pulled the trigger on a Mossberg 500 at Wally World today... nothing tacticool, just a full walnut stock and pump handle

$250! couldn’t hardly believe it, never seen them anywhere for less than $3-350

Apparently just in time too, this very Walmart was busted into and looted last night, but thankfully mgmt had been expecting it and put all the firearms in a big safe in back

So yeah, this disgusting shit has found its way to my little one horse town
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:36 PM   #2823
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Well I did it, pulled the trigger on a Mossberg 500 at Wally World today... nothing tacticool, just a full walnut stock and pump handle

Apparently just in time too, this very Walmart was busted into and looted last night, but thankfully mgmt had been expecting it and put all the firearms in a big safe in back

Damn fine pick up! Now, let us hope that you never need to use it for your, or your familys protection.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 01:48 PM   #2824
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

I believe you can get a synthetic stock for somewhere between 70 and $80 or so, depending on whether you want to telescoping buttstock plus pistol grip, or just a synthetic stock that looks exactly like the wood one.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:49 PM   #2825
When pigs fly

Quote:

That's a good price. Nice catch.

I don't normally go for what I would consider novelty guns, but I did just put in an order for a Nighthawk Tomahawk. its a small 12ga with ridiculously low recoil. And my wife could easily operate it in the house if she had to, which was the biggest selling point. its expensive for what it is, but we live on the highway outside of town. She's fairly good with the 9mm I keep in the dresser, but figured having something easy to use with less aiming requirements might not be that bad of an idea. had one before and regret getting rid of it now.

Last edited by tatorhog; 06-02-2020 at 01:55 PM..
tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.tatorhog wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:18 PM   #2826
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
Damn fine pick up! Now, let us hope that you never need to use it for your, or your familys protection.
Amen... but yeah this shit has apparently found its way into the sticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I believe you can get a synthetic stock for somewhere between 70 and $80 or so, depending on whether you want to telescoping buttstock plus pistol grip, or just a synthetic stock that looks exactly like the wood one.
Yeah I’ve watched a buttload of YouTube videos recently, I could definitely trick this thing out nicely if I decided to
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #2827
MVP

Quote:
Amen... but yeah this shit has apparently found its way into the sticks

Yeah I’ve watched a buttload of YouTube videos recently, I could definitely trick this thing out nicely if I decided to

My Dad (God rest his soul) had for years, a Double Barrel 12 Gauge that *someone* () had sawed off to about 10-12 inches. Usually kept it by the front door (unless company was coming, then he'd put it away).

I used to chuckle at that John Wayne movie with James Caan - "ElDorado". Caan bought a sawed off 12 gauge because he couldn't shoot for shit.

The Old Man's looked just like that one - and would do just a much damage at close range

Damn, those were the good old days........
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:34 PM   #2828
Supporter

Good pickup, happy you found something that you are excited for. Good base to build off of with tons of aftermarket support for it.
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:48 PM   #2829
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac459 View Post
Good pickup, happy you found something that you are excited for. Good base to build off of with tons of aftermarket support for it.
What I REALLY wanted is an AK47, but that’s just too steep for my blood right now... oh well, I think a 45 and a 12 gauge is enough for now
Old 06-02-2020, 03:11 PM   #2830
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

Something to keep in mind is that the vast majority of break-ins/home invasions occur after dark. So, another thing to consider is a weapon-mounted light. I know, a lot of people don't like them for whatever reasons given ad nauseum. But just try this: holding your shotgun (unloaded for pete's sake) however you think you would in a HD situation, try to open a door, navigate your hallways to retrieve a loved one or whatever with a flashlight in your off-hand.

Or while at the range with your shotgun, try holding a flashlight in your off-hand and fire 3 aimed rounds as fast as possible at three separate targets. Under 2.75 seconds would be a good start.

Hell, try it without any rounds in the gun. Most people can't do that at all while holding a flashlight.

Try having someone about your size try to take the weapon away from you while holding the light.

If you can't see the huge advantage to a weapon-mounted light on your shotgun at that point, well . . . good luck with that.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:19 PM   #2831
pie is never free

Yeah a light seems like a very good idea, Megatron

Might just try to get one when I pick it up in (hopefully) 3 days
Old 06-02-2020, 03:34 PM   #2832
Admitted Planet Junky

Why did you have to wait.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:41 PM   #2833
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Why did you have to wait.

Illinois law is 72 hours for your background check to clear, unfortunately the gun counter guy said he’s seeing waits of up to 7 days because the state police are back logged like crazy right now
Old 06-02-2020, 03:55 PM   #2834
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Illinois law is 72 hours for your background check to clear, unfortunately the gun counter guy said he’s seeing waits of up to 7 days because the state police are back logged like crazy right now
Wow. I can get a pistol same day here.

Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #2835
The Constitutional Choo choo

Quote:
What I REALLY wanted is an AK47, but that’s just too steep for my blood right now... oh well, I think a 45 and a 12 gauge is enough for now
Did you buy any military grade buckshot?
Wal-Mart usually has it in 5 rounds for 5 bucks.
It patters nice.
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.