Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #27781
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
It's hard to believe how ****ing stupid some people are.
The American population in general is extremely stupid. They have no common sense and seem to lack basic understanding. Not everything is fake or news or a hoax, even if you don't think Covid is going to kill you how about you still make smart decisions and error on the side of caution?

I really don't know what happened, it's like a good portion of the country lost all reasonable thinking skills one day.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #27782
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
What exactly is the point of this comment?
That there’s a laundry list of preexisting conditions that make people vulnerable to having a severe case. Based on this list, 90% of people have one and many things like high blood pressure is undiagnosed and untreated in many who don’t go to the doctor. We simply don’t know enough about this virus to assume “healthy” people aren’t vulnerable.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #27783
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Your typical bullshit confirmed my thesis. If another unimpeachable model projection gets handed down from The Experts that suggests C-19 deaths will stop out around 85,000, you'd still be posting "are you okay with 85,000 Americans dying?"

Because it isn't at all about any sort of total number, as you've pointed out by deflecting the fact that using Spanish Flu as a comparison when that outbreak killed <1% of the US population over a year. If C-19 killed the same percentage of the population, that's going to mean somewhere at 3,000,000 people dead at the higher end.

So whatever the actual mortality rate of C-19 is totally irrelevant in your thinking, which you had already demonstrated earlier when you said Sweden's per million death count being 25% higher representing a "worse" figure than deaths per million from the nations which went into lockdown.

As if Sweden having a 24%, 6% or 1% higher fatalities per million would be "better".

Because it isn't about N number of deaths being "okay" with you, Marcellus or anyone posting here: it's about you finding confirmation for your personal narrative and agenda.
The people I'm questioning are those saying that we should open up now. It makes sense in some states, and none in others. So, the people saying open up now in states that aren't declining should have an idea of what is an acceptable number of deaths. Right? Or, are they just not even taking that into consideration?

I used the Spanish Flu to show that person that we have locked down before over a virus, which was a question he asked. Sorry if educating people who ask for it bothers you, I guess.

As I've said, I think the federal plan makes sense. It is reasonable. I also accept the accuracy of the models being used.

So, with that said, thanks for your rant.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Donger
This message has been deleted by Donger. Reason: Dupe
Old 05-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #27784
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Deaths are below 1k on Worldometers right now. I don't watch it like a hawk but that seems low for the time of day. Could just be a 1 day outlier
it's low even for a Monday
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:54 PM   #27785
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The American population in general is extremely stupid. They have no common sense and seem to lack basic understanding. Not everything is fake or news or a hoax, even if you don't think Covid is going to kill you how about you still make smart decisions and error on the side of caution?

I really don't know what happened, it's like a good portion of the country lost all reasonable thinking skills one day.
Yup. I'm in a group text with co workers and we were discussing the news that just came out. 1 said we gotta get back to work this thing is just the flu unless you have a compromised system.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #27786
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
That there’s a laundry list of preexisting conditions that make people vulnerable to having a severe case. Based on this list, 90% of people have one and many things like high blood pressure is undiagnosed and untreated in many who don’t go to the doctor. We simply don’t know enough about this virus to assume “healthy” people aren’t vulnerable.
Ah. Nevermind then, I thought that was going down a different path. Carry on.

I've read some of the weirdest ish about this virus, and it seems about the furthest thing from consistent - from symptoms to deaths to random stuff that pops up weeks or months later.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #27787
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Yup. I'm in a group text with co workers and we were discussing the news that just came out. 1 said we gotta get back to work this thing is just the flu unless you have a compromised system.
The other thing is we live in a time where we are so saturated with information that lots of people are lazy about it. So they take the few stories they want to hang onto and then hold on to them as the facts.

People heard that flu shit and won't let it go. No matter where you get your news or your information you should do some critical thinking, we seem to have lost that as a society in general.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #27788
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Social media happened. Stupidity was always there, just hidden out of sight.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:57 PM   #27789
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
Yeah it sure is rather odd that out of 379 that were positive none had any symptoms.

Just goes to show we probably have 10's of millions of people walking around with this thing. You can draw from that what you wish.
They still haven't said how many they tested actually were symptomatic. I'm piecing together what I can from news reports, but the symptomatic group was much smaller in comparison to the asymptomatic group.

It was hypothesized by Dr. Williams today that the virus was brought into the plant from someone in KC. But they aren't sure.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #27790
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I see that Menards is now requiring masks for everyone in the store. Lowe’s and Home Depot can’t be far behind. I know Hy-Vee is requiring masks for employees. I’m sure this trend will continue among major retailers and I think that is better than government mandates as people are less likely to get upset if it’s each store doing it on their own.
Maybe. There's certainly been a lot of vitriol directed toward Costco for their mask rule that started today, though I always have trouble sifting through "article that pulls a bunch of tweets from a vocal minority to make a point" vs. "there really are a ton of people pissed off."
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #27791
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I see that Menards is now requiring masks for everyone in the store. Lowe’s and Home Depot can’t be far behind. I know Hy-Vee is requiring masks for employees. I’m sure this trend will continue among major retailers and I think that is better than government mandates as people are less likely to get upset if it’s each store doing it on their own.
Great. Now we just need a massive training program to teach people the proper way to actually wear those masks and we'll be all set!
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #27792
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
The other thing is we live in a time where we are so saturated with information that lots of people are lazy about it. So they take the few stories they want to hang onto and then hold on to them as the facts.

People heard that flu shit and won't let it go. No matter where you get your news or your information you should do some critical thinking, we seem to have lost that as a society in general.
Alot of places would close down if the flu was being passed from co worker to co worker. They now think COVID is some political thing and not a contagious virus.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 03:59 PM   #27793
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
Social media happened. Stupidity was always there, just hidden out of sight.
That certainly seemed to bring a bigger rise to it. Now people with really ridiculous thoughts and beliefs find others that agree with them and instead of realizing that was a dumb thought, they think everyone else is wrong.

My sisters husband is a flat earther....he wanted me to watch youtube videos...
Old 05-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #27794
In Search of a Life

Us dropped under the 10% of positives test today for the first time so that’s good
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:00 PM   #27795
Veteran

I’m told this is a great sign for immunity, but can’t be certain until Hamas weighs in. 😁

https://twitter.com/erictopol/status...134043140?s=21
Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Kidd Lex is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.