Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #26566
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
If "we" did "let it happen", it's more than likely because "we" never really looked into what exactly goes on in nursing homes as far as how they're staffed and managed, and what kind of "care" the people in them are truly receiving.
I think the one thing that would substantially increase the quality of care at nursing homes is to increase the pay of the people that are more directly involved in the care of the residents. Nursing homes are cess pools because the people that run them want to keep costs to a minimum. I'd be all for state/federal funding of nursing homes as long as that funding doesn't just go into the pocket of the person running the place.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #26567
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi View Post

So everyone protesting is a Nazi because of her? Is that what this twatter is implying?
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #26568
Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
What did they list her C.O.D as?
I don’t remember the exact way is was worded because it was over 20 years ago, but I do remember it was some sort of heart failure. I guess technically that is true because her heart did stop beating.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:30 AM   #26569
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
The nursing homes tend to be under staffed and underequipped where I live to deal with something like this.

The nursing staff are not always as well trained either and being private entities cost cutting can be an issue.
We're talking about the same nursing homes that charge thousands of dollars a month, correct?
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #26570
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
The nursing homes tend to be under staffed and underequipped where I live to deal with something like this.

The nursing staff are not always as well trained either and being private entities cost cutting can be an issue.

Yup, both of my parents were in a nursing office\assisted living facility before they passed and most of all the staff there probably couldn't get a job in a real hospital.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:32 AM   #26571
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
It is awful and truly heart breaking. It also is a good example among others why it is going to be hard for corporate America to go back to work anytime soon.

We have seen now time and time again, keeping large amounts of people in an enclosed space for hours on end = large amounts of infections and death.

Going to a restaurant or store for a short period of time you will probably be ok but not sitting in your office for 8 hours.
I know it's become taboo to speak of them here it seems, but Sweden had the same problem. We need to go above and beyond with the workers and such at these places to do our best to keep this from getting in there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #26572
In Search of a Life

IIRC, most of the people that go into nursing homes have like a 6 month expectancy of life from the point they enter. I just recently read that, had no idea that was the case.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:33 AM   #26573
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
More Triumph news.
That's really perplexing. 359 people test positive and no one had symptoms?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #26574
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I know it's become taboo to speak of them here it seems, but Sweden had the same problem. We need to go above and beyond with the workers and such at these places to do our best to keep this from getting in there.

It is going to be hard without force quarantining them. We don't have the testing capability to test them so I don't know...
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:42 AM   #26575
Court Jester

Quote:
So everyone protesting is a Nazi because of her? Is that what this twatter is implying?
I don’t use twatter, but she probably should have written that in English. I had to google what was written on her sign to see why it was such a big deal.
Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.Spott is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #26576
I love your mom

Quote:
We're talking about the same nursing homes that charge thousands of dollars a month, correct?
Yup, we had one patient who was still pretty active for his age (well as much as somebody is active with 2 missing legs) die from a UTI because the home was rationing diapers to 1 per patient for per day for some stupid reasons (changing vendors I think).Family was not very pleased.
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #26577
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
Oh the humanity.. Im willing to bet 15,000 deaths were not do to Corona$$$
I'll take that bet, too
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #26578
New and Improved

You guys shouldn't be taking advantage of the slow kid.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 11:47 AM   #26579
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
I don’t use twatter, but she probably should have written that in English. I had to google what was written on her sign to see why it was such a big deal.
I had to as well, guess I'm not as well-versed in Nazi slogans as some. Her intent is clear but I'm still not sure how it's a microcosm of the nature of the protests. It doesn't even make sense to imply that.
Old 05-02-2020, 11:48 AM   #26580
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
IIRC, most of the people that go into nursing homes have like a 6 month expectancy of life from the point they enter. I just recently read that, had no idea that was the case.
My grandmother was in for more than 2 years and most people that I know of that died in a nursing home were suffering from Parkinson's, Alzheimer's or dementia.

Most of them were in for 4 years, minimum.

Also, regardless of where you live, even decent nursing homes are $7k per month, which becomes quite expensive if a patient is there for years on end.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.