Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2023, 11:01 AM  
In Search of a Life

2023 Free Agency

Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:05 PM   #2506
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
For the last month i've been saying NOT to take a WR with the first pick, dumb ****.
No you haven't
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:06 PM   #2507
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
I'll ask you a similar question: Who did the Chiefs NOT pay that you think should have been paid? How much should the Chiefs have given them?
For the Chiefs, no players that have been signed as FAs so far.

We’ve made the right decisions on OBJ, Juan, Khalen, etc.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:07 PM   #2508
11-5, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I didn't say there's no way - I said it's damn hard and the juice doesn't justify the squeeze. The risk/reward involved just doesn't add up.

Moreover, I specifically cited the cap as the REASON it's difficult - so you reference the uncapped year?

Um...okay. Really knocking it out of the park with that rebuttal...
My assistant is out today.

Cut me some slack.
Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.Skyy God is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:09 PM   #2509
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
No you haven't
Yes i have. Not that i'd actually expect you to read with all that cum in your eyes.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:09 PM   #2510
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
My assistant is out today.

Cut me some slack.
Wait, so your assistant is who usually posts for you on CP? You need to fire your assistant.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:12 PM   #2511
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
I really hate to say it, but Juan is kind of right. I'm shocked at the lack of money being spent, especially with all the new TV contract cash about to start flowing. There seems to be a deliberate attempt to drive prices down on starting caliber players. Compared to the deals that were flowing last year and all the seasons in the past, the market seems really weak. Prices on players usually steadily go up every offseason, and they seem to have taken a nose dive this year.

Not that I necessarily have a problem with it, but there definitely seems to be some collusion going on. You can't tell me all these teams suddenly figured out after 35 years of free agency that it's dumb to throw too much money at average starters.
Look at the NBA for comparison here.

In 2016 the NBA had a new TV rights deal kick in and suddenly the cap went from $63 million in 2014 to $94 million in 2016. Essentially a 50% increase in 2 seasons (and a 40% increase in a single season).

Did teams piss away a bunch of money in 2015 knowing the cap would explode in '16? Nope - they sat on it because they knew that revenues leaguewide were about to explode and they didn't want to have to go into a 2016 FA market with $2 million and a pack of chewing gum when everyone else was holding $25 million in runaround money.

Now SOME teams did try to leapfrog the market by being aggressive in 2015 knowing that they really didn't want to get in the middle of a bidding war in '16 with everyone holding full coffers. But those were smaller market teams like the Spurs and Cavs. And really, the small/large market distinction just doesn't apply in the NFL.

History tells us that many teams will actually try to keep powder dry AHEAD of a major cap explosion rather than spend up to it. And that's not collusion - it's simply savvy cap management.

Now that all went up in a puff of smoke in '16 when all those teams spent money like it was water. Suddenly Timofey Mozgov is getting $20 million/season. Luol Deng got something like $65 million to play 80 more career games.

Teams will be stupid again soon enough, but what you're seeing right now is them PREPARING to be stupid later.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:15 PM   #2512
Banned

Quote:
Yes i have. Not that i'd actually expect you to read with all that cum in your eyes.
Well why don't you shoot it somewhere else if u want me to read your posts?
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:19 PM   #2513
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Wait, so your assistant is who usually posts for you on CP? You need to fire your assistant.
His assistant is on vacation.

In Belize.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:23 PM   #2514
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson View Post
For the Chiefs, no players that have been signed as FAs so far.

We’ve made the right decisions on OBJ, Juan, Khalen, etc.
So, the Chiefs aren't colluding; it's everybody else?

Let me remind everyone that Allen Lazard (yes, THAT Allen Lazard) just got $44 million.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:24 PM   #2515
MVP

Quote:
Ugliest WR room since the Donnie Avery/AJ Jenkins/Jason Avant WR room.
I'm sure Veach has something planned. He can't be confident with this WR group. He's not stupid. That said, we only need to replace Juju. The other receivers from the SB are still here.

Week 1 is a long way from now. If this WR core doesn't change from now until then, I'll be more nervous.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:28 PM   #2516
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Look at the NBA for comparison here.

In 2016 the NBA had a new TV rights deal kick in and suddenly the cap went from $63 million in 2014 to $94 million in 2016. Essentially a 50% increase in 2 seasons (and a 40% increase in a single season).

Did teams piss away a bunch of money in 2015 knowing the cap would explode in '16? Nope - they sat on it because they knew that revenues leaguewide were about to explode and they didn't want to have to go into a 2016 FA market with $2 million and a pack of chewing gum when everyone else was holding $25 million in runaround money.

Now SOME teams did try to leapfrog the market by being aggressive in 2015 knowing that they really didn't want to get in the middle of a bidding war in '16 with everyone holding full coffers. But those were smaller market teams like the Spurs and Cavs. And really, the small/large market distinction just doesn't apply in the NFL.

History tells us that many teams will actually try to keep powder dry AHEAD of a major cap explosion rather than spend up to it. And that's not collusion - it's simply savvy cap management.

Now that all went up in a puff of smoke in '16 when all those teams spent money like it was water. Suddenly Timofey Mozgov is getting $20 million/season. Luol Deng got something like $65 million to play 80 more career games.

Teams will be stupid again soon enough, but what you're seeing right now is them PREPARING to be stupid later.
Bismack Biyombo got $17 million per year for averaging 5.5 pts/game. It was perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen outside of trading/paying fat rus.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:29 PM   #2517
Hockey Town

Quote:

Let me remind everyone that Allen Lazard (yes, THAT Allen Lazard) just got $44 million.
For anyone that doesn't think Aaron Rodgers cares about his teammates I point to this...Aaron got this man paid
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 02:31 PM   #2518
Colorado Chief Fan

Quote:

It seems that most of the top WRs available got 11/year.

3/33, 4/44. If they offer OBJ a 2/22 it puts him in with the other top FA WRs. Nothing to be ashamed about there. Maybe thats where it lands.

Im hoping its like 2/20 with an easy out after one if it doesnt work but a second year of control if he blows up.

If Veach gets him for any less, thats a huge bonus!
chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.chiefforlife is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:31 PM
DJ's left nut
This message has been deleted by DJ's left nut.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:36 PM   #2519
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
I'm sure Veach has something planned. He can't be confident with this WR group. He's not stupid. That said, we only need to replace Juju. The other receivers from the SB are still here.

Week 1 is a long way from now. If this WR core doesn't change from now until then, I'll be more nervous.
Agreed - it is nice to hypothesize and fantasy team it but he has a plan and its a doozy I'm sure.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:47 PM   #2520
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Bismack Biyombo got $17 million per year for averaging 5.5 pts/game. It was perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen outside of trading/paying fat rus.
And history says it wasn't even one of the 15 worst deals given out that year.

Chandler Parsons got $95 million and played 100 shitty games over 4 years for a total of 1.2 win shares. That had to be the worst.

I think the Lakers w/ Deng and Mozgov own 2 and 3. $130 some odd million for 2 guys who played like 120 games combined. Mozgov was so bad the Lakers had to attach Russell to him just to get him off the books.

Those were the clear top 3 in terms of raw awfulness, IMO. The rest were either shorter term, lower $$ or at least the team got SOME value out of the guys in question.

But yeah, the summer of 2016 has gone down in sports lore as teams just tripping over themselves **** up worse than their competitors.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.