Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:15 AM   #2506
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I posted this in the Memorial Day thread but I'm posting here also because it was so badass.

Ok, I went all in this weekend. I've always wanted to make Pastrami at home. I followed these guys recipe, which is a pretty damn close approximation of Katz deli Pastrami, often considered the best there is. Here's the link: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pastrami.html

Now, it is very time consuming, but much of the time is in the smoker, or in the refrigerator, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Just in case it didn't turn out, and since I'd have the smoker rolling, I thought I'd do a full packer cut of brisket also. I've gotta say, the pastrami might be the best thing I've ever made. It melts in your mouth, has amazing flavor, and is, well....perfect. The brisket turned out great as well, and as you can see from the pics below, the point was sick juicy, and I chopped it into burnt ends. It's the second and third pic. Pastrami is the last two. Y'all gotta try this.
That looks amazing Tooge.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:19 AM   #2507
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mennonite View Post
Is this the Pioneer Woman recipe by any chance? I've had that one bookmarked for a while.
PW recipe is very good, it's our go to soup
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #2508
Supporter

Tooge. Screw you for not inviting me.

Looks good man.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:07 PM   #2509
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
I think I've had that one.
Guy I worked with had it and raved about it. Wish I remembered the name of the place. I would have to bring my own giant crouton in my purse though. Just so I don't get hives.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:50 PM   #2510
Gimme My Berries Back!

I know I've been lazy putting up my meal photos. Here's tonights.

Chicken Mushroom Dinner
Sauteed chicken breast filets, quartered mushrooms, thyme cooked in olive oil and butter. Later added some white wine and chicken broth. ( Tho' I liked it better without the wine and broth in the recipe though this was still very good). Brown rice & orzo cooked in chicken broth and thyme. Fresh organic carrots and organic peas ( frozen). Served with a side garden salad with black olives 'cuz it's National Olive Day.

I eat off a salad plate, so food is crammed tight. This way I eat less.

Here's the recipe. I wanted chicken and mushrooms so googled a recipe. This one looked good.

http://www.marthastewart.com/925229/chicken-mushrooms
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MushroomChickenRS.png
Views:	455
Size:	449.5 KB
ID:	112290   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chickshroom&RiceRSF.png
Views:	461
Size:	467.9 KB
ID:	112291  
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:59 PM   #2511
MFIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
I know I've been lazy putting up my meal photos. Here's tonights.

Chicken Mushroom Dinner
Sauteed chicken breast filets, quartered mushrooms, thyme cooked in olive oil and butter. Later added some white wine and chicken broth. ( Tho' I liked it better without the wine and broth in the recipe though this was still very good). Brown rice & orzo cooked in chicken broth and thyme. Fresh organic carrots and organic peas ( frozen). Served with a side garden salad with black olives 'cuz it's National Olive Day.

I eat off a salad plate, so food is crammed tight. This way I eat less.

Here's the recipe. I wanted chicken and mushrooms so googled a recipe. This one looked good.

http://www.marthastewart.com/925229/chicken-mushrooms
In regards to National Olive Day, today was take out pizza day in the Gadzooks household. I added green olives and mushrooms to my normal order. It was delicious, (the Wife thought I was nuts).
Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.Gadzooks threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:36 AM   #2512
Banned

i think it would be fun to do a version of chopped on the board.. of course wouldn't be timed but could come up with some fun "basket" items go from there.
RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.RobBlake Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:19 AM   #2513
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
In regards to National Olive Day, today was take out pizza day in the Gadzooks household. I added green olives and mushrooms to my normal order. It was delicious, (the Wife thought I was nuts).

I prefer black ones on pizza.
Old 06-02-2016, 12:42 PM   #2514
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
I posted this in the Memorial Day thread but I'm posting here also because it was so badass.

Ok, I went all in this weekend. I've always wanted to make Pastrami at home. I followed these guys recipe, which is a pretty damn close approximation of Katz deli Pastrami, often considered the best there is.

The brisket turned out great as well, and as you can see from the pics below, the point was sick juicy, and I chopped it into burnt ends. It's the second and third pic. Pastrami is the last two. Y'all gotta try this.

That looks like some amazing meat. I love pastrami and I love Katz. I'm now craving a weekend trip to NY
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:17 AM   #2515
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Working on some easy reheat meals for next week and just improvised a pretty outstanding cream of chicken soup.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:34 PM   #2516
pie is never free

6 huge bone-in pork chops, panko breaded and fried... paprika, garlic powder and black pepper in the panko

Chicken broth parmesan rice pilaf with sweet peas from scratch

Another 75 hour work week ahead so I want plenty of leftovers around, I'm not coming home from a 15 hour day and spending another hour in the kitchen
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #2517
"Think BOOM!"

Grilled bacon-wrapped 4 count shrimp, Jasmine rice and my maple syrup, teriyaki and soy side sauce concoction (for the girls).
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #2518
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Grilled bacon-wrapped 4 count shrimp, Jasmine rice and my maple syrup, teriyaki and soy side sauce concoction (for the girls).
If the girls love it thats great, carry on... just not sure about the maple syrup though
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:53 PM   #2519
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
If the girls love it thats great, carry on... just not sure about the maple syrup though
As was I the first time I made the sauce. It gets reduced significantly. They tend to add it to the plain rice to make it more interesting.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2016, 04:59 PM   #2520
Beloved & Awesome CP Celebrity

Quote:

Ok, I went all in this weekend. I've always wanted to make Pastrami at home. I followed these guys recipe, which is a pretty damn close approximation of Katz deli Pastrami, often considered the best there is. Here's the link: http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/..._pastrami.html

Now, it is very time consuming, but much of the time is in the smoker, or in the refrigerator, so it's not as bad as it sounds. Just in case it didn't turn out, and since I'd have the smoker rolling, I thought I'd do a full packer cut of brisket also. I've gotta say, the pastrami might be the best thing I've ever made. It melts in your mouth, has amazing flavor, and is, well....perfect. The brisket turned out great as well, and as you can see from the pics below, the point was sick juicy, and I chopped it into burnt ends. It's the second and third pic. Pastrami is the last two. Y'all gotta try this.
Bravo!
DaKCMan AP has disabled reputation