Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2008, 01:04 PM  
Enjoyer of things

Any Bourbon drinkers out there?

I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.The Poz Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:05 PM   #2431
Cynical Misanthrope

Recent pickups:

18 year old Macallan.
Wild Turkey Forgiven
Woodinville (did well in a taste test and bourbon guy at liquor store said I should try it)
Blanton’s

Blanton’s isn’t here often so whenever I see it, I grab a bottle
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 06:40 PM   #2432
Ultrabanned

Great job lew. Hits every note I want and barely crept over that 50 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #2433
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Great job lew. Hits every note I want and barely crept over that 50 mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My FAVORITE easy to locate bottle. Love it’s cherry notes and the high proof!

Shhhh..... don’t tell anyone!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #2434
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Recent pickups:

18 year old Macallan.
Wild Turkey Forgiven
Woodinville (did well in a taste test and bourbon guy at liquor store said I should try it)
Blanton’s

Blanton’s isn’t here often so whenever I see it, I grab a bottle
I can't rationalize paying Macallan prices anymore. Macallan 18 is running $280-300 lately and that's just insane. There are WAY better 18 year old single malts out there for half the price. Macallan has become the Bose of single malts.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:20 PM   #2435
King Sandbagger

Glendronach 18 is far superior at $150 a bottle.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:40 PM   #2436
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
My FAVORITE easy to locate bottle. Love it’s cherry notes and the high proof!

Shhhh..... don’t tell anyone!
Stopped myself after a couple because it was hitting like a ton of bricks and I've gotta stay up late and beat the shit outta my wife at MarioKart.

Had to go to something lower proof in vodka/cran.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:42 PM   #2437
Inmem 2.0

Yeah that EW single barrell grew on me about the 3rd or 4th pour. Pretty smooth for a 35 dollar bottle too.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 04:53 AM   #2438
Starter

I tried out the Midnight Ritual last night. Partnership with Boulevard and Foundry. It was nice. Picked up a black label of High West Double Rye. It’s their limited release. I haven’t had their Double Rye before, but have had their Yippee Ki-yay series and MWND(which incidentally has made its way to KC again...only to be smoked in a matter of hours). HW also has a black label of American Prairie, but didn’t get it for same reason...hadn’t tried it. Not bad, $60 but anyone else given it a whirl?

Last edited by Boiled Chicken; 10-04-2020 at 04:54 AM.. Reason: spelling
Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Boiled Chicken has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:00 PM   #2439
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
I can't rationalize paying Macallan prices anymore. Macallan 18 is running $280-300 lately and that's just insane. There are WAY better 18 year old single malts out there for half the price. Macallan has become the Bose of single malts.
Didn’t say I bought the Macallan. Was given to me by a friend.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #2440
Custom User Title

Made an old fashioned with Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye. While I wasn’t a huge fan of the bottle when first tried it a while back by itself, this drink is pretty tasty.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #2441
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Didn’t say I bought the Macallan. Was given to me by a friend.
Good point.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:16 PM   #2442
MVP

Just broke into a bottle of Devil's River bourbon that is 90 proof

Interesting nose Peppery, vanilla. Caramel sipping kinda hot with a smooth finish. Not aged long enough but it is a new distillery.

I'll chime in again after a few.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 10-05-2020 at 08:41 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-06-2020, 11:51 PM   #2443
Cynical Misanthrope

I mentioned that I recently picked up a bottle of the Woodinville Bourbon Whiskey. I admit I was skeptical. It’s from Woodinville, WA. Not exactly a hot bed of bourbon, I understand.

But I have to say that it’s excellent. Long finish. Very smooth. On the palate it presents with caramel and vanilla notes as might be expected. However, it has a creaminess, for lack of a better word, that is quite rare. Similar to smoking a Cohiba. Also shows strong honeyed floral notes. The char is light but noticeable. The char does not overwhelm but instead brings other flavors together and intensifies them, much like salt with meat.

Anyway, I am going to be grabbing another bottle or two shortly. For more info, here’s the website:

https://www.woodinvillewhiskeyco.com...urbon-whiskey/

It’s about $35 or so in my neighborhood so it hardly breaks the bank. If anybody on here comes across it and tries it, let me know what you think.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:44 PM   #2444
MVP

Tell me that it lives up to this review
https://www.breakingbourbon.com/revi...raight-bourbon

then read this review of what I drank over the weekend

https://flaviar.com/devils-river-whi...-notes-reviews

Think ones worth $15-20 buck more than the other?

To me. Devil's a great whiskey... if not trying to impress someone, wouldn't buy it at retail price point.

Quote:
I mentioned that I recently picked up a bottle of the Woodinville Bourbon Whiskey. I admit I was skeptical. It’s from Woodinville, WA. Not exactly a hot bed of bourbon, I understand.

But I have to say that it’s excellent. Long finish. Very smooth. On the palate it presents with caramel and vanilla notes as might be expected. However, it has a creaminess, for lack of a better word, that is quite rare. Similar to smoking a Cohiba. Also shows strong honeyed floral notes. The char is light but noticeable. The char does not overwhelm but instead brings other flavors together and intensifies them, much like salt with meat.

Anyway, I am going to be grabbing another bottle or two shortly. For more info, here’s the website:

It’s about $35 or so in my neighborhood so it hardly breaks the bank. If anybody on here comes across it and tries it, let me know what you think.
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #2445
Starter

Quote:

+1 on Woodinville. Try their cask strength. It's really a nice whiskey in my view.
A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.A8bil must have mowed badgirl's lawn.