Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:11 AM   #2416
THIS .... IS... ARROWHEAD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Not that all of the virus will be gone by 6 months, but it will start to feel normal enough that the freakouts will stop and prices will start to move back up
Oh yeah,

I mean I agree with that, I was of the camp of let the damn thing run it course and just be cautious.

But like I said yesterday the cat is out of the bag now.
BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.BleedingRed is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:13 AM   #2417
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I'd like to see some communications from people that actually have the sickness right now. I'd like to see how many feel like death, how many are slightly sick, etc. I keep reading "oh, most people only experience minor symptoms." Is minor like a common cold or is minor like the full blown flu without hospitalization?
I have family and friends with it. Four people now.

They all report the same basic thing — started feeling crummy/run down, had a high fever that spiked suddenly (39-40 C), took a bunch of Tylenol, slept a day, got a minor sore throat and after a few days it was done.

They are all relatively young/in good shape.

I have read stories from people who went thru the above and then got much worse as well as people who nearly died while a spouse got the sniffles. Seems like there may be two versions but don’t know.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:14 AM   #2418
Shit

this really sucks, especially having a disabled daughter who has always had a compromised immune and respiratory system.

super stressful especially with other kids who go to school and both mom and dad working with the public...
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:14 AM   #2419
The Seated Villain

Quote:
I know. That's not what I'm requesting. I'm requesting some kind of daily logs from infected people (of all sorts).
Here's the first guy in the US to have it:

My family had something strikingly similar a few weeks later, but I'm not about to say it was COVID-19, it could have been the flu. None of us went to the doctor and we are all recovered now.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #2420
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
this really sucks, especially having a disabled daughter who has always had a compromised immune and respiratory system.

super stressful especially with other kids who go to school and both mom and dad working with the public...
Dude I forgot about that. Stay safe. Let us know down here if you need anything, more than happy to bring it up to you.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:15 AM   #2421
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Can't believe this has happened. How the **** does a virus cause this much chaos in this day and age with all of our technology?
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:17 AM   #2422
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Dude I forgot about that. Stay safe. Let us know down here if you need anything, more than happy to bring it up to you.
i really appreciate that buddy.

momma is having a tough time right now worried about it, especially with what we went through a couple months ago...****ing sucks
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:19 AM   #2423
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Can't believe this has happened. How the **** does a virus cause this much chaos in this day and age with all of our technology?
Because people are stupid. ;-)
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #2424
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUTO View Post
i really appreciate that buddy.

momma is having a tough time right now worried about it, especially with what we went through a couple months ago...****ing sucks
Yeah, I knew you had some shit going with how scarce you were round these parts and the group text.

Good luck man. Like I said, you need anything just get in touch.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #2425
2 Legit 2 Colquitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post

My family had something strikingly similar a few weeks later, but I'm not about to say it was COVID-19, it could have been the flu. None of us went to the doctor and we are all recovered now.
He shit out his nose for two days? That IS terrifying.
ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.ReynardMuldrake has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #2426
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I’m sure the Martians were thinking the same thing...
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:21 AM   #2427
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Every medical professional in this field is saying that millions are going to be infected. We only have a couple of hundred right now due to us being 3-4 weeks behind in testing. There are probably millions already infected,

There is still no reason to panic. We have all been sick. Sucks for awhile but even the worse ones we have got, we got better in a week. The only at risk population seems to be the elderly and those whose health is already compromised. We have 70 million citizens over 60 years old.We need to take this deadly serious around our elderly family members.
There are consequences for almost everyone if our healthcare resources are overwhelmed.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:23 AM   #2428
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post

I wonder how many people have gotten it, thought it was just the flu or a bad cold, and went on with their lives?

I guess we should hope for a lot since every non-reported case brings the mortality rate down...
Old 03-12-2020, 11:24 AM   #2429
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
There are consequences for almost everyone if our healthcare resources are overwhelmed.
yeah, he's dumb.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:29 AM   #2430
I’m a Mahomo!

Meanwhile....
https://youtu.be/LXWVYoBluT4
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.