Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:16 PM   #24151
Starter

I know this isn’t much but it might be something. I talked to an ex coworker that’s a respiratory therapist as well and last week they said they gave the plasma from a recovered covid patient to 3 patients that were at deaths door and a week later all of them are off the vent and doing well. They said they are doing this in conjunction with Mayo.
LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:18 PM   #24152
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
That's as good of an explanation as I've come up with. We're about to be guinea pigs for Missouri's "box in" strategy. Hope it works!
It's confirmed. They're about to test 3000 people that work at this processing plant in St. Joe. This should be interesting.

The fact they are going to roll out 3000 tests in a couple days is pretty impressive though. They expect to have all the results by Monday.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 06:19 PM   #24153
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Sorry for my lack of info, that was just from the site Daface had posted, showing "when it's save to ease social distancing".

I haven't seen anything on officially easing restrictions, besides elective surgeries coming back on May 1st.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/3007723001/
Peak for AZ listed at May 22 now. Mostly due to absolutely shit testing in this state.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:35 PM   #24154
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Peak for AZ listed at May 22 now. Mostly due to absolutely shit testing in this state.
That makes 0 sense to me. So because testing was slow or something that manufactures a peak at a later time? This whole "peak" thing to me is kinda crap. Just because people weren't getting tested does that mean they weren't sick with this and can't be sick with this until you test for it?

I just can't seem to get this I guess. It starts in WA then we hear NY and then as if it were some kind of wave going back across the country everyones "peak" was 2 weeks from some day after NY.

Now, if Ks was on lock down the entire time NY was why is it the peak in KS has to be later? And if that's the case why didn't KS lock down 2 weeks later?

I think it gets pretty simple at this point. It's a 2 part question...

Are your hospitals being overrun?
How many people in your city, county, state are dying from this?

This whole thing of modeling bell curves based off of testing seems to be stupid which is probably why the models all break within 24 hours of being updated.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:17 PM   #24155
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryaldini View Post
Good news for those with asthma. So far no evidence of co-morbidity.
Asthma Is Absent Among Top Covid-19 Risk Factors, Early Data Shows https://nyti.ms/2wNMs5g
My two year old is too young to be diagnosed with asthma, but I’ve spent a night at the hospital doing breathing treatments because she couldn’t breathe, on top of wheezing and has a long lasting cough after every cold.

This makes me cautiously optimistic/borderline happy
JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.JakeLV would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 03:31 AM   #24156
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
That makes 0 sense to me. So because testing was slow or something that manufactures a peak at a later time? This whole "peak" thing to me is kinda crap. Just because people weren't getting tested does that mean they weren't sick with this and can't be sick with this until you test for it?

I just can't seem to get this I guess. It starts in WA then we hear NY and then as if it were some kind of wave going back across the country everyones "peak" was 2 weeks from some day after NY.

Now, if Ks was on lock down the entire time NY was why is it the peak in KS has to be later? And if that's the case why didn't KS lock down 2 weeks later?

I think it gets pretty simple at this point. It's a 2 part question...

Are your hospitals being overrun?
How many people in your city, county, state are dying from this?

This whole thing of modeling bell curves based off of testing seems to be stupid which is probably why the models all break within 24 hours of being updated.
And lest we forget, the testing has been shit for accuracy everywhere on the globe
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 04:34 AM   #24157
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Where'd BRC go? I haven't heard any ventilator talk in days.
Sounds like vents are now out.

Ventsbebad,org
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:06 AM   #24158
Supporter

petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:17 AM   #24159
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Lol.

You are in such denial if you believe that. **** out of here with that bs. You've been consistent with downplaying the threat this CoronaVirus has to people's lives.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:19 AM   #24160
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Lol.

You are in such denial if you believe that. **** out of here with that. You've been consistent with downplaying the threat this CoronaVirus has to people's lives.
Get lost you ****ing jack off
Old 04-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #24161
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Lol.

You are in such denial if you believe that. **** out of here with that. You've been consistent with downplaying the threat this CoronaVirus has to people's lives.
Holy shit, have you read any of your posts? You're worse than CNN.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:36 AM   #24162
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
Holy shit, have you read any of your posts? You're worse than CNN.
I'm pretty sure I read my posts considering that I edit them almost every single time.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, so it's all good.

All I do is post articles that I think will interest people here. I've also consistently said the economy will come back eventually and more recently that it is time to open the country back up --- slowly.

If that makes me worse than CNN then so be it.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:47 AM   #24163
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Sorry for my lack of info, that was just from the site Daface had posted, showing "when it's save to ease social distancing".

I haven't seen anything on officially easing restrictions, besides elective surgeries coming back on May 1st.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...es/3007723001/
No apologies necessary. I was just freaking out for a second thinking about being stuck in MO much longer.
OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.OnTheWarpath15 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 08:55 AM   #24164
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Get lost you ****ing jack off
Are you claiming that you haven't downplayed this?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 09:00 AM   #24165
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
No apologies necessary. I was just freaking out for a second thinking about being stuck in MO much longer.
Where you headed?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.