Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Pay or trade Chris Jones?
Give Chris Jones an extension worth similar amount as Donald 93 54.07%
Trade Chris Jones for market value (which I assume is similar to Tyreek) 32 18.60%
Keep him his last year and tag him next year 47 27.33%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2023, 09:56 PM  
SuperBowl or bust

Would you give Jones 3/100m or trade him?

We might as well start the conversation.

Aaron Donald got a 3 year extension worth 95m and Jones won’t/shouldn’t accept a penny less.

We can probably get the equivalent of 2 firsts if we trade him.

Poll will be up in a minute…
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:55 AM   #226
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I'm glad OP at least added the option of letting Jones play out the last year of his deal. Listening to Chiefs pundits, it's like they don't even realize that's an option.

It seems straightforward to me. You try to work out an extension. If it can't be worked out, you put something out there like "We're happy to let Chris Jones play out his contract and then figure it out. Of course we'll listen to any trade inquiries, but it will take a whale of an offer."

I don't see this the same as Hill. Jones is older. DTs age very fast in the NFL. Aaron Donald might be in decline right now. I predict that even if we lose Jones at the end of next year, we've still gotten almost all of his best years.
It’s not even remotely close to the Hill situation and not because of age. While I am not against KC losing Jones, his production has to be replaced. We can’t struggle getting pressure on the QB and then get rid of the most productive member of that line who probably has as many sacks as the rest of the line combined.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 12:01 PM   #227
Veteran

If we resign Jones, what does that mean for Sneed and Gay ?
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:16 PM   #228
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
It’s not even remotely close to the Hill situation and not because of age. While I am not against KC losing Jones, his production has to be replaced. We can’t struggle getting pressure on the QB and then get rid of the most productive member of that line who probably has as many sacks as the rest of the line combined.
Jones' value is absolutely peaking right now. He's probably going to finish 2nd in DPOY voting. If he could hit the open market right now, some team might offer him something insane like 4-6 years at $30M/per with $100M+ guaranteed. (Maybe my numbers are off, but just assume he wants a 4-year effective deal at Aaron Donald money.)

If Jones refuses to settle for anything less, what do you do as Veach?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #229
Supporter

I love the guy, but dynasties move their big money guys for picks and adjust their strengths as they draft.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #230
In Search of a Life

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:17 PM   #231
In Search of a Life

If he does that, you tell him we have your rights for 3 years or you can sign this extension that works great for both of us.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:18 PM   #232
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I love the guy, but dynasties move their big money guys for picks and adjust their strengths as they draft.
Man.....I know everyone wants to do this because of New England......

I'm so tired of New England and that shitty comparison. Yeah, they did it.

They absolutely lucked out into doing what they did. It just isn't gonna happen like that again anywhere, ever.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:22 PM   #233
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
The very fact that DTs age fast in the NFL is why Jones is going to want an extension after this year. And of course we can let him play out his deal but it doesn't mean he doesn't sit out during training camp or even hold out for part of the season. By that logic we have him for another 3 years if we want because we can franchise tag him twice.
Yeah if Jones makes a huge stink about not getting an extension then that could be a pain. But he might be ok with playing for $28M then hitting the market.

I don't think franchising even once with Jones is realistic. The Chiefs don't want to be known as a team that does that to its veterans. They could have let Hill play out the last year of his deal then franchised him once or twice and got most of his good years.

But yeah, maybe in Jones' mind playing this year w/o an extension is just as much of an affront as being tagged. I dunno.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:25 PM   #234
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Man.....I know everyone wants to do this because of New England......

I'm so tired of New England and that shitty comparison. Yeah, they did it.

They absolutely lucked out into doing what they did. It just isn't gonna happen like that again anywhere, ever.
Screw New England.

I'm talking about other franchises that were set up but kept their expensive guys and got talent thin in the middle of the roster.

One injury to a vet and you are screwed.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:25 PM   #235
In Search of a Life

Quote:
If he does that, you tell him we have your rights for 3 years or you can sign this extension that works great for both of us.
The last 2 multiple franchise tags I can remember are Cousins and Bell. Both of those were huge distractions with a lot of rancor. The Chiefs don't want that. Even the Steelers are now all "We don't hold hostages". Seems like the Bell situation made them change their mindset.

Maybe franchising Jones once is an option. But when was the last time they even did that to a veteran after his 2nd contract like Jones? Seems like they reserve it for guys like Dee Ford and OBJ at the end of their first contract.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:30 PM   #236
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Screw New England.

I'm talking about other franchises that were set up but kept their expensive guys and got talent thin in the middle of the roster.

One injury to a vet and you are screwed.
Whats easier to find though, the talent guys or the middle of the roster?

Jones is a DPOY candidate. Trade him, replacing that production with 2/3 guys is gonna take alot of things going right.

If we're gonna do this with JOnes, you have to probably start thinking about moving Kelce at some point.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:33 PM   #237
Starter

I would rather have 4 greek freaks at less $$$
liquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutliquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutliquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutliquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutliquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutliquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutliquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutliquidlounge is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-13-2023, 12:33 PM   #238
Supporter

Quote:

Jones is a DPOY candidate. Trade him, replacing that production with 2/3 guys is gonna take alot of things going right.

If we're gonna do this with JOnes, you have to probably start thinking about moving Kelce at some point.
Kelce is a HOFer. My emotion will cloud my opinion of him. I love the player and the man. Our default favorite player is Mahomes, but Kelce gives him a run for my favorite player.

If someone were to offer 1st rounders for the guy you have to think about it.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:36 PM   #239
Hockey Town

Quote:

Kelce is never going to ask for the kind of money Jones is going to.

The issue to me with Jones is this is most likely his peak year, he's getting ready to be 30 where you'll likely being paying for what he use to be instead of what he's going to do.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-13-2023, 12:42 PM   #240
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
Jones' value is absolutely peaking right now. He's probably going to finish 2nd in DPOY voting. If he could hit the open market right now, some team might offer him something insane like 4-6 years at $30M/per with $100M+ guaranteed. (Maybe my numbers are off, but just assume he wants a 4-year effective deal at Aaron Donald money.)

If Jones refuses to settle for anything less, what do you do as Veach?
Honestly if Jones demands are exorbitant then Veach might have to let him play out this year while hoping he doesn’t have another DPOY caliber year and possibly sign him for less. If not then see if there are any takers for a trade. I just think if KC plans to lose him they have something ready to replace his production. Perhaps Veach does already. It will just be hard to get what we hope we can for him considering his age and salary expectations.

I just say that comparing his situation to Hill’s isn’t remotely the same as KC can afford to let Hill walk because we have Mahomes. We have nothing or no one even remotely close on the defensive side of the ball.
tredadda has disabled reputation