Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-16-2020, 07:34 AM  
Chiefs

This might not end well with Chris Jones

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #226
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Extension seems most likely to me.

Correct my logic if I’m wrong here:

We have to pay Sammy $7 million regardless. So, if we release him and pick up another receiver for $5 million, we’re still out $12 million. That receiver likely won’t be as good as Sammy nor will he know the system.

That being said, it would be smarter to have Sammy for $12 million instead of a lesser receiver for $5 million. The cap hit will be the same.
Sammy's been paid the 7 already. It is a cap hit.

The question is do you need him off the books in 2021 or can you afford him at over 10 million (maybe 12 or so) for 2021 and 2022.

I am guessing there is some bluffing involved on both sides. If extended even for 1-2 seasons, it is probably his last big contract. If cut he does not get anywhere close to 14. Might get an average of 10-11 a year. Chiefs probably trying to get him to take a cut to 11 million next year so he is off books by 2021.

But the bottom line is if you believe in Mecole as a #2 wr. Finding another rookie and a cheap Robinson type 3rd wr is pretty appealing given our number problems.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-19-2020, 03:04 PM   #227
In Search of a Life

Sammy market value is 10.9 mil so it’s up to him. Accept 11 mil from us or try and find a better deal on the open market
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MAHOMO 4 LIFE! Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:52 PM   #228
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! View Post
Yes without a doubt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Sorry for the confusion.

I meant that the guaranteed $50 million is on top of his tag money ($16 million plus, working out to well over $60 million guaranteed - so I guess that works out to just a few million more guaranteed than Clark's deal).

Regardless. Offer Jones more guaranteed money. If that is near $70 million on a 5 year term, then so be it.
Uh hell no. You don't guarantee him $14M a year. That would leave him with a $5M a year base salary.
He needs to have a contract that has more money that is voidable than guaranteed. I don't give a shit about the "total" number as long as it is back loaded. Give him $110 if we can cut him with a year or 2 left and get out of a chunk of that. Yes I know that they probably would not sign a deal like that but then they just need to make it VERY incentive laden.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:36 PM   #229
SuperBowl or bust

I’d give him 12.5-14m AAV if he wants to sign a 5 year deal that’s backloaded.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.