Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2023, 12:02 AM  
The Insider

***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 01-24-2023 at 12:29 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-11-2023, 10:06 PM   #2371
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
JJ Piccolo was with Moore in Atlanta and came here with him..he was trained how to be a GM by Dayton Moore for nearly 2 decades with his job changes and promotions.

He's not going to be 100% Dayton Moore but that influence will always be there so it's not going to be anything close to drastic change. It's likely a big reason hardly anyone was let go and by and large it's the same organization.
I was fine giving JJ a shot and still am, but it won't surprise me if he is basically the same exact dude that Dayton was.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:23 PM   #2372
MVP

With all the excitement in that Orioles series, I'm not sure we got to talk about the Royals helping to set either record today.

Last edited by WhawhaWhat; 06-12-2023 at 10:08 AM..
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-11-2023, 11:59 PM   #2373
Gonna go back in time....

At this point, it is what it is. Salvy deserves better. Probably best to trade him after the season and give us the rest of this season to enjoy him. If the offer is compelling enough - he can go to a real contender who needs another C, who is open to playing him there in the playoffs and dh the other days, I'm cool with that. I'm lucky got to watch 3 Royal world series and we won 2 of them but this team needs to die.
bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.bringbackmarty would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 09:21 AM   #2374
Damnit Peg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2QsYEJK9qw
Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-12-2023, 09:39 AM   #2375
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Man - it is HARD to hit a breaking ball that far.

Usually hitting a bomb like that requires the velocity from the incoming pitch to get turned around to carry like that. But on a hanging breaker at 86, Henderson had to provide essentially all the energy.

That ball was vaporized. Damn.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:20 AM   #2376
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
JJ Piccolo was with Moore in Atlanta and came here with him..he was trained how to be a GM by Dayton Moore for nearly 2 decades with his job changes and promotions.

He's not going to be 100% Dayton Moore but that influence will always be there so it's not going to be anything close to drastic change. It's likely a big reason hardly anyone was let go and by and large it's the same organization.
He should be fired along with the cosch after the season. Start all the way over
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:22 AM   #2377
Damnit Peg

Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Al Bundy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:35 AM   #2378
Damnit Peg

Old 06-12-2023, 10:35 AM   #2379
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
He should be fired along with the cosch after the season. Start all the way over
I mean they shouldn't be "this" bad they do a ton of boneheaded things that don't make any sense but no matter what changes today they're gonna be pretty bad.

I think it's a bigger indictment of all of the fails they are experiencing with guys recently drafted.

Do they need a housecleaning? Yes
Do they need to start over? Yes
Should that involve maybe trading some guys people don't think are tradeable? yes

I don't personally think ownership has the stomach to literally tear it all down personally.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:43 AM   #2380
Veteran

If you trade Salvy, you will lose most of the fans that haven't already checked out. It might be the best thing for the team in the long run. The problem that I have is I believe the 2014/2015 success was more a blind hog finding an acorn than someone actually making a good decision.

I will listen and watch them however my expectations are very very low. It's more fun to make jokes about them that to expect anything other than failure.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:45 AM   #2381
The man you could post like.

Trading Salvy on his wishes or for a decent return is quite a bit different than a salary dump. If it's the latter I'm pretty sure the good will towards the team would become non-existent.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 10:57 AM   #2382
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Trading Salvy on his wishes or for a decent return is quite a bit different than a salary dump. If it's the latter I'm pretty sure the good will towards the team would become non-existent.
You have to also believe they can make a good trade and put young players in a system that can actually develop them..

You also have to seriously question if a team that is getting ready to want to place a stadium vote on a ballot is going to get that ok from ownership.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:02 AM   #2383
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
I think most fans are fairly ignorant and won’t know the difference, they’ll be pissed either way even if it’s to bring in young talent and isn’t a salary dump.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:05 AM   #2384
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I think most fans are fairly ignorant and won’t know the difference, they’ll be pissed either way even if it’s to bring in young talent and isn’t a salary dump.
Have you seen the stadium? Most people already don't give a **** as it is. When teams lose no one cares.
Old 06-12-2023, 11:25 AM   #2385
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzkirk View Post
If you trade Salvy, you will lose most of the fans that haven't already checked out. It might be the best thing for the team in the long run. The problem that I have is I believe the 2014/2015 success was more a blind hog finding an acorn than someone actually making a good decision.

I will listen and watch them however my expectations are very very low. It's more fun to make jokes about them that to expect anything other than failure.
People obviously aren't flocking to the ballpark to watch Salvy. I think the moajority of the fans, those that are staying away out of disgust, are willing to tarde a 32 yr old catcher if it helps make the team not-historically-futile.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.