Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #23821
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
The LV mayor's last name is Goodman. I assume she's related to Oscar Goodman, who was mayor there for years and had all kinds of dirty connections and mob ties.
There's probably not a politician at any level worth a shit in Nevada that isn't crooked in some way, shape or form between mob ties, unions, etc.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:50 PM   #23822
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
The LV mayor's last name is Goodman. I assume she's related to Oscar Goodman, who was mayor there for years and had all kinds of dirty connections and mob ties.
They're married.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:52 PM   #23823
Banned

Highest total of numbers for KC since 10 days ago. Yikes.
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:58 PM   #23824
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
There's probably not a politician at any level worth a shit in Nevada that isn't crooked in some way, shape or form between mob ties, unions, etc.
After watching her I figured she had been 'selected' to get elected.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:58 PM   #23825
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Looks like the Sweedish idea for Eugenics is failing.
Why do you say that? While they've had higher spread rates than their neighbors, it doesn't look like it's spiraling out of control or anything.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:58 PM   #23826
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Looks like the Sweedish idea for Eugenics is failing.
I mean, not really.

At some point, alot of people are gonna get sick. No matter what.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:00 PM   #23827
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Highest total of numbers for KC since 10 days ago. Yikes.
Link?
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #23828
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Why do you say that? While they've had higher spread rates than their neighbors, it doesn't look like it's spiraling out of control or anything.
Did i read something today that they think they're already at or above 30 percent immunity in the population?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:05 PM   #23829
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Link?
https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...242204361.html
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 04:05 PM   #23830
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Did i read something today that they think they're already at or above 30 percent immunity in the population?
I don't think it's definitive, but I've seen references to the thinking that they may be in that range. They're still doing some social distancing (just not to the extremes everyone else is), so it's not completely surprising that they're leveling off, but I bet many would have guessed their situation would be much worse than they are at the moment.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:07 PM   #23831
Banned

Quote:
16k infections and about 2k deaths is a pretty staggering number IMO
Old 04-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #23832
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't think it's definitive, but I've seen references to the thinking that they may be in that range. They're still doing some social distancing (just not to the extremes everyone else is), so it's not completely surprising that they're leveling off, but I bet many would have guessed their situation would be much worse than they are at the moment.
I was waiting for it to blow up....just doesn't seem to be happening there.

I guess we'll get to see what happens with these states that are opening up in the coming weeks.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:12 PM   #23833
TACO SALAD

Not sure Ive seen it posted. Blocking covid from infecting cells.

https://www.kentucky.com/news/corona...242203141.html
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:13 PM   #23834
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I mean, not really.

At some point, alot of people are gonna get sick. No matter what.
Yes really. The argument that we just let people die is a non starter. Weve seen countries limit the number of deaths by implementing strict measures and those countries have been able to begin phase 1 of re opening.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:14 PM   #23835
Kind of a mod

Quote:
16k infections and about 2k deaths is a pretty staggering number IMO
In isolation, I guess. In context, though, they're right in line with Germany for per-capita cases, which is viewed as being one of the countries that's handled it pretty well from the beginning. Their per-capita deaths are on the high side, but the entire point was to rip the band-aid off (so to speak), and they're still nowhere near places like France and Italy. (And they say that their deaths are really high because they failed to put adequate protections in place for nursing homes - a valid criticism of their approach.)

I'm not arguing that their numbers look fantastic or anything, but I can't see a ton of evidence that they're definitely going to regret their decision yet, especially if they do indeed start reaching a level of immunity faster than everyone else (which is also TBD, so no victory celebrations for them yet).