Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2009, 11:54 AM  
When a nightmare becomes real

***The Official EMAW Repository thread***

I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.Saulbadguy threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:45 AM   #2326
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC View Post

Of course they dont William... OF course they dont..

Yet there are plenty of people on there that do the same thing...

But hey, its your gig...

Anyway, That is a pretty sweet deal for Franks at KSU... Very good for the Conference, I was telling Chitown that I was totally wrong about Franks and his ability to keep the KSU program going...
I'm sure you could almost find one if you looked all day. And of course you were wrong about Frank. You being wrong is the one thing that usually right about you.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 03-07-2010, 11:46 AM   #2327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy View Post
To be fair, ISU isn't the worst team in the conference. We ALMOST lost to the worst team in the conference a few weeks back, at home.

Seems odd but this team is clearly better on the road than at home.
Maybe the power of the Octagon of Doom was focused on the wrong team.
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #2328
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish View Post
I'm sure you could almost find one if you looked all day. And of course you were wrong about Frank. You being wrong is the one thing that usually right about you.
Didnt have to look all day, William... But hey, you dont have to be a Dick all the time...

**** dude, was trying to be nice and talk about Franks and KSU's basketball...

But I see its not going to happen... Have a good Sunday....
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #2329
Custom User Title

Quote:
The fans of this team get upset when they don't win against the worst team in the conference.

Of course, they lay blame on coaches and players instead of "A+++, Out-Of-Their-Mind-3-pt-shooting-from-35ft-in-traffic--falling-away-with-hands-in-face" like some other group we are all familiar with.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #2330
Custom User Title

Not that the contract means anything, but it's good to see it get done.
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #2331
Veteran

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not happy that we lost to ISU last night (hell, I was a media member & had to remain as impartial as possible about it, I couldn't even swear about it until after the game), but I'm very glad that we've got Frank locked up. I know it's an embarrassing loss and I know we've had more than a couple this year, but Frank's in his third frickin year as a head coach. And this team is just now learning how to handle success.

Here's to having Frank for the rest of his career!
58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.58kcfan89 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:53 AM   #2332

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
Not that the contract means anything, but it's good to see it get done.
What kind of buy out is in it?
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:54 AM   #2333

Quote:
Old 03-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #2334
Custom User Title

Quote:
What kind of buy out is in it?
Not sure, but it doesn't really matter. If the administration wants to fire him down the road they will. If he wants to leave down the road, he will.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #2335
Custom User Title

Burks Frosh/year
Frank Coach/year
JamSam 6th man/year
Cole D player/year
Udoh newcomer/year
Anderson player/year
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #2336

Quote:
Didnt have to look all day, William... But hey, you dont have to be a Dick all the time...

**** dude, was trying to be nice and talk about Franks and KSU's basketball...

But I see its not going to happen... Have a good Sunday....
I don't give one good damn what you were "trying to be nice about". You're the Oklahoma version of ROY.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #2337

Quote:
Not sure, but it doesn't really matter. If the administration wants to fire him down the road they will. If he wants to leave down the road, he will.
It sort of does matter. It wont stop anything if a Duke or Kentucky really wanted him and Frank was inclined to leave, but other than that it would make it more difficult for any other non-elite type of school. Heck, even Kansas has a $1 million buyout on Self. $1 million seems to be the going rate for "huge buyout" right now. (We had no buyout for ol Roy at all. We fixed that stupid oversight on the next contract)

Ideally for Frank, he'd want no buyout and a big payout by the school if fired. Ideally for KSU, they would want a huge buyout and no payout by the school if fired. I'd expect both, maybe at least a $500,000 buyout and a payout of remaining base salary if fired.

edit: correction, Self signed a new 10-year contract in 2008 with no buyout. I guess after you win a title, you get the right to say "no buyout, please".

Last edited by alnorth; 03-07-2010 at 12:06 PM..
alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.alnorth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #2338
Custom User Title

All-Rookie

Udoh
Burks
Henry
Mason-Griffin
Bradley
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #2339

Quote:
I don't give one good damn what you were "trying to be nice about". You're the Oklahoma version of ROY.

And you just lost to IOWA ****ing STATE at home on Sr Day...

Be bitter old man, be ****ing bitter..... You didnt get their A+++++++++ game or some junk 3, you just got ****ing ran on your home court by ISU and McDermont with Brackens on the bench in OT... You ****ing biffed a game ending layup by the bearded one....

All on SR Night.... Die in a ****ing camp fire, tripping over a flaming bucket of aids you bitter old man....
Old 03-07-2010, 12:08 PM   #2340

Quote:
Originally Posted by alnorth View Post
It sort of does matter. It wont stop anything if a Duke or Kentucky really wanted him and Frank was inclined to leave, but other than that it would make it more difficult for any other non-elite type of school. Heck, even Kansas has a $1 million buyout on Self. $1 million seems to be the going rate for "huge buyout" right now. (We had no buyout for ol Roy at all. We fixed that stupid oversight on the next contract)

Ideally for Frank, he'd want no buyout and a big payout by the school if fired. Ideally for KSU, they would want a huge buyout and no payout by the school if fired. I'd expect both, maybe at least a $500,000 buyout and a payout of remaining base salary if fired.
I kind of disagree alnorth. East and southeast universities like Miami would and could pay a mil. Miami is not basketball elite. But the athletic department is very money elite.

But it's not the buyout that matters. If a guy can be successful in KSU's situation and can receive compensation that will make him wealthy beyond his dreams from somewhere else, that coach leaves.

Coaches realize that staying in one place for 10 years isn't going to happen. They have a shelf life and when success gives you opportunity to cash in, you take it.

How do you think Sadler got nearly a mil from UNL? One good year and he was gone from UTEP.