Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2023, 12:02 AM  
The Insider

***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 01-24-2023 at 12:29 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2023, 11:59 AM   #2311
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I love the Royals, but if losing them somehow meant KC could attract an NBA or NHL team then I wouldn’t lose any sleep. 2014/15 was incredible, but being last in the division nearly every other year puts a damper on my excitement for the team. At least NBA/NHL have a somewhat fair chance to compete in a small market.
If they are about to start salary dumping and taking back marginal prospects to do it...

At least the Reds got premium value and it is paying off now...but what am I talking about? The Royals aren't good at player development at this time.

We've had 4 straight top 10 picks and what we have to show for that is...Bobby Witt Jr struggling pretty hard..Asa Lacy looking like a total bum, Frank Mozzicato breaking his face on his teammate and Gavin Cross shitting his pants.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2023, 12:24 PM   #2312
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselff77 View Post
I've just learned to accept the Chiefs and Royals will never be good at the same time.
I'll take the Chiefs being good over the Royals being good 100 times out of 100.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 01:31 PM   #2313
MVP

I'm just waiting for Chapman and Barlow to blow out there arms before they are traded. That's the shit ****ing luck this franchise has had for almost my whole life.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:35 PM   #2314
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Also Nick Loftin had surgery on his knee so he's done till the All Star Break..this team is cursed man.
Well, that really ****ing sucks.

He had a .992 OPS in May and has continued to be a viable defender at 2B and 3B.

He's got a lot more juice/pop than I expected when they drafted him.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:39 PM   #2315
MVP

Quote:
It's just pathetic Gavin Cross so far is terrible and Asa Lacy is Kyle Zimmer part 2.
Asa Lacy is no where even remotely close to Kyle Zimmer. Kyle Zimmer was a legit ****ing stud until he got hurt. Asa Lacy has been absolute and total trash. He's not had even 1 decent season. He's just ****ing awful and is more worthless than Bubba Starling. He probably won't even make the majors ever.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:40 PM   #2316
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
If they are about to start salary dumping and taking back marginal prospects to do it...

At least the Reds got premium value and it is paying off now...but what am I talking about? The Royals aren't good at player development at this time.

We've had 4 straight top 10 picks and what we have to show for that is...Bobby Witt Jr struggling pretty hard..Asa Lacy looking like a total bum, Frank Mozzicato breaking his face on his teammate and Gavin Cross shitting his pants.
The Reds also traded higher value assets than anything the Royals currently have to trade.

Tyler Mahle (Encarnacion-Strand)
Castillo (Noelvi Marte)
Sonny Gray (Chase Petty)

If you're moving Perez and send some salary cover along with him, you mgith be able to rival the Mahle or Gray returns.

The bright side in all of this is that, not all that long ago, the Reds were pretty hopeless. Now look at them!

Good decisions can multiple and lead to results in due time. Just have to consistently make them.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:42 PM   #2317
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Well, that really ****ing sucks.

He had a .992 OPS in May and has continued to be a viable defender at 2B and 3B.

He's got a lot more juice/pop than I expected when they drafted him.
This ****ing franchise is just cursed. It is nuts.
Old 06-09-2023, 01:43 PM   #2318
The Insider

ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-09-2023, 02:48 PM   #2319
The Insider

The spot that makes the most sense for the Royals to trade Chapman and Barlow would be Texas. I think you start with Brock Porter and add on from there.
Old 06-09-2023, 03:37 PM   #2320
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
The spot that makes the most sense for the Royals to trade Chapman and Barlow would be Texas. I think you start with Brock Porter and add on from there.
I'm not sure the Rangers would be quite that aggressive, but maybe. That extra year of Barlow could be pretty valuable to a contender.

Honestly, landing a single top 100 prospect for both would be pretty tasty.
Old 06-09-2023, 05:15 PM   #2321
Starter

Yeah,the Rangers gave all that money to deGrom,who not surprisingly is hurt again,but they still have a good team.

I didnt understand why Chapman even signed with the Royals,i thought the Marlins were one team interested and he lives there anyway.I can't imagine the Royals would've offered him more money.
PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.PurpleJesus28 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-09-2023, 07:50 PM   #2322
MVP

Vinnie went down tonight with an injury to the same shoulder that put him on the IL last year. Hopefully this isn't a chronic thing.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 06-09-2023, 07:52 PM   #2323
Veteran

Is this the lowest point in this franchise's history? At least when we were horrible before we usually had some hope in the farm system. Now there is no help coming and this team is all time awful.
MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.MAG would the whole thing.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:10 PM   #2324
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
Is this the lowest point in this franchise's history? At least when we were horrible before we usually had some hope in the farm system. Now there is no help coming and this team is all time awful.
I hope this is rock bottom. No where to go but up at that point. I can't think of a time that was close to as bad as right now. It honestly all feels hopeless. None of our young bats are looking good, even Vinnie has looked like absolute garbage over the last 20+ days and is now under an .800 OPS. Our pitching is even worse and everyone looks terrible. Our minors aren't good. It all sucks. Dayton really ****ed this franchise with his terrible horrible decisions.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:19 PM   #2325
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAG View Post
We are going to suck for at least a decade. Embrace the suck.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.