Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: How far can you throw a football?
15 yards I'm a girl 6 5.61%
20 yards 2 1.87%
25 yards 1 0.93%
30 yards 19 17.76%
35 yards 12 11.21%
40 yards 25 23.36%
45 yards 5 4.67%
50 yards 14 13.08%
55+ 23 21.50%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2009, 03:35 PM  
I'll be back.

How far can you throw a football?

The other thread got me thinking about this. A few months ago I went out to the local HS football field to see how far I could throw a football. I have well-muscled shoulders but I couldn't get it over 30 yards.

Are NFL quarterbacks just born with the ability to throw a ball 50-60 yards (this is about as far as I remember anyone on the NFL quarterback challenge throwing a football), or do I just have shitty mechanics or something?

How far can you throw a football?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:16 PM   #211
Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieray View Post
I challenge you to a throw off, good sir.
I would gladly take that challenge, my friend.

And I'm pretty sure I can throw 50.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #212
I'll be back.

You guys need to video tape this shit.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #213
Banned

arm strength has nothing to do with actually being strong...

I never lifted much in high school..didn't interest me...but I've always naturally had a good arm and can throw a baseball 80 MPH...

In high school when I pitched I could throw around 72 MPH consistently...but once I hit my "baseball prime" I started throwing 80 MPH and I cannot believe there are people out there that can throw a baseball 100 MPH because I feel like I'm throwing it a million miles per hour.
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #214
Banned

with a football? Shit...I threw the football around with my friend the other day...it's just a whole different beast. I have about the same arm as my roommate in baseball...but no doubt can he throw the football further than me...I bet he can throw 50 yards...I'd probably only make it 40 or 45...but I'm also 24 and in good condition...I won a $5 bet with some friends the other day at a softball field that I could throw a baseball from home plate over the right field fence (300 feet) and cleared it by 10 feet. I was impressed with myself.
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #215
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefs View Post
Dude have you ever watched the NFL quarterback challenge? There are freaking NFL quarterbacks who top out at 57 or 58 yards.
They top out at 60-65 yards.

The average NFL caliber QB can throw, on the average- 50-60 yards.

I used to play QB. When I was in my mid-late teens, I could throw a football 45 yards.

I wasn't a big kid either, but I had a couple of things help me build a throwing arm: golf, and being a pitcher/third-baseman in baseball most of my life. During that same time, my fastest pitch was clocked at 83 mph. Regularly, however, I was throwing 65-75 mph.

Today though- fat chance I get anywhere near 40 yards. I've got back problems, knee problems, and haven't worked out since the Bush administration. (You guess which Bush)

True story: I actually won a passing contest in the parking lot at Fuzzy's South late one night. Some guys were passing a football around in the parking lot while waiting for their friends to come out. I challenged them to a passing contest which they obliged. Next thing we knew, a few other guys wanted in. Everyone pitched in ten bucks, and I out-threw the second-place guy by ten yards. Won over a hundred dollars that night.

I phucking hate getting old though. If I try to throw it a mere 25 yards now, my back will go out like a teenager without a curfew.
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #216
Sarcasm

The furtherest an NFL QB can throw in this league is probably 75 yards. I know most of the best can throw 70 on good days.
KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.KCrockaholic threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:11 PM   #217
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I would gladly take that challenge, my friend.

And I'm pretty sure I can throw 50.
I was talking to the geezer..I already gave you props in this thread.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:22 PM   #218
Champs!

Quote:
I was talking to the geezer..I already gave you props in this thread.
Oh you did? I must had missed it. My apologies.
Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coach is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #219
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
Oh you did? I must had missed it. My apologies.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:26 PM   #220
Champs!

Quote:
Heh, still, I'd be glad to join in if I had the chance. It'd be fun if I could get a chance to stand at the 50 yard line at Arrowhead and try to chuck it to the end zone while there are fans watching it. It'd be an different experience than say, 10-20 people on hand.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:28 PM   #221
Most Valuable Poster

We should do a football toss competition at Joe's CP Bash this year.
teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.teedubya is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:10 PM   #222
America is great assholes~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicPal View Post
They top out at 60-65 yards.

The average NFL caliber QB can throw, on the average- 50-60 yards.
Russell of Oakland can throw 65 yards on his knees and did so in front of NFL scouts. I could throw the numbers you are talking about and I was no where near an NFL QB
RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:18 PM   #223
Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider View Post
Russell of Oakland can throw 65 yards on his knees and did so in front of NFL scouts. I could throw the numbers you are talking about and I was no where near an NFL QB
The average NFL QB can throw 60 yards.

In comparison, the average pro golfer can drive 265-275 yds. Tiger Woods likely averages 290 yds.
CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.CosmicPal would the whole thing.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #224
MVP

I can get it about 55-60 yards tonight if needed.
wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.wutamess has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.