Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2023, 09:14 AM  
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****

Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
  • Aug. 31 - South Dakoka - W
  • Sept 9 - Middle Tennessee - W
  • Sept 16 - kansas State - W
  • Sept 23 - Memphis
  • Sept 30 - @Vanderbilt
  • Oct 7 - LSU
  • Oct 14 - @Kentucky
  • Oct 21 - South Carolina
  • Nov 4 - @Georgia
  • Nov 11 - Tennessee
  • Nov 18 - Florida
  • Nov 24 - @Arkansas

Recruiting Class
Rivals

Last edited by duncan_idaho; 09-18-2023 at 07:45 AM..
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:46 AM   #2131
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Ok.
kthxbye Felicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
I don’t think he’ll leave but I can see them offering the moon to Dabo…
Dabo would not last long in Aggieland
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-13-2023, 09:52 AM   #2132
In Search of a Life

One thing to keep an eye out with the Boise St opening and Kirby Moore.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-13-2023, 11:30 AM   #2133
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
I don’t think he’ll leave but I can see them offering the moon to Dabo…
A&M wants to go aggressive with NIL. Dabo thinks its an affront to his lord and savior.

Can't see either side thinking that's a match.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:43 PM   #2134
Inmem 2.0

If I'm A&M Deboer is my guy that guys record is ridiculous he's won everywhere
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:26 AM   #2135
Facts are stubborn things.

Or Elcko.
warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.warpaint* is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:55 AM   #2136
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
How is Alabama better than Mizzou? It’s my opinion.
Jalen Milroe is playing at a Heisman-level right now along with a stellar defense.

Mizzou would lose to Alabama on a neutral field, but so would a lot of teams.

I’d say they are either the 3rd or 4th best team in the SEC, between them or Ole Miss and LSU.

Ole Miss has Pete Golding calling plays on defense.

LSU has someone who should win the Heisman and a dynamic offense but their defense is atrocious.

Assuming Mizzou wins out, they should be in play for a NY6 behind whoever loses in Atlanta (if the loser misses the CFP).
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2023, 10:11 AM   #2137
In Search of a Life

I think Mizzou is a comfortable #3 in the SEC, which it appears coaches and the AP would agree. I think they will be in the mix, at least (for a NY bowl).
Old 11-14-2023, 10:18 AM   #2138
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I think Mizzou is a comfortable #3 in the SEC, which it appears coaches and the AP would agree. I think they will be in the mix, at least.
And that I think that’s a very fair view to have.

Georgia and Alabama are in their own tier. And thinking Mizzou is the #2 team in the SEC is just wrong. Not to understate what Drink has done, but those 2 teams have more talent than Mizzou does as well superior coaching with Kirby and Saban.

Mizzou/Ole Miss/LSU are the next 3 but none of them could touch UGA/Bama.

From there, it’s just a preference ranking those 3 as LSU won at Mizzou but lost at Ole Miss.

LSU has a non-conference loss to an undefeated P5 team from Week 1 while Ole Miss has lost on the road at UGA and Bama and Mizzou at home to LSU and at Georgia.

I think the discussion comes down to Mizzou would get in before Ole Miss, who would get in before LSU. But it’s close.
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:21 AM   #2139
MVP

For whatever it's worth, The Athletic has Missouri in the Peach Bowl against SMU in their projections. Dec 30 in Atlanta.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:25 AM   #2140
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
For whatever it's worth, The Athletic has Missouri in the Peach Bowl against SMU in their projections. Dec 30 in Atlanta.
Which makes sense. I expect Mizzou to get a NY6 as long as they take care of business the next 2 weeks. They’ll either be the highest team in the SEC outside of the CFP for a NY6 or second highest.

LSU probably misses NY6 if the SEC doesn’t get two teams in the CFP or Ole Miss and Mizzou win out.
Old 11-14-2023, 10:36 AM   #2141
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Which makes sense. I expect Mizzou to get a NY6 as long as they take care of business the next 2 weeks. They’ll either be the highest team in the SEC outside of the CFP for a NY6 or second highest.

LSU probably misses NY6 if the SEC doesn’t get two teams in the CFP or Ole Miss and Mizzou win out.
They have Alabama in the Fiesta Bowl against Washington. Assuming Alabama beats Auburn and Georgie beats Alabama, that would put Alabama at 2 losses along with Missouri. I don't see any way that Missouri gets ranked above Alabama. Ole Miss will also probably have 2 losses and that might be tough to get around them as well.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-14-2023, 11:22 AM   #2142
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
And that I think that’s a very fair view to have.

Georgia and Alabama are in their own tier. And thinking Mizzou is the #2 team in the SEC is just wrong. Not to understate what Drink has done, but those 2 teams have more talent than Mizzou does as well superior coaching with Kirby and Saban.

Mizzou/Ole Miss/LSU are the next 3 but none of them could touch UGA/Bama.

From there, it’s just a preference ranking those 3 as LSU won at Mizzou but lost at Ole Miss.

LSU has a non-conference loss to an undefeated P5 team from Week 1 while Ole Miss has lost on the road at UGA and Bama and Mizzou at home to LSU and at Georgia.

I think the discussion comes down to Mizzou would get in before Ole Miss, who would get in before LSU. But it’s close.
I get what you're saying. It's also hard for Mizzou fans to accept that Georgia is "on another tier" when they are two weeks out from a hard-fought loss at UGA's place.
Old 11-14-2023, 11:39 AM   #2143
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I get what you're saying. It's also hard for Mizzou fans to accept that Georgia is "on another tier" when they are two weeks out from a hard-fought loss at UGA's place.
Arkansas lost by 3 at Bryant Denny earlier this season. That doesn’t mean they are remotely close to Alabama’s level.

On a neutral playing field, Mizzou would lose 18 times out of 20 to Alabama and Georgia. That’s not an indictment on Mizzou as much as it is a comment regarding the talent that Alabama and Georgia have.

Missouri’s NIL legislation combined with Drink’s ability to recruit and expanded CFP should help close the gap, but Alabama and Georgia are in a league of their own with resources made available to them as well as local talent available to recruit (LSU, Texas as well). There’s no reason why Mizzou can’t make Atlanta once or twice a decade but the goal to make the CFP and be a top 12 team consistently is more realistically obtainable than trying to catch programs that have amenities and resources (some of which is geographically based) that Mizzou will never have.

Last edited by Rams Fan; 11-14-2023 at 11:45 AM..
Old 11-14-2023, 12:48 PM   #2144
MVP

Quote:
Arkansas lost by 3 at Bryant Denny earlier this season. That doesn’t mean they are remotely close to Alabama’s level.

On a neutral playing field, Mizzou would lose 18 times out of 20 to Alabama and Georgia. That’s not an indictment on Mizzou as much as it is a comment regarding the talent that Alabama and Georgia have.

Missouri’s NIL legislation combined with Drink’s ability to recruit and expanded CFP should help close the gap, but Alabama and Georgia are in a league of their own with resources made available to them as well as local talent available to recruit (LSU, Texas as well). There’s no reason why Mizzou can’t make Atlanta once or twice a decade but the goal to make the CFP and be a top 12 team consistently is more realistically obtainable than trying to catch programs that have amenities and resources (some of which is geographically based) that Mizzou will never have.
No shit Arkansas isn't close to Alabama. Arkansas had 250 yds offense compared to Alabama's 415 yds. That game wasn't even close to what the score shows. Mizzou on the other hand had pretty much the same yardage as Georgia and the only reason they lost is 2 INTs. Missouri hasn't been manhandled by any team in the SEC and id put them on the same tier as Alabama. Georgia is probably on there own tier, but it's not as clear cut as you're acting.

Missouri just manhandled one of the best rushing D's in college football. They allowed 97 yards per game on the ground and we rushed for 255 yds. Completely dominated them at the LOS.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-14-2023, 12:59 PM   #2145
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
No shit Arkansas isn't close to Alabama. Arkansas had 250 yds offense compared to Alabama's 415 yds. That game wasn't even close to what the score shows. Mizzou on the other hand had pretty much the same yardage as Georgia and the only reason they lost is 2 INTs. Missouri hasn't been manhandled by any team in the SEC and id put them on the same tier as Alabama. Georgia is probably on there own tier, but it's not as clear cut as you're acting.

Missouri just manhandled one of the best rushing D's in college football. They allowed 97 yards per game on the ground and we rushed for 255 yds. Completely dominated them at the LOS.
No, Mizzou did not lose because of 2 INTs. There were more than those 2 plays in the game. Just because Mizzou hasn’t been manhandled by any team doesn’t mean they could beat Alabama or Georgia consistently. Dan Mullen talked about outgaining the opponent before being fired at Florida, too.

Alabama’s defense is playing like one of the best in the country and Milroe has improved every week since he was benched vs USF.

Mizzou is a good team this season and is arguably a top 10 team when the season ends. That doesn’t mean they have the talent to beat Alabama or Georgia. They probably have the personnel to matchup with anyone in the top 10 currently short of Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio St., and Texas.