Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2023, 03:18 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Discussion: Who should we consider for our first rd pick?

It’s that time fellas! Little over 3 weeks out and it’s in our house!

I’ll put 2 options here.

1. Who do we pick if we sign a vet WR (Hopkins?) before the draft.

2 who do we pick if we don’t sign anyone else before the draft.

Who ya got?

Last edited by RunKC; 04-21-2023 at 10:58 AM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 03:33 PM   #196
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Don't know. If that happens than Taylor is the LT. We still have a guy named Jones at DT though.
That's something that isn't being talked about but he's about to be 30 and if he wants some monster deal the Chiefs may be unwilling to give it because you are venturing into paying a player for what he use to be instead of what he is.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 03:47 PM   #197
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Like they've wasted 9 top 30 visits with DB's, or another half dozen with guys that won't even picked in the 2nd round, let alone the first. Or like they wasted visits last year when they didn't even interview one of their 1st round picks, a guy they ended up trading up to get.

You obviously don't understand what pre-draft visits actually mean.
No-one is saying they aren't taking a DB in the draft though are they? But you're crying your eyes out over the prospect of taking a LT first smh
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:07 PM   #198
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
That's something that isn't being talked about but he's about to be 30 and if he wants some monster deal the Chiefs may be unwilling to give it because you are venturing into paying a player for what he use to be instead of what he is.
When did every position turn into a RB where they drop off at 30 or older? KC could give him a 4-5 year deal and pay him well so he can finish out here. As always Veach would work some sort of out in it if he fails to live up to the contract in a couple of years or so. I still think he has enough gas left to be solid until he’s 34-35.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 04-06-2023, 05:53 PM   #199
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
While I tend to agree, didn't they pay Schwartz quite a bit? Plus they paid a fortune for Thuney (worth it). While you are probably right, the possibility that they paid him what they did might not guarantee that he plays LT.

The more I think about it the more I think he is Plan B in the off chance they can't snag a top LT in the draft. If they do, Taylor might play LT this year and the rookie at RT (similar to Fisher) and then switch next year. If they don't get a top LT, then Taylor becomes the team's LT.
Schwartz' annual contract value while he was here was a hair over $7M. He got two signing bonuses - one for $7M and one for $11.25M.

Yeah, Taylor is your starting LT.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 05:55 PM   #200
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger View Post
No-one is saying they aren't taking a DB in the draft though are they? But you're crying your eyes out over the prospect of taking a LT first smh

Crying my eyes out - only become I can't stop laughing at some of the ****ing stupidity on this thread.

And I suppose I could answer you, even though the answer is right there in my previous ****ing posts but as of yet, you haven't been able to actually comprehend what anybody has said.

So yeah, **** it.

Jawaan Taylor is the Chiefs starting left tackle. If you can't handle that, well, you're in for a long season.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 06:06 PM   #201
MVP

Quote:
EXACTLY!!..it's just common sense. Rookie receivers aren't a factor in Reid's offense but you can easily plug in Harisson, Jones or Wright and get instant contributions which is the smart thing to do. If a Jamar Chase falls to us then of course you take him over a tackle but none of the late 1st round WR's are that better than the second round guys imo.
It takes pretty big balls to let some of the dumb ass shit you've said come out of your mouth and then talk about ANYTHING being common sense.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 07:19 PM   #202
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:

Crying my eyes out - only become I can't stop laughing at some of the ****ing stupidity on this thread.

And I suppose I could answer you, even though the answer is right there in my previous ****ing posts but as of yet, you haven't been able to actually comprehend what anybody has said.

So yeah, **** it.

Jawaan Taylor is the Chiefs starting left tackle. If you can't handle that, well, you're in for a long season.
And this why you're crying your silly little eyes out. "But Taylor is our starting LT wah wah wah" when NO-ONE from the organisation has confirmed that notion and he hasn't played a single snap there for the team either. But hey you keep that heated head of yours under the sand as the Chiefs continue to do visits with LT's buddy
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:22 PM   #203
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
It takes pretty big balls to let some of the dumb ass shit you've said come out of your mouth and then talk about ANYTHING being common sense.
And who the feck is this dickhead? Stay anonymous sir as your posts only expose your complete stupidity.
Old 04-06-2023, 07:41 PM   #204
Three-Pat

Quote:
Schwartz' annual contract value while he was here was a hair over $7M. He got two signing bonuses - one for $7M and one for $11.25M.

Yeah, Taylor is your starting LT.
Not disagreeing with you. Just stating that there is a possibility KC does something different.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 04-06-2023, 08:53 PM   #205
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
EXACTLY!!..it's just common sense. Rookie receivers aren't a factor in Reid's offense
Well, we're likely about to draft two, and they are going to be counted on.

And it's not as if Toney and Moore are these highly experienced vets.

Chiefs are acting as if they're plenty comfortable seeing significant snaps from rookies and 2nd year players.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 09:02 PM   #206
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I don’t think the Chiefs would trade up for a RT, even as tempting as it would be for Darnell Wright. If Anton Harrison is there at 31 I think he’s entirely in the conversation for BPA.
Yeah i think a tackle is very much on the table here. Whether that tackle play right or left doesn't matter too much as you're paying the same regardless. If our rookie ends up being good enough to kick Taylor back to the right side, that's not necessarily a bad problem to have.

It'd be unexpected, sure. But for all we know Niang is shot and they view tackle as a big issue. Because if Niang IS shot, tackle IS a big issue.

I don't expect that though. I think there's enough talent there to find something that works, at the very least for this season. Reid is an OL magician and i think they'll take their chances with what they got and a later round pick.

But if they do decide to go tackle, i wouldn't be terribly surprised.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-06-2023, 09:08 PM   #207
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Well, we're likely about to draft two, and they are going to be counted on.

And it's not as if Toney and Moore are these highly experienced vets.

Chiefs are acting as if they're plenty comfortable seeing significant snaps from rookies and 2nd year players.
I agree they will and should draft some wideouts. But unless Johnston or Addison drop I hope they take a LT and then pursue the receivers after.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:33 AM   #208
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
And this why you're crying your silly little eyes out. "But Taylor is our starting LT wah wah wah" when NO-ONE from the organisation has confirmed that notion and he hasn't played a single snap there for the team either. But hey you keep that heated head of yours under the sand as the Chiefs continue to do visits with LT's buddy

I'm ****ing laughing at you. If you think that's "crying" well, it just proves how ****ing dumb you are.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:41 AM   #209
MVP

Taylor is your LT. He's being paid as such. The only way he ends up at RT is if the switch to LT isn't working out.

So your plan 'A' at LT is set, they're paying him as such, and Veach has been pretty thrifty since we had to start paying Patrick, so there's little chance that's not the plan.

Plan 'B' is that Taylor's a wash-out and just can't make the mirror movement work and so they move him back to RT and do whatever they can at LT. This would be bad. It'd probably mean Niang or Wanegho. They won't be drafting a guy intending to be the LT.

They may well draft a RT, though, and it's not a bad idea at all to 'finish' the offensive line. But they may feel that way already, and still be high on Niang. I think Niang showed he CAN do it, but obviously, the injuries are a concern.

But Wanegho didn't look lost, so maybe they feel like they can risk it with Niang and they'll be okay if Wanegho ends up having to play.

I'd keep an eye out, though, for like a Wanya Morris type in the middle rounds.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 07:19 AM   #210
Regular

BV has positioned himself to be flexible, it will be a DE they like or a value trade back. Emphasize the word value, no positional reaches here. A lot a veteran FA's out there to fill in the holes after the draft
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.