Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-03-2015, 10:05 AM  
Kindness in words...

Brain Tumor

So, that shit is fun.

Started having some really cool and powerful deja-vu at work on Tuesday, then a strong ominous feeling set in and then started seeing small, flashing rainbow colored lights under the brim of my hat. Figured that it was either a premonition about an earthquake (like animals get) as Salt Lake City sits on a fault line, either that or I was hitting a major fatigue wall as I had been working long hours and had been hitting the gym pretty hard while not getting as much sleep as required in addition to cutting carbs from the diet. Anyway, I got a little freaked out, went to the bakery, grabbed a croissant and detoured it and everything kinda went back to normal.

Later on, started getting the deja-vu again (and it was super good shit - like I was seeing the future and shit - and it even had a soundtrack going along with it), and that's about all I can remember. Apparently I turned to the guy next to me, said something about tripping my balls off massively and told him I was going to puke, then my eyes rolled back into my head and I passed out and hit the floor like a sack of potatoes.

Came to with the EMT dude holding a ice pack to the back of my mellon on a huge goose egg. They were going to call an ambulance to take me to the ER and I told them it was nothing and I was fine. Fortunately the HR guy was standing there and convinced me to go to the ER. When I got there they did a CT scan to check for concussion probabilities.

Dude came back into the room with the radiologist and said "Um, bad news. There is a mass in the right side of your brain and we want to do an MRI for more detail."

"Well, shit."

So they did that and sure enough, there is a golf ball sized mass sitting there with a bunch of fluid around it. Nuerosurgeon (chief resident who looks like he's 17, comes in and says that they want to schedule surgery on Friday morning. Okies.

So, I'm sitting here in the Neurology wing of the University of Utah hospital (which is highly regarded) worrying about these guys going to the Utah/Michigan game tonight and coming back into surgery tomorrow hungover as shit.

Bonus is, I've had two really hot nurses in a row the past two nights. Tried to convince both to give me a leisure massage and body shampoo, but they didn't go for it though I had a girl from work come by last night to visit who wanted to give me a hummer.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty fortunate that shit went down the way it did, because I most likely would have blown it off for ever until it became really bad. (Although, I am going to ask them if it's benign if they can just keep it in there because I was digging the deja-vu bordering on omnipotence.)

Also I hear that the chief neurosurgeon is totally old school and I think I saw him sharpening his hacksaw on a rusty pipe outside and telling the nurse that she should find his favorite spoon.
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #196
Kindness in words...

So, the cancer docs I met with yesterday gave me a real tasty shit burger to chew on:

Super fun rare type of tumor that, at worst, is a 1 to 4 year deal; at best about 10-ish with repeated chemo/radiation/removal.

Kinda weird going from what I was feeling/considering the best shape of my life to having 1 to 4 years left on the meter in about a week and a half.

Side note, grocery store crowds at 4:00 in the afternoon are really weird. That's a strange group of people.
Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saccopoo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #197
Kindness in words...

Also, brain holes look better with staples.

The big, long raw pink scar line isn't a turn on to hot chicks as much as I'd hoped it would be. Kind makes you look like a tard who had some brain removed.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:04 PM   #198
MVP

Man that sucks dude, prayers sent your way. Hope you beat it.
OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.OldSchool has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #199
GBM 8-12-15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccopoo View Post
So, the cancer docs I met with yesterday gave me a real tasty shit burger to chew on:

Super fun rare type of tumor that, at worst, is a 1 to 4 year deal; at best about 10-ish with repeated chemo/radiation/removal.

Kinda weird going from what I was feeling/considering the best shape of my life to having 1 to 4 years left on the meter in about a week and a half.

Side note, grocery store crowds at 4:00 in the afternoon are really weird. That's a strange group of people.
Glioblastoma?
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #200
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave View Post
Glioblastoma?
Gliosomeshitoma.

Actually, let's see...Glioneuronal. (If I read that ****ers Orcish writing correctly.)
Old 09-16-2015, 05:07 PM   #201
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

My wife's step mother was diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer and was given 12-18 months to live. She made it 28 years before it took her. No doctor anywhere can tell you with certainty what your expiration date is. Keep your chin up and keep chopping wood, and live life on YOUR terms, always.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:09 PM   #202
sorta mod-ish

Quote:

The big, long raw pink scar line isn't a turn on to hot chicks as much as I'd hoped it would be. Kind makes you look like a tard who had some brain removed.
Add that you got that injury saving a pack of newborn black labs that had somehow fallen down a storm drain.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:25 PM   #203
GBM 8-12-15

Quote:
Gliosomeshitoma.

Actually, let's see...Glioneuronal. (If I read that ****ers Orcish writing correctly.)
Interesting, I hadn't heard of that.

Did they happen to tell you what chemo you'll get?
BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigMeatballDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #204
Kindness in words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave View Post
Interesting, I hadn't heard of that.

Did they happen to tell you what chemo you'll get?
Some pill shit. After I heard the "1 to 4" comment, I kinda lost a lot of the remaining conversation.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:28 PM   #205
GBM 8-12-15

Quote:

You're not alone here.

I take advantage of it. I ride the battery operated carts at Walmart now.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:30 PM   #206
GBM 8-12-15

Quote:
Some pill shit. After I heard the "1 to 4" comment, I kinda lost a lot of the remaining conversation.
Temodar? Temozolomide? Sound familiar?

I had that last year.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #207
Supporter

Quote:
I hear ya, Dude. When the doctor told me and my wife that she had cervical cancer just weeks after giving birth, I don't remember a single word that was said for hours afterwards. From that point forward, I started recording the conversations with the docs.

Hang in there. Scientists are working every day to cure these mother****ing cancers.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #208
Unsparing

Quote:
You're too goddamned stubborn to die. There are 100's more shitty Utah drafts for you to compose and bludgeon our senses with.

God's not done with you yet. Chin up!
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:40 PM
eDave
This message has been deleted by eDave.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:45 PM   #209
GBM 8-12-15

Not once has any doctor since last August given me a number as far as life expectancy is concerned. I haven't asked, either.

I've found that best case with Glioblastoma, is 15 years. And that is rare. Age does play a huge factor. I'll be 45 next month, so that helps a lot. 60+ and the prognosis is not good.

If I get 10 more years, I can deal with that because I'll at least get to see my son graduate college.
Old 09-16-2015, 05:56 PM   #210
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:

I was told in 1993 that I had a couple of years left and there was nothing more the doctors could do. Turns out, he was wrong. Stay positive until the end.
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.