Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-01-2024, 04:36 AM   #2
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
It’s Sunday evening, I don’t want to go to work and I’m here to say you’ve earned it.
Thanks....knowing that I don't have to log in this AM and deal with emails and other work related tasks gives me a sense of peace.

Looking forward to tue breakfast meeting this morning.

All is looking good right now.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 06:15 AM   #3
On Hiatus

With all the great conversations in this thread it makes me wonder if a thread on retirement and the how to's, possible pitfalls, and just general advice could be helpful here.

Your thoughts?
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 09:15 AM   #4
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
With all the great conversations in this thread it makes me wonder if a thread on retirement and the how to's, possible pitfalls, and just general advice could be helpful here.

Your thoughts?
Great idea, not only for the people getting ready to retire (have decided to actually do it), but also for people 5, 10, 15, and 20 years out. The bottom line is that the numbers (cash, age, years to eligibility for pension and SS, and years to potentially live) are just that, numbers, the real retirement decisions happen early in a career because not having that cash flow to retire is the best way to not ever retire. That said, sadly IMO, many people don't retire because they don't have any other passion; work is all they know and have ever known. I was an unapologetic "workoholic" for many years, but I always made time for family and a hobby. It made life very busy working those non-work things in while traveling and otherwise putting in 50-60 hour weeks (thank God for telework and being able to work late into the evening), but it was worth it.

So yes, it's a good topic to discuss so others can possibly benefit from how other people are doing it/did it. Nobody needs to be a financial advisor beyond "save 10%+" or "make sure you at least do the matching portion of your company's 401K plan", but more focused on "life the first day, weeks, months, and years after you retire". I'm only 5 months into my retirement and have no regrets in having retired, and I'm still adjusting to it. It's a nice adjustment, but an adjustment nonetheless...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 09:44 AM   #5
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Your thoughts?
Sounds like a great idea.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:49 AM   #6
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:

Your thoughts?
Great idea. I was fortunate enough in my career that I could have retired at 50, but I made the right decision and kept on working. Now I'm 57, and I'm seriously thinking about it. So, money hasn't been the reason I'm scared to fully retire. It's the "what do I do now" issue. My wife might be more nervous about that than I am
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM   #7
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
It's the "what do I do now" issue. My wife might be more nervous about that than I am
I think people get so wrapped up in "how much money" that they never think about the spouse and their worries...and while we may think we are listening they may not believe you are thinking beyond "I grt to quit working ".

When my wife and I first discussed my retirement seriously she had reservations....and good ones too. So we set a time, adjusted and addressed our budget. But thanks to the company I worked for having issues finding my replacement it came a year later than I wanted to.
Old 04-01-2024, 07:58 AM   #8
Politically Incorrect

So fess up, been to Home Depot yet?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:23 PM   #9
Veteran

Do not overlook the restorative properties of a good nap.
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote