Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2023, 02:01 PM  
Keep Camp Home!

***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****

The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:25 AM   #1981
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Perhaps the intensity of KU basketball isn't for you. Maybe a nice sport like elementary school level soccer, where everyone gets a medal would be more your speed.

This ^^^^
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:27 AM   #1982
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
Lzen...I'm going to need you to take a deep breath and step back a minute. It's not worth arguing with dipshits like him. I thought we had all learned that by now.
Who was even arguing? I just see people rehashing posts from nearly a week ago after attempts at shaming others for calling what was a poorly played game a bad game as that bad game was going on.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:31 AM   #1983
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
It was certainly terrible basketball in the first half, yes, and it is revisionist history after the fact to suggest that it wasn't. Hunter Dickinson easily played his worst game of the entire season at Indiana until he stepped it up in the final 5 minutes and Dajuan Harris was poor too (although, unlike Hunter, he's had many poor games this season).
They didn't play great in the first half, but most of the deficit could be attributed to us not hitting shots and them making shots. It was pretty easy to see that IF we started hitting our shots, we'd be right back in the game. Shockingly, we started making baskets and got back into the game.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:32 AM   #1984
In Search of a Life

Quote:
It was that bad.
Nonsense.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #1985
Supporter

Taking my kids to their first game at AFH this evening. Can’t wait for them to experience it!
doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.doomy3 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:34 AM   #1986
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomy3 View Post
Taking my kids to their first game at AFH this evening. Can’t wait for them to experience it!
I get to take my daughter to her first game in the next couple months thanks to cmh6476. She'll find out about the tickets Monday morning!
Thumbs Up 11 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:36 AM   #1987
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
They didn't play great in the first half, but most of the deficit could be attributed to us not hitting shots and them making shots. It was pretty easy to see that IF we started hitting our shots, we'd be right back in the game. Shockingly, we started making baskets and got back into the game.
It was very clear we were better than that team while watching that game at any point that much. There's no denying that. But that makes it all the more obvious that we were playing pretty terribly for almost its entire duration to be in the situation that we were (and honestly made it all the more aggravating to watch).

The biggest difference in the end was that Dickinson and Harris just sort of took over the game in the last 7-8 minutes when they really hadn't showed up at all in the 30+ minutes before that.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:37 AM   #1988
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
Nonsense.
Nah, that was a pretty shitty Indiana team and all it took was our veterans even showing up for a small portion of it to win it. It was that bad for nearly its entire duration.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:41 AM   #1989
Perpetual Mediocrity

I'd say this team has only played a complete game one time so far this season (UConn, they dominated that one and would have won far easily than they did had they not been incredibly unlucky). They've mostly gone through the motions in every other game they've played, but they've shown an ability to flip a switch (2nd half vs. Kentucky, last quarter vs. Indiana) and raise to a much higher level when they need to.

That's sort of what you'd expect from a veteran team with very little depth coming off the bench (for now).
Old 12-22-2023, 09:44 AM   #1990
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Who was even arguing? I just see people rehashing posts from nearly a week ago after attempts at shaming others for calling what was a poorly played game a bad game as that bad game was going on.
Arguing/bitching/whatever. You just seem like a miserable person. Why bother with sports if it brings you no joy? I'm guessing you watch most games alone.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:48 AM   #1991
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
Arguing/bitching/whatever. You just seem like a miserable person. Why bother with sports if it brings you no joy? I'm guessing you watch most games alone.
You're certainly making a lot of (off base) assumptions based on me acknowledging that KU played a rather shitty game at Indiana last weekend. You sure you aren't projecting?
Old 12-22-2023, 09:55 AM   #1992
Banded

Quote:
Mgboko was the best player on either team in the first half of the Indiana/KU game last weekend, which explained a great deal about why that game was going the way it was going. All you had to do was watch the game to see that much although one look at a box score halfway through would have done the trick.

I don't assume anything, nor did I ever give up on the team. I've seen Bill Self teams enough to know they can pull out a close game no matter who their personnel are. But it is an undeniable fact that KU played poorly last Saturday and looked for 3/4 of it like they would lose the game.

You don't need to give us your life story here, but yes, it was quite obvious that you didn't watch this game live judging by the tone of your posts and your willingness to come in here and shame those who were watching it live and posting about it. The game was even going so poorly that several here even stopped watching/gave up on it. I was not one of those people but I certainly don't blame those who did. It was that bad.
I was only a few minutes (20-25) behind when I started watching. And I did catch up to live by the end of the game. So, that was nearly the same thing as live. Never once did I have any indication of how the final score would go, and I did not give up on the team. That was my only point.

You say you were in the heat of the moment. Fine. But it sure looked like you gave up. Look, if you're going to be a baby and publicly give up on the team in the way that you did then I'm going to point it out. Stop with that hyperbolic nonsense!

Quote:
Mgbako has easily been the best player on the floor for either team, which sort of explains why we're gonna lose this one.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:58 AM   #1993
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

We’re shoving nerds in lockers tonight, boys
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 10:00 AM   #1994
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

I bet it’s really funny when opposing fans come here and see us arguing about our 10-1 #2 ranked basketball team, who already has like 3 top 15 wins.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 10:01 AM   #1995
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I was only a few minutes (20-25) behind when I started watching. And I did catch up to live by the end of the game. So, that was nearly the same thing as live. Never once did I have any indication of how the final score would go, and I did not give up on the team. That was my only point.

You say you were in the heat of the moment. Fine. But it sure looked like you gave up. Look, if you're going to be a baby and publicly give up on the team in the way that you did then I'm going to point it out. Stop with that hyperbolic nonsense!
I kept watching the rest of the game after the post. I kept posting in that thread for the rest of the game for another hour+ (even after several others had stopped, undoubtedly out of sheer frustration at seeing this team underachieve to that extent). Yes, it's beyond obvious that I didn't give up on the team because I made a remark during a game thread about Mgbako going off on us and the implications of that.