Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-10-2023, 02:01 PM  
Keep Camp Home!

***** Official '23/'24 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****

The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:18 PM   #1966
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I think Elmarko's just a case of small sample size, plus not being totally comfortable at this level early on. He was a fairly good shooter in HS and I think he'll probably end the year with a respectable %.
He’s also hit a few big ones this year.

He’s going to be really good for us.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 02:11 PM   #1967
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Looks like we've got yet another person who apparently didn't watch the game in the first half (when that post was made) or is trying to engage in revisionist history.

Mgbako was easily the best player on the floor for either team in the first 20 minutes. His foul trouble in the 2nd half (which led to him getting benched) was also a rather sizeable part of our turnaround.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:13 PM   #1968
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
So, like most of their games.
No, I would say only this game was like that this year. The Kentucky one was pretty similar too though.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:14 PM   #1969
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I couldn't watch it live due to life getting in the way of my sports.
Yeah, I figured as much. My guess is you wouldn't be trying to shame people after the fact if you had.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:18 PM   #1970
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Since no guesses. We’re around 38% and 2nd in the Big 12.

We shoot a low volume but high percentage. Probably best for this team.

We’re patient and share the ball exceptionally well.
Should definitely be shooting more of them but I think those percentages almost certainly fall if we do. Most of our threes are completely wide open looks that teams are giving players like Harris because the defensive attention is almost 100% on Hunter Dickinson.
Old 12-17-2023, 02:24 PM   #1971
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
Should definitely be shooting more of them but I think those percentages almost certainly fall if we do. Most of our threes are completely wide open looks that teams are giving players like Harris because the defensive attention is almost 100% on Hunter Dickinson.
Probably speaks to the experience of Dickinson, McCullar, and Harris knowing better than to force it. They are extremely patient in waiting for open 3’s.

Hopefully, Furphy can be keep growing and contribute. He clearly projects as the best outside shooter on the team.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 08:11 AM   #1972
Banded

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
I think Elmarko's just a case of small sample size, plus not being totally comfortable at this level early on. He was a fairly good shooter in HS and I think he'll probably end the year with a respectable %.
I think you may be right. But I think he definitely has been looking much more comfortable lately in his overall play. Hopefully, more volume and a good 3pt % will come.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:13 AM   #1973
Banded

Quote:
Looks like we've got yet another person who apparently didn't watch the game in the first half (when that post was made) or is trying to engage in revisionist history.

Mgbako was easily the best player on the floor for either team in the first 20 minutes. His foul trouble in the 2nd half (which led to him getting benched) was also a rather sizeable part of our turnaround.
I wasn't challenging the notion that he was playing the best. I was curious why you would automatically assume a Bill Self coached team would lose a game, even if they were down and not playing their best at the time.

Edit:
And yes, I did watch the game, though I will admit that sometimes I don't get to start right on time (DVR) due to other obligations. This particular game, I had to start it a bit late and I also had to watch the 2nd half on my phone because I had to go to my mom's 80th birthday party.

All of that to say that despite what you may assume, sometimes it is simply a matter of I am not in this thread during the game so I don't read about what I haven't watched yet. In any case, I just don't give up on my team like a little girl when they aren't playing their best.

Last edited by Lzen; 12-22-2023 at 08:23 AM..
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2023, 08:16 AM   #1974
Banded

Quote:
Well, that just means you’re either lying now or were unrealistically optimistic for no good reason at all.

KU played terrible basketball for three quarters of that one and looked at no point like they were gonna win it until about 5-6 minutes left.
Terrible? C'mon. Don't you think that's a bit of hyperbole. Yeah, they weren't playing real well but they were not terrible. Does everyone forget the Topeka YMCA game? That was terrible.

Perhaps the intensity of KU basketball isn't for you. Maybe a nice sport like elementary school level soccer, where everyone gets a medal would be more your speed.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM   #1975
Dirty Bit

Quote:
Terrible? C'mon. Don't you think that's a bit of hyperbole. Yeah, they weren't playing real well but they were not terrible. Does everyone forget the Topeka YMCA game? That was terrible.

Perhaps the intensity of KU basketball isn't for you. Maybe a nice sport like elementary school level soccer, where everyone gets a medal would be more your speed.

Lzen...I'm going to need you to take a deep breath and step back a minute. It's not worth arguing with dipshits like him. I thought we had all learned that by now.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:05 AM   #1976
Banded

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
Lzen...I'm going to need you to take a deep breath and step back a minute. It's not worth arguing with dipshits like him. I thought we had all learned that by now.
You're probably right. I just opened this thread this morning, thinking maybe there would be some discussion on the game tonight. Instead, I found some truly idiotic posts.

But yeah, I should probably take your advice.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:09 AM   #1977
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

I thought I was bad when I’d make fun of Kanas and its non existent 3 ball defense.

But KCC takes the trophy here. From his irrational hate of a random player each year to his KenPom doomsday predictions.

It’s always something.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:14 AM   #1978
Dirty Bit

Quote:
You're probably right. I just opened this thread this morning, thinking maybe there would be some discussion on the game tonight. Instead, I found some truly idiotic posts.

But yeah, I should probably take your advice.
Tonight is one of those games where I'm guessing Self will approach it as a final tune up / tinkering game heading into B12 play. Probably will be closer than some fans want it to be, but a comfortable win nonetheless.
RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RockChalk is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-22-2023, 09:20 AM   #1979
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
It was certainly terrible basketball in the first half, yes, and it is revisionist history after the fact to suggest that it wasn't. Hunter Dickinson easily played his worst game of the entire season at Indiana until he stepped it up in the final 5 minutes and Dajuan Harris was poor too (although, unlike Hunter, he's had many poor games this season).

Quote:
This aspect of this post doesn't even make any sense. I'm the one saying the team played poorly. You're the one attempting to praise them for what otherwise was a down game played game for nearly its entire duration.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2023, 09:24 AM   #1980
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
I wasn't challenging the notion that he was playing the best.
Mgboko was the best player on either team in the first half of the Indiana/KU game last weekend, which explained a great deal about why that game was going the way it was going. All you had to do was watch the game to see that much although one look at a box score halfway through would have done the trick.

Quote:
I was curious why you would automatically assume a Bill Self coached team would lose a game, even if they were down and not playing their best at the time.
I don't assume anything, nor did I ever give up on the team. I've seen Bill Self teams enough to know they can pull out a close game no matter who their personnel are. But it is an undeniable fact that KU played poorly last Saturday and looked for 3/4 of it like they would lose the game.

Quote:
Edit:
And yes, I did watch the game, though I will admit that sometimes I don't get to start right on time (DVR) due to other obligations. This particular game, I had to start it a bit late and I also had to watch the 2nd half on my phone because I had to go to my mom's 80th birthday party.

All of that to say that despite what you may assume, sometimes it is simply a matter of I am not in this thread during the game so I don't read about what I haven't watched yet. In any case, I just don't give up on my team like a little girl when they aren't playing their best.
You don't need to give us your life story here, but yes, it was quite obvious that you didn't watch this game live judging by the tone of your posts and your willingness to come in here and shame those who were watching it live and posting about it. The game was even going so poorly that several here even stopped watching/gave up on it. I was not one of those people but I certainly don't blame those who did. It was that bad.

Last edited by KC_Connection; 12-22-2023 at 09:31 AM..