Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	7424
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6994
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	7359
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	7257
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:12 PM   #1951
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
i have a 5 lb'er in the freezer/// guess the dehumidifier is coming out. Yyou did yours straight up on the smoker where I used to smoke then put on racks to dry.

Been a while since I made any. i don't have a meet slicer but good sharp knives.
Its been hot so the smoker would stay somewhere 200-225 on the smoke setting. Took about 2 hrs to get to dry but chewy. Used to smoke lower with the electric.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-13-2019, 10:53 PM   #1952
MVP

I'll use the weber kettle with a chunk of wood and 4 chunks adding 2 ever 1/2 and try to stay at 170. I have been successful doing so but i think i will smoke til legal then go to the dehydrator. maybe next weekend.

Tomorrow, boneless skinless chicken thighs. folded into 4 x 4 x 2 bricks with peach slices in middle and Aged white cheddar placed on top and smoked with some smoked veggies. onions, purple bell peppers, baby potatoes. I am going to try hot grilling baby okra with seasoned EVOO.

i bought red and white shallots. at our city market. I pickled a 24oz. bottle of each, put up 7 jars of ghost pepper dill cukes. After 12 hours they leave mouth warm,next weekend POW!, i will add a small dose of horseradish to 6 and put 4 of the jars in the man cave fridge for games.

Last edited by cooper barrett; 07-13-2019 at 11:53 PM..
cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #1953
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Tomorrow, boneless skinless chicken thighs. folded into 4 x 4 x 2 bricks with peach slices in middle and Aged white cheddar placed on top
Those sound awesome, be sure to get pics.

Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #1954
Cheat Death

Blueberry chipotle glazed spares from yesterday.

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 08:56 AM   #1955
Cast Iron Jedi

Brined some turkey legs and thighs with salt, sugar, and some red pepper flakes and Greek seasoning for about 18 hours. Then rubbed with some honey rib rub. Gonna smoke at 250 for about 3.5 hours then will bump the temp to 375 to crisp the skin for the last half hour or so.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #1956
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post

Those look good. How were they?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #1957
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Those look good. How were they?
They turned out really good. I occasionally do that glaze for grilled chicken/pork so I thought it would be a nice change up on ribs.

Somewhat related, but I find 3-2-1 on spares gets them way too done for my liking, at least on my cooker. So I go with a 3-1-1.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:48 AM   #1958
Supporter

Looking for suggestions.

I'm doing pulled pork for about 150 people at a family reunion. The last of the butts are on the smoker now. 8 total.

The reunion is in 2 weeks so I am freezing the pork. My thought is I'll reheat in a larger roaster. My question is what would be the best liquid to add to the roaster to help reconstitute the meat.

Any ideas or tips you've done?
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 10:00 AM   #1959
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
Looking for suggestions.

I'm doing pulled pork for about 150 people at a family reunion. The last of the butts are on the smoker now. 8 total.

The reunion is in 2 weeks so I am freezing the pork. My thought is I'll reheat in a larger roaster. My question is what would be the best liquid to add to the roaster to help reconstitute the meat.

I haven't ever done anything like this before, but what I've mulled around in my head is getting a sous vide for this kind of thing.

Stick it in vacuum seal (which I do with BBQ a lot)

Put the vacuum bags in a large enough container for all of them, and kick it onto whatever you want to serve at. Then when it's time to roll, roll.

You'd have to talk to a sous vide guy, but it works in my head. If you have a vacuum sealer (or can pick one up today) it might be a good way to justify a sous vide purchase
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #1960
Veteran

Quote:
Looking for suggestions.

Apple juice works well.

Old 07-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #1961
Cheat Death

Quote:
Looking for suggestions.

Keep the bones and make a broth.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #1962
Cast Iron Jedi

Turkey!!!
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 02:07 PM   #1963
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post

That glaze sounds good. Sometimes I like to finish mine in a honey chili powder mix. Not sure what chili's are in it my wife bought it at a restaurant called monroe's in New Mexico. Their enchilda sauce is amazing if you like spicy stuff.

Old 07-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #1964
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
Apple juice works well.

I would do this with rub mixed in.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #1965
He's Mahomie!

Curry wurst today.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.