Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-15-2013, 11:41 AM  
Veteran

Bitcoin Take?

Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

Last edited by ChiefRocka; 03-06-2024 at 06:51 AM..
ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.ChiefRocka Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:31 AM   #1936
Woman should only make babies

This is why I love bitcoin. People aren't accepting cash because it can be grossed up with yuncky shit. Now bitcoin can shine as a way to be stable.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 12:50 PM   #1937
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post
Not sure why anyone would think that a pure speculative asset would be a safe haven, seems like it would be the exact opposite. Bitcoin would be the first thing people would sell in a crunch.
Yep. Margin calls are a bitch, and a bunch of investors got them this morning. They had to sell something to cover, and it looks like bitcoin, silver, and gold were the first things to go.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 01:11 PM   #1938
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonpenz View Post
This is why I love bitcoin. People aren't accepting cash because it can be grossed up with yuncky shit. Now bitcoin can shine as a way to be stable.
Do you live in an alternate universe that doesn't have credit/debit cards?
FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #1939
He's Mahomie!

I've got this thing figured out now. You keep 1 BTC for the long haul. The other one you buy in the $6k range and sell at $10k. Make $4k each round.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:15 PM   #1940
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
I've got this thing figured out now. You keep 1 BTC for the long haul. The other one you buy in the $6k range and sell at $10k. Make $4k each round.
Probably could easily do that. I'm not confident enough when it will go up or down, but everyone who claims to be in the know said this was expected once the Corona virus hit...like every other investment right now.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:20 PM   #1941
He's Mahomie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Probably could easily do that. I'm not confident enough when it will go up or down, but everyone who claims to be in the know said this was expected once the Corona virus hit...like every other investment right now.
That's what is puzzling to me though. Bitcoin and gold should be safe Haven's. I think everyone went to cash waiting to buy back in. Could be since it dumped so fast.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:22 PM   #1942
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
That's what is puzzling to me though. Bitcoin and gold should be safe Haven's. I think everyone went to cash waiting to buy back in. Could be since it dumped so fast.
Yeah, that was one theory. I can't really understand why someone would think, oh I need to sell all of my bitcoin as coronavirus hits but the proof is in the pudding. I think likely people on foreign exchanges who don't own their keys, getting worried it will get stuck in limbo. And it's going to halve in May. Hopefully we see improvement once that occurs..which is going to limit the amount of bitcoin that can ever be produced. It should help limit supply, which I would hope would increase price.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:45 PM   #1943
Veteran

An asset that exists purely for speculation and has no use cases or underlying value is the exact opposite of a safe haven.
FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.FD Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:48 PM   #1944
In Search of a Life

Quote:
There's a major difference between gold and buttcoins.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #1945
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post
An asset that exists purely for speculation and has no use cases or underlying value is the exact opposite of a safe haven.
Gold isn't a whole lot different. It's only value is because it's pretty and people value it. It isn't highly valued because it has a practical purpose like say a cell phone, tools, home or vehicle. Sure, there are maybe a few practical purposes of gold but they are few and far between and don't have much to do with it's price.
Old 03-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #1946
He's Mahomie!

Buy buy buy!!!
Old 03-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #1947
SuperBowl or bust

I might have to throw 10k back into crypto in the next day or so.

Bitcoin around 4500

Ether down to about 100
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:22 PM   #1948
Mod Team

I’ve been hedging with Bitcoin.

Isn’t this supposed to be $100k by now?!?!!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #1949
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I’ve been hedging with Bitcoin.

Isn’t this supposed to be $100k by now?!?!!
A study came out over the weekend statistically suggesting Bitcoin correlates with traditional risky assets and not like a currency.

To nobody's surprise.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 02:12 PM   #1950
Woman should only make babies

TMNT action figures will be the currency of the future
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote