Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2023, 10:01 AM  
In Search of a Life

Another top WR prospect working out with Mahomes today

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:43 PM   #181
Hockey Town

What throws me off is people love Mingo and if you really take time to look at him that evaluation is extremely difficult. I have no idea how to project him because there's just a bunch of stuff not there.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:45 PM   #182
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That'll cost you at least a 3rd rounder.

I'm saving that 3rd and using it to move up in the 2nd.
When you list the potential first round guys and compare it to the list of potential 2nd-3rd round guys, I think there's more potential in those 2nd-3rd round guys.

So im not gonna get all sideways about it either way. I'm 110% fine with waiting until 2-3 to take a WR, just because i don't think the talent gap is all that different.

Bit if the Chiefs feel Zay Flowers is DA MAN and wanna trade into the 20's for him, imma be thrilled.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:45 PM   #183
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I found my pre-draft post from last year:

I wouldn't put a single WR in this class in that first group. Though I'm also a little surprised I had Burks that high. I remember vacillating quite a bit on him. I wonder if I ended up moving him down later on.

But I think the guys being talked about here are all in that Dotson/Pickens tier from last season.
Hey, I would've told you you were underestimating London's ability after the catch and how Andy would take advantage of that too, but let's just pretend me saying it about Moore means I'm wrong about Johnston
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:45 PM   #184
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Lol.

I think that once a Zay Flowers falls into the 20's, i'd be fine with the Chiefs trading up for him.

I wouldn't trade up for any other WR though.

Zay Flowers is the modern Brandin Cooks, who i remember both of us being high on back in the day.
Cooks had WAY more burst. You remember him all but breaking the 20yard shuttle time? Outstanding long gear. Bigger, better catch radius, stronger.

No way. Not similar prospects at all. Put a rocket up Flowers ass and we'll talk.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:47 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
What throws me off is people love Mingo and if you really take time to look at him that evaluation is extremely difficult. I have no idea how to project him because there's just a bunch of stuff not there.
The only question i have about Mingo is his ability to create separation in the league. His size, physicality and hands will all xfer.

It's quickness, that start and stop stuff, the ability to breakdown, that you question.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:48 PM   #186
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Hey, I would've told you you were underestimating London's ability after the catch and how Andy would take advantage of that too, but let's just pretend me saying it about Moore means I'm wrong about Johnston
And I openly acknowledged that I was using a prior bias against big receivers against London. I knew I could easily be wrong on him and that's why I specifically noted it; I knew there was enough bias in my assessment to substitute some conventional wisdom in there - how often do I EVER do that?

I'm not feeling the same way here.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:49 PM   #187
In Search of a Life

Quote:
The only question i have about Mingo is his ability to create separation in the league. His size, physicality and hands will all xfer.

It's quickness, that start and stop stuff, the ability to breakdown, that you question.
Did you see that Schrager has him going in the 1st in his mock?

I love Mingo, but the hype has gotten out of control.

Top 50? I can buy that.

1st rounder? WTF?
Old 04-19-2023, 02:49 PM   #188

Quote:
Cooks had WAY more burst. You remember him all but breaking the 20yard shuttle time? Outstanding long gear. Bigger, better catch radius, stronger.

No way. Not similar prospects at all. Put a rocket up Flowers ass and we'll talk.
There is a rocket up Flowers ass.

Count me as a guy who thought Flowers would run something like a 4.37. So the 4.42 was disappointing. I think he has mid to late 4.3 game speed.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:50 PM   #189
Hockey Town

Quote:

He also lacks nuance, like finding space in a zone, the little moves in route running. Yea if you want a big receiver that can lineup as a wing and run block and maybe get a matchup here and there great..but he's just so raw at actual WR things and there were so many things he was just never asked to do.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:50 PM   #190
Hockey Town

Quote:
Did you see that Schrager has him going in the 1st in his mock?

I love Mingo, but the hype has gotten out of control.

Top 50? I can buy that.

1st rounder? WTF?
Lets spend a 1 on a dude who is a huge project at the position...
Old 04-19-2023, 02:51 PM   #191
In Search of a Life

Quote:
And I openly acknowledged that I was using a prior bias against big receivers against London. I knew I could easily be wrong on him and that's why I specifically noted it; I knew there was enough bias in my assessment to substitute some conventional wisdom in there - how often do I EVER do that?

I'm not feeling the same way here.
Fair enough. I have some concerns with the 3 cone, and if it's a deal breaker for the Chiefs, so be it.

But I just really like Johnston if he falls into their lap at 31. I think he complements Toney and Moore perfectly, and I don't see him failing here.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:52 PM   #192
Hockey Town

The Chiefs know how to get guys into space so I'm not overly worked up about some of these numbers. I just like guys with instincts and understanding of that so we don't get more Mecole stuff where Mahomes kept looking annoyed he'd never go to the right spot.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:54 PM   #193

Quote:
I don't see him failing here.
Pretty hard to fail as a receiver with Reid and Mahomes. That shouldn't be the bar.

I'm pretty damn confident that any of these top 5-8 receivers can find success here.

It's a matter of, do their skills add a dynamic to the offense, or are they simply the benefactor of, ala JJSS.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:56 PM   #194
Hockey Town

Quote:
Pretty hard to fail as a receiver with Reid and Mahomes. That shouldn't be the bar.

I'm pretty damn confident that any of these top 5-8 receivers can find success here.

It's a matter of, do their skills add a dynamic to the offense, or are they simply the benefactor of, ala JJSS.
The biggest thing they need is reliability. There's so much unknown at the position that at this point if they could get someone they could count on that would be it. It's why I lean Addison at the moment.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:58 PM   #195
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I'm not saying it's the bar. I'm saying if the Chiefs don't feel that the 3 cone is a deal breaker, we're going to get the player I'm thinking we'd get.