Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-23-2020, 11:36 PM  
MVP

Draft - Day 2: who do like for KC?

Chiefs on tap tomorrow with picks #63, and #96

What positions do you think they address, and who do you hope they target?

I’ll say:

#63 - Damien Lewis, OG, LSU
#96 - Reggie Robinson II, CB, Tulsa
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #181
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
How do you feel about using 2021 picks to try to pick up 2-3 more today?

I proposed 2021 1st and 6th for Miami's 2020 2nd (56), one of their 4ths (136) and one of their 5ths (forget number now).
Think it would take a lot more. Teams don't think NCAAF is happening this year and just don't seem interested in 2021 selections right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Bullshit. They all move around strategically. You can't point to Baltimore or Pittsburgh or anyone. They've all moved up and around, especially recently. It pays dividends. Did the Steelers, everyone's model for "wait and see," sit and wait for Devin Bush? Nope, they went up and got him and he had 109 tackles for them last year.

I would agree you have to be very calculated about the when but to say "just sit there," more or less at all costs, isn't always best practice either.
The Steelers had to start doing that out of necessity because they blew a ton of choices. KC is not in that spot.

They've got one true need left.

But to flip your own example right back onto your head. If the Steelers freaked out and traded a future 1 in the last draft they would have no currency to get the value with Fitzpatrick during the season.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #182
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Speaks is taking X Williams roster spot and he's probably more DT than he is DE with that body type.
We'll see. Still makes absolutely no sense how that guy was drafted while we still ran the 3-4 and was put at OLB.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #183
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Think it would take a lot more. Teams don't think NCAAF is happening this year and just don't seem interested in 2021 selections right now.

The Steelers had to start doing that out of necessity because they blew a ton of choices. KC is not in that spot.

They've got one true need left.
Do you really think Miami is going to make 17 selections?

They're already saying they're open to moving down at 39.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #184
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Do you really think Miami is going to make 17 selections?

They're already saying they're open to moving down at 39.
They will move around in the rounds this year as they see fit probably.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:27 PM   #185
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
I like Epenesa, but probably not as much as you do. I'm not sure if they're really shopping hard this year at that spot.
May not be shopping hard but we can see they looked at a few DEs. I think if Veach is sticking to his statement about looking past 2020 as well, then you have to consider that KPass will be gone and Okafor and Speaks will have 1 year remaining. And, I'd argue hard that Epenesa would start over any of them.

I'd look edge rusher later in the day if not for Epenesa. If Gross-Matos tumbled a bit longer, I'd maybe make a small move up to the 50's for him. I think a 2021 3rd would easily do that, maybe a 4th depending on how far you feel you need to go. Otherwise, wait until 96. I don't like any of the rest at 63. Too many other positions I feel have far greater value that will be sitting there.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:28 PM   #186
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Yeah, a guy who still offers basically nothing in coverage and is basically just a guy. We've been killed the last 2 years on passes over the middle, and our run defense still isn't exactly dominant. I don't see many redeeming qualities in our linebackers.
And yet they won the 2019 Super Bowl and were an offsides call from a second appearance.

You seem to value (and overvalue) linebackers and cornerbacks more than Veach and the Chiefs.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:29 PM   #187
Hockey Town

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-2-predictions

Matt Miller also treats the Chiefs like they can't draft, a TE in round 3?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #188
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
May not be shopping hard but we can see they looked at a few DEs. I think if Veach is sticking to his statement about looking past 2020 as well, then you have to consider that KPass will be gone and Okafor and Speaks will have 1 year remaining. And, I'd argue hard that Epenesa would start over any of them.

I'd look edge rusher later in the day if not for Epenesa. If Gross-Matos tumbled a bit longer, I'd maybe make a small move up to the 50's for him. I think a 2021 3rd would easily do that, maybe a 4th depending on how far you feel you need to go. Otherwise, wait until 96. I don't like any of the rest at 63. Too many other positions I feel have far greater value that will be sitting there.
I like the Volunteers guy a lot. Would be a fantastic get if he slides to late 3rd.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #189
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Dude, I'm not complaining about CEH. It's not my favorite pick in the world, but I don't hate it. I'm excited about what he offers to the offense. No problem at all with supplementing the offense, just think offense needs to be on the back burner with our remaining picks.
And I think the Chiefs could easily spend 3 out of their last 4 picks on offense in a WR, guard and center.

Hell, maybe even two WR's, if the value is there.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:31 PM   #190
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
And yet they won the 2019 Super Bowl and were an offsides call from a second appearance.

You seem to value (and overvalue) linebackers and cornerbacks more than Veach and the Chiefs.
You’d think at some point he’d start to get that while Veach does clearly want a a CB or LB, he’s not going to reach for one.

If CEH is off the board last night, he doesn’t just go draft Swift because he wants a RB. He’s not going to do it with any position. If we didn’t trade up for Mahomes in 2017, it’s been said we would’ve taken a LB. if we didn’t trade for Clark, we probably would’ve taken a corner judging by The Franchise.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #191
Mahomes > God

Quote:

I wouldn't just dismiss it, he's pretty plugged in with the Chiefs....
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #192
Supporter

Quote:

I've always thought that Matt Miller was a dope.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #193
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Miller is one of the only people that mocked CEH to us at 32 (second to last mock).

He probably just doesn’t realize we signed Seales-Jones. He’s convinced we will never stop giving Mahomes weapons (and he’s right, just not here).
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #194
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson8 View Post
Running Backs - Chiefs not interested, but I would think these guys would go soon.
D'Andre Swift 5-8, 212 Georgia
Jonathan Taylor 5-10, 226 Wisconsin
J.K. Dobbins 5-10, 209 Ohio State
Cam Akers 5-10, 217 Florida State
Yep. Let’s hope there’s a run on HB’s and QB’s this evening, before our picks.
BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:35 PM   #195
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I've always thought that Matt Miller was a dope.
He’s actually a pretty good talent evaluator. It’s his predictions that aren’t great.

But like I said, had CEH in his top 32 and one of the few people if any that mocked him to us in the 1st.

He had us going RB in the 1st for a while.

But we aren’t going TE.