Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2023, 09:55 PM  
In Search of a Life

Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 02:21 PM   #1906
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Maybe I'm just not so cynical to believe that many children need to see somebody that looks like them to be a fan. I'm a Cuban/white that grew up watching MJ, my childhood idol. Me and just about every white or non-black kid i grew up with wanted to "be like Mike". All I needed to feel like Mike was a jersey and some shoes. I didn't tell my parents that I needed blackface to be MJ.

Pure projection.

Also, being half Hispanic doesn't change anything, cuck.
You're not cynical; you're naive. But keep on living in your little world, sweetheart.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 02:27 PM   #1907
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
You're not cynical; you're naive. But keep on living in your little world, sweetheart.
You're right, I'm so naive not to believe that most kids are so obsessed with race that they literally need somebody that looks like them to become fans of a player/sport.

So was/is the popularity of all of these other GOAT level athletes capped because they're not white or 100% white?

Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Patrick Mahomes
Steph Curry
Floyd Mayweather
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:13 PM   #1908
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
If they want eyeballs on their league then they need to promote the shit out of this lady. How can someone this hilariously tall be so ****ing hot!?

Tall girls usually have flat asses.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:46 PM   #1909
MVP

Lots of white girls play college basketball and WNBA.

None of them play it as well as Clark. This is a silly thing for clicks.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:52 PM   #1910
It was not a fair catch

Lisa Bluder retires. Wow.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:56 PM   #1911
Threepeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Tall girls usually have flat asses.
Not always :

T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 04:14 PM   #1912
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shields68 View Post
Clark was putting people in the seats and tuning into TV's before the Reese thing ever went down. The media jusst like to try and make the Reese thing about race. Like a two second gesture before a timeout was the same as following someone around for minutes after the game is over.

Bottom line is a lot of people like watching Clark play. She brought an excitement and brand of basketball to the Womans' game that was not seen before.

Reese was smart enough to capitolize on the woke corporations despite her game being as boring as watching local YMCA game.
I’m not at all a fan of Reese. But that’s ridiculous. There are thousands of great women’s bball athletes but clark broke through. At the same time there are thousands of great womens bball players, some certified hotties, who never broke through like Reese did since the woke are apparently forking out these deals left and right. You don’t think the wnba has been unsuccessfully trying this for decades?

It’s not an either or thing. They’re both breaking through where others haven’t. For very different reasons.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 04:26 PM   #1913
Why so serious?

Quote:
You're right, I'm so naive not to believe that most kids are so obsessed with race that they literally need somebody that looks like them to become fans of a player/sport.

So was/is the popularity of all of these other GOAT level athletes capped because they're not white or 100% white?

Michael Jordan
Lebron James
Patrick Mahomes
Steph Curry
Floyd Mayweather
First, Mayweather? The popularity of him was capped because he was a douche. Because he seemed so far removed from the way anyone who carry themselves. There’s not an ounce of endearing to him.

Second, you are dramatically missing the point in a way that speaks volumes about how you always approach these types of conversations. It has nothing to do with racism - I have no idea why you keep going back to that. It has to do with relatability and perceived shared experiences. There are plenty of studies that interviewers tend to accept interviewees who mirror themselves. That’s not a racial thing. I’m a ferocious hard worker, and I value people who work hard more than those who are just so insanely brilliant. It just is what it is.

Maybe we’re talking past each other. I’m not claiming an ounce of racism in her success. These little girls getting into the sport aren’t racists because if she were black they might not have gotten into it in just the same way. It’s just that I’m sure many of them and their parents see something that’s more relatable to them and that increases her popularity. It’s just human nature. She’s attractive, charismatic, not tall and gangly, etc. It’s the perfect storm to achieve maximum popularity.

She would be crazy successful if she were black or Asian or whatever. But she turns more heads because she’s a midwestern girl who loves the Chiefs and is the most prolific scorer in history. That’s all.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 04:36 PM   #1914
The man you could post like.

Quote:
First, Mayweather? The popularity of him was capped because he was a douche. Because he seemed so far removed from the way anyone who carry themselves. There’s not an ounce of endearing to him.

Second, you are dramatically missing the point in a way that speaks volumes about how you always approach these types of conversations. It has nothing to do with racism - I have no idea why you keep going back to that. It has to do with relatability and perceived shared experiences. There are plenty of studies that interviewers tend to accept interviewees who mirror themselves. That’s not a racial thing. I’m a ferocious hard worker, and I value people who work hard more than those who are just so insanely brilliant. It just is what it is.

Maybe we’re talking past each other. I’m not claiming an ounce of racism in her success. These little girls getting into the sport aren’t racists because if she were black they might not have gotten into it in just the same way. It’s just that I’m sure many of them and their parents see something that’s more relatable to them and that increases her popularity. It’s just human nature. She’s attractive, charismatic, not tall and gangly, etc. It’s the perfect storm to achieve maximum popularity.

She would be crazy successful if she were black or Asian or whatever. But she turns more heads because she’s a midwestern girl who loves the Chiefs and is the most prolific scorer in history. That’s all.
I don't understand why saying it's a factor is treated like some attack on her. I don't think anybody is denying she's insanely talented, but as you said it takes an almost perfect storm to create an actual phenom like Caitlin Clark, and for better and worse her race is a factor in it.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 04:37 PM   #1915
In Search of a Life

Quote:

It's a very simple question. You can ignore Mayweather if you want, because he was more infamous than anything, but the PPVs don't lie. We can even stick to professional basketball.

Was Michael Jordan's or Lebron James' popularity capped because they aren't white? Would they have been even more popular if they were white?

Last edited by staylor26; 05-13-2024 at 04:43 PM..
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 04:40 PM   #1916
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
I don't understand why saying it's a factor is treated like some attack on her. I don't think anybody is denying she's insanely talented, but as you said it takes an almost perfect storm to create an actual phenom like Caitlin Clark, and for better and worse her race is a factor in it.
I'm not saying it's attack on her, from you guys at least. I'm simply saying that it's baseless.

I don't believe for a second that MJ or Lebron could be any more popular than they are, even if they were white.

Clark is women's basketball first MJ/Lebron. I don't believe for a second that she'd be less popular if she were black. Why would I believe that after seeing how popular those 2 black male basketball players are/were?
Old 05-13-2024, 04:44 PM   #1917
The man you could post like.

Quote:
I'm not saying it's attack on her, from you guys at least. I'm simply saying that it's baseless.

I don't believe for a second that MJ or Lebron could be any more popular than they are, even if they were white.

Clark is women's basketball first MJ/Lebron. I don't believe for a second that she'd be less popular if she were black. Why would I believe that after seeing how popular those 2 black male basketball players are/were?
Agree to disagree, I guess.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-13-2024, 04:46 PM   #1918
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch View Post
Iowa LSU rematch drew almost two and a half million more than the 2023 Championship game did.
still more watched the Iowa Uconn game, which was again surpassed by the Iowa SC game. All were more by a wide margain then the other final four game of SC NC st.
Shields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliShields68 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-13-2024, 05:53 PM   #1919
MVP

Doesn't Kelcey Plum, who is white, had the college scoring record right before Caitlin Clark did, is way hotter than Clark is, played the same position as Clark did, and has won back to back WNBA titles pretty much destroy the argument about race? People are tuning in because they want to see something great and entertaining. That's Caitlin Clark.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 05:55 PM   #1920
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
Doesn't Kelcey Plum, who is white, had the college scoring record right before Caitlin Clark did, is way hotter than Clark is, played the same position as Clark did, and has won back to back WNBA titles pretty much destroy the argument about race? People are tuning in because they want to see something great and entertaining. That's Caitlin Clark.
Yeah. Also ionescu. Obviously clark has struck a chord for the same reason Steph did.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote