Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM  
In Search of a Life

2019 Free agency Thread

We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #1876
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan View Post
I don't think i'll be able to take it if we lose to John Dorsey and Kareem Hunt in the playoffs.

That would just be too much.
It will be interesting to see what Dorsey does when contract time for the heavies rolls around. If my speculations are correct, he took that job with at least ONE major clause; do NOT tell me who to sign, WHEN to sign, and for how much.
I'm guessing he was VERY inflexible on that front.

If Veach knocks this draft and FA out of the park, will you be less skittish about Dorsey and Cleveland?
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:19 PM   #1877
Starter

I’d be a fan of offering a 2 for Xavier Howard from MIA. We’d have to be ready to pay him though.
ChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutChiefoftheKeyboard is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-05-2019, 11:22 PM   #1878
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate View Post
It will be interesting to see what Dorsey does when contract time for the heavies rolls around. If my speculations are correct, he took that job with at least ONE major clause; do NOT tell me who to sign, WHEN to sign, and for how much.
I'm guessing he was VERY inflexible on that front.

If Veach knocks this draft and FA out of the park, will you be less skittish about Dorsey and Cleveland?
We have Patrick Mahomes. I'm not really skittish on anything. I'm just saying that, should that situation arise, I think I would be beside myself.

I just want to win a damn championship. Just do that once and everything else is just gravy to me.
comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.comochiefsfan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:26 PM   #1879
Unsparing

Quote:
We have Patrick Mahomes. I'm not really skittish on anything. I'm just saying that, should that situation arise, I think I would be beside myself.

I just want to win a damn championship. Just do that once and everything else is just gravy to me.
I think frogs would rain from the sky. But, I see your point.
Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sweet Daddy Hate is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:38 PM   #1880
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard View Post
The Bucs are switching to a 3-4 and have JPP. Since he played for spags and has no guarantees left on his contract I’d offer Ford for him and a 2nd or 3rd plus a 2020 mid rounder. I’d look at Amani Oruwariye and or Jamel Dean in the draft hopefully with the second and try to snag Charles Omenihu with the other second. That’d free up the first to take Nasir Adderley if they were confident it’d play out that way. You could use the 3rd from the JPP trade to trade up in the 2nd for your CB if you had to.
Hmmmm....

I am intrigued by your Ford/JPP swap.

The scheme changes for both teams make the players desirable. Their per annum contract values at this point is a push, with a bonus being that potentially cutting JPP involves no dead money in either 2019 or 2020.
Ford is younger and coming off his best year. JPP is coming off a 12.5 sack season - not too shabby.

Compensation becomes the tricky part.

I offer Ford + pick #92 (3)
for
JPP + pick #39 (2) and pick #107 (4)

Balances out to a mid 2nd round pick value gained by the Chiefs.

Bucs get cap relief, a new system fit, and top 5 pass rusher.
Chiefs get a still productive vet, a new system fit having familiarity with the coaches, and an additional 2nd rounder....

???
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:39 PM   #1881
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard View Post
I’d be a fan of offering a 2 for Xavier Howard from MIA. We’d have to be ready to pay him though.
You think Nelson was grabby?
Hoo boy...
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #1882
Unsparing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Northman View Post
Hmmmm....

I am intrigued by your Ford/JPP swap.

The scheme changes for both teams make the players desirable. Their per annum contract values at this point is a push, with a bonus being that potentially cutting JPP involves no dead money in either 2019 or 2020.
Ford is younger and coming off his best year. JPP is coming off a 12.5 sack season - not too shabby.

Compensation becomes the tricky part.

I offer Ford + pick #92 (3)
for
JPP + pick #39 (2) and pick #107 (4)

Balances out to a mid 2nd round pick value gained by the Chiefs.

Bucs get cap relief, a new system fit, and top 5 pass rusher.
Chiefs get a still productive vet, a new system fit having familiarity with the coaches, and an additional 2nd rounder....

???
The Giantsification of the Chiefs defense is coming!

( I just wanted to be the first to use that term )
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 11:45 PM   #1883
MVP

Quote:
The Giantsification of the Chiefs defense is coming!

( I just wanted to be the first to use that term )
LT and Carson waiting in the wings....
Old 03-05-2019, 11:50 PM   #1884
Unsparing

Quote:
LT and Carson waiting in the wings....
I would be shocked if we didn't end up with a couple of guys, be they big names or smaller.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:57 PM   #1885
MVP

Quote:
I would be shocked if we didn't end up with a couple of guys, be they big names or smaller.
I believe Collins is destined to end up in KC. They will get a veteran Edge player if one or both of Houston/Ford go. I cannot shake the notion that they will attempt to trade for a young, ascending veteran corner. The FA corner market is weak. Would not be shocked to see a move for a LB too.
Old 03-06-2019, 12:11 AM   #1886
Unsparing

Quote:
I believe Collins is destined to end up in KC. They will get a veteran Edge player if one or both of Houston/Ford go. I cannot shake the notion that they will attempt to trade for a young, ascending veteran corner. The FA corner market is weak. Would not be shocked to see a move for a LB too.
With the way front 7 picks have moved up the board, I'm thinking the Chiefs will probably stand pat and pick up a CB in the draft. That doesn't preclude them from grabbing one in FA as well, it just seems to add up.

They might make a move to get one of those front 7 picks but with (2) two's, I'm almost certain they're going to be looking for an offensive lineman in round 2. I don't see Reid walking out of this draft empty-handed on his side of the ball.
There's also the possibility( yuck )that if the majority of teams are spending on defense as well, we might end up with an Iowa TE. I would of course hate this not because those two aren't talented, but because that's not a "win now" move.
Okay, that's reeruned but sometimes you have to think like a reerun to be on the same wavelength as Andy Reid.

Anyway, I just want to get this underway and make some moves so that we can start thinking about the board and hopefully get at least two of the three defensive monkeys off of our backs and replaced with some guys we can get excited about.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:33 AM   #1887
Starter

If we don't take a safety in the first I'd be for bringing in Tre Boston.

I think he's a solid fit in Spag's scheme...especially if we end up cutting Berry and bringing in an ETIII or a Landon Collins.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:42 AM   #1888
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
I don't think i'll be able to take it if we lose to John Dorsey and Kareem Hunt in the playoffs.

If they are the team that ends up with A. Brown I think the Browns make the playoffs. Perhaps even win that division...
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:02 AM   #1889
MVP

Quote:

The Browns ain’t stopping KC
Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Best22 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #1890
The man you could post like.

[Schefter] Teams that have spoken to the Steelers about a potential AB trade have been told that a deal is expected to be in place by Friday, per league sources.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.