Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:01 PM   #1831
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I have no idea what the hell that is, but it looks fantastic
Thanks!

I obscured the beef patty a little too much. It's a hamburger mixed with onion, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and panko, seared in a pan. Pan sauce with mushrooms, stock, wine, and soy.

Traditional loco moco is served with rice; we like it better with savory stone ground grits.

Topped (obviously) with a runny egg, and garnished with parsley.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:08 PM   #1832
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
Thanks!

I obscured the beef patty a little too much. It's a hamburger mixed with onion, oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and panko, seared in a pan. Pan sauce with mushrooms, stock, wine, and soy.

Traditional loco moco is served with rice; we like it better with savory stone ground grits.

Topped (obviously) with a runny egg, and garnished with parsley.
I'll be wanting to try my hand at that one day soon, looks and sounds killer
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:11 PM   #1833
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
I'll be wanting to try my hand at that one day soon, looks and sounds killer

It's a great meal. Mainly a breakfast dish over in Hawaii, but you can find versions of it on dinner menus, too. I usually garnish with green onion, but didn't have any.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:25 PM   #1834
Banned

Quote:
Found chicken leg/thigh quarters on sale yesterday for $.67/lb. Added an equal amount of wings and made a shitload of pressure cooker chicken stock. Took a while since I had to do it in two batches, but I'm set for a while. Homemade is so good.
did you pressure cook legs, thighs, and wings whole? bones make stock. not flesh.

dammit man. you can have all the gadets, but ronco doesnt make you chef. i love your enthusiasm, but you dont know `how to cook.
Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Squalor2 < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-09-2016, 05:27 AM   #1835
Cast Iron Jedi

What's For Dinner? Here's Mine Vol. 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squalor2 View Post
did you pressure cook legs, thighs, and wings whole? bones make stock. not flesh.

dammit man. you can have all the gadets, but ronco doesnt make you chef. i love your enthusiasm, but you dont know `how to cook.

Never claimed to be a chef, just a better-than-average home cook who likes to play.

Since bones were used, it's stock, but not "pure stock," since meat was involved. Broths don't have the mouthfeel of stock because they don't get the gelatin from bones and joints. After refrigerating, this stuff sets up like meat Jell-O.

Most people making stock leave at least some meat on because you get better flavor. More meat, more robust flavor.

Don't be a douche. Most people use the terms interchangeably anyway.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:01 AM   #1836
MVP

I made Ciopino last night for the fam. Clams, mussels, shrimp, and fish in a rich tomato broth made with leeks, celery, garlic, basil, olive oil, and diced maters. It was fantastic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1483.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	111833  
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:16 AM   #1837
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooge View Post
I made Ciopino last night for the fam. Clams, mussels, shrimp, and fish in a rich tomato broth made with leeks, celery, garlic, basil, olive oil, and diced maters. It was fantastic

That looks really good! I love ciopino.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #1838
MVP

Quote:
That looks really good! I love ciopino.
Thanks, so do I. I usually make it with some crab legs and a half a lobster tail or two, but it's damned good like this and I made the entire pot for $48, which isn't bad.
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #1839
"Think BOOM!"

Turkey meatballs, spag and marinara last night. I changed the meatballs a little, which the family seemed to enjoyed.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #1840
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Turkey meatballs, spag and marinara last night. I changed the meatballs a little, which the family seemed to enjoyed.

Did the panade work out, or did you have to scrap it?
Old 03-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #1841
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Did the panade work out, or did you have to scrap it?
That's actually for my Swedish meatballs, so I haven't tried that yet.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:31 PM   #1842
Scarlett Johansson's boytoy

made some enchiladas with leftover smoked brisket. delish.
mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.mikeyis4dcats. is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #1843
Cheat Death

Sausage fest today after hitting up the German neighborhood this morning. Couple German, Hungarian, and snack sausages along with some other goods.

Smoked em for around an hour at 200. Prost y'alles!

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #1844
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Sausage fest today after hitting up the German neighborhood this morning. Couple German, Hungarian, and snack sausages along with some other goods.

Holy shit.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:17 PM   #1845
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post

My god man. That looks ****ing glorious.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.