Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-08-2024, 09:55 PM   #18331
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Why?

So I have a question for the CP grilling/smoking afficionados here.

I see on food cooking shows, BBQ contest shows, and here on CP they cook pork spare ribs. Why? Also called St. Louis cut.

I'm a baby back snob myself. Have accidentally bought spare ribs and cooked them.

They're ok. But that end with the bone, that they make riblets with pisses me off.

So why do people prefer spare over baby back? Is it because they are more uniform and cook evenly together? Where as baby backs can have a larger side than the other.

So what's the reason CP experts? Try to convince me, please.

Go.
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 06:23 AM   #18332
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
So I have a question for the CP grilling/smoking afficionados here.

I see on food cooking shows, BBQ contest shows, and here on CP they cook pork spare ribs. Why? Also called St. Louis cut.

I'm a baby back snob myself. Have accidentally bought spare ribs and cooked them.

They're ok. But that end with the bone, that they make riblets with pisses me off.

So why do people prefer spare over baby back? Is it because they are more uniform and cook evenly together? Where as baby backs can have a larger side than the other.

So what's the reason CP experts? Try to convince me, please.

Go.
There's no right or wrong answer but parts of this link might help.

https://championshipcatering.com/rec...characteristic.

Quote:
What Makes Them Different?

Comparing St Louis-style ribs vs. baby back, the most apparent visual difference is the shape. St Louis ribs are flatter and straighter, whereas the baby back ribs are curved and shorter. Because the St Louis ribs are flatter and easier to brown and get just right on the grill, they can cook more evenly, which is excellent. They also have a more succulent and fattier characteristic. The fat is bursting with flavor, but there is meat there as well.

Baby back ribs vs. St Louis ribs give you a contest of fat versus meat. The baby back ribs are meaty, making them easier to marinate in any sauce. You have to be more selective with the St Louis ribs. The meaty rib is heartier and will fill you up faster, plus it is leaner and healthier for you. If you are looking to watch your figure and stick with a diet while still enjoying some delicious ribs, then the baby back ribs are the right choice.
I have moved from Baby Backs to St. Louis personally.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 06:35 AM   #18333
Politically Incorrect

For me it is a matter of quantity and flavor.

Baby backs are filet mignon and St Louis style are rib eyes.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-09-2024, 07:19 AM   #18334
MVP

For me #1 is price. Baby back can be easily double the price of spares. Back back are higher up on the rack and contain a portion of the loin which typically will make them a meatier rib. Which is why most people prefer them. Spares, whether they have been trimmed down to a STL trim, or just the bone removed, or the bone and ribs tips removed is my preference. If I can get 2 racks for the price of 1 back back rack, that's a no brainer to me.

I smoked a rack of STL yesterday for some family. I don't think they knew or gave a damn what cut they were. Only thing left was bones.

edit*
trimmings from spares always get smoked and thrown in beans.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2024, 03:55 PM   #18335
MVP

Ribs.
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 07-11-2024, 04:15 PM   #18336
pie is never free

Tom Yum ramen soup with shrimp and some leftover pork loin, sriracha, squeeze of lime, raw scallion for garnish
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 05:49 PM   #18337
Cheat Death

My neighbor who's off the boat Italian and genuinely hates everything has warmed up to me a bit and gave me some of his hand made sausage...and biscotti for morning coffee...both of which are straight fire

Anyway, finally got around to using the sausage on a homemade pizza, the other is a white pizza with green olives and a **** ton of garlic

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2024, 06:17 PM   #18338
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
My neighbor who's off the boat Italian and genuinely hates everything has warmed up to me a bit and gave me some of his hand made sausage...and biscotti for morning coffee...both of which are straight fire

Anyway, finally got around to using the sausage on a homemade pizza, the other is a white pizza with green olives and a **** ton of garlic

I'm a devout Carnivore so that legit Italian sausage looks and sounds incredible, but that white pizza sounds even better... loves me some green olives on pizza, briny salty tartness almost like a vegetarian anchovy

And you can never have too much garlic on a pizza
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2024, 06:48 PM   #18339
I am Number Six

Last night’s dinner was 8 oz. Sirloins, marinaded overnight, pan seared, and finished in the oven; garlic mashed potatoes, and garlic Parmesan asparagus.

Have to say I was pretty pleased with the results.
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan is too fat/Omaha.
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #18340
pie is never free

I am FEASTING this weekend

Tonight is a heaping catfish fritter basket from the local pub, with excellent potato salad, onion, tartar... and some fried green tomatoes I'll be making fresh

Tomorrow night is ribeye street tacos, picked up two big ones and they're going in an overnight marinade of OJ, fresh garlic, onion powder, cumin and oil... then getting flame grilled and chopped up

Topped with chipotle lime crema, cilantro and onion

Side of refries and Spanish rice
Old Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #18341

Mrs. GloryDayz and I are really enjoying learning how to cook on the new Blackstone. Tonight is easy, brats for a pool party, but the fried rice, bacon, and chicken breasts we've done have been a fun thing to learn..
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:21 PM   #18342
Politically Incorrect

Made a giant sandwich on Ciabatta loaf.

Prosciutto, mozzarella, roasted red peppers and arugula with a dressing of EVOO, balsamic vinegar, basil paste, garlic powder, salt and pepper whisked in small bowl and spread on both sides with silicone brush after removing excess dough.

Ate half and wrapped the other half for tomorrow. It was delicious.

Also had RAOs Italian wedding soup .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prosciutto Sandwich.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	127687  
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM   #18343
Ultrabanned

That looks fantastic scho
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM   #18344

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Made a giant sandwich on Ciabatta loaf.

Prosciutto, mozzarella, roasted red peppers and arugula with a dressing of EVOO, balsamic vinegar, basil paste, garlic powder, salt and pepper whisked in small bowl and spread on both sides with silicone brush after removing excess dough.

Ate half and wrapped the other half for tomorrow. It was delicious.

Also had RAOs Italian wedding soup .
WOW, AWESOME!
Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM   #18345
In Mahomes I trust!

The French dip tonight! Cut roast beef from the deli and provolone cheese as well. Fresh French bread and McCormick's Au Jus mix. Heat the roast beef in the oven in foil for 350 for 20 min. Meanwhile, heat Au Jus. On French bread spread Arby's Horsey sauce, add heated roast beef. Add the provolone cheese. place sandwich under the broiler for 1 1/2 minutes. Serve with Au Jus. Dip sandwich in Au Jus and enjoy!

Last edited by Stryker; Yesterday at 07:45 PM..
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.