Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:58 PM   #18196
www.nfl-forecast.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
And let me ask you this. People die from pneumonia every day which was caused by influenza, right?

If I called you today and said my spouse died, she was not feeling well, had been running a fever and a cough for the last week or so and had a heart attack are you going to assume Covid? As I understand it they aren't even testing that scenario they are just chalking it up to Covid when those very symptoms could have been influenza.
Do you not do 10 seconds of research before you spout off with your latest biased speculation?

That isn't how people of science operate. Coroners are only counting deaths as COVID19 related if there is a confirmed test. So many people who die of corona/flu symptoms, go untested and are not counted among the COVID19 death toll. Undoubtedly the corona death toll is under reported.

My 10 seconds of research:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/healt...nvs/index.html
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:09 AM   #18197
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
Do you not do 10 seconds of research before you spout off with your latest biased speculation?

That isn't how people of science operate. Coroners are only counting deaths as COVID19 related if there is a confirmed test. So many people who die of corona/flu symptoms, go untested and are not counted among the COVID19 death toll. Undoubtedly the corona death toll is under reported.

My 10 seconds of research:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/healt...nvs/index.html
But if someone is tested and comes back positive, then 10 days later dies, they are counted as a Covid death even if they would have died regardless. Saying you know for a fact the death toll is undercounted us as ridiculous as saying it's a fact that it is overcounted. We don't know. I'd GUESS it evens out in the end here in America. I'd also guess that in Italy the count is a bit over. This entire thing is complicated by the fact that the people dying are overwhelmingly at the far end of the spectrum. Elderly with underlying conditions are not necessarily long for this world as it is. That doesn't make it any less tragic that their lives were cut short even if that only means a matter of months instead of years.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 05:39 AM   #18198
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Dr. Fauci says US should be able to reopen schools in fall

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fau...school-in-fall
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:52 AM   #18199
The Maintenance Guy

Good lord, I would hope so.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:11 AM   #18200
Prestige Worldwide

If not, my wife will murder our kids.
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:13 AM   #18201
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
If not, my wife will murder our kids.
She wouldn't be the only one.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:23 AM   #18202
The Maintenance Guy

I don't see why we can't send their asses back in June. They had their summer vacation already.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:26 AM   #18203
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post

uhm yeah

if not, I'd better see a refund for all of those school taxes I pay
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:29 AM   #18204
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
uhm yeah

if not, I'd better see a refund for all of those school taxes I pay
Teachers are crying that they’re working harder now remotely than they were in the classrooms. That’s never gonna happen
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:36 AM   #18205
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I don't see why we can't send their asses back in June. They had their summer vacation already.
Over here they used snow days as a buffer during the transition to on line teaching. We haven’t had significant snow fall since February 2017
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:40 AM   #18206
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post

There is something wrong with that guy.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:43 AM   #18207
In Search of a Life

https://twitter.com/jdvance1/status/...867210756?s=21

Pretty good thread read on everything
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:52 AM   #18208
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
But if someone is tested and comes back positive, then 10 days later dies, they are counted as a Covid death even if they would have died regardless. Saying you know for a fact the death toll is undercounted us as ridiculous as saying it's a fact that it is overcounted. We don't know. I'd GUESS it evens out in the end here in America. I'd also guess that in Italy the count is a bit over. This entire thing is complicated by the fact that the people dying are overwhelmingly at the far end of the spectrum. Elderly with underlying conditions are not necessarily long for this world as it is. That doesn't make it any less tragic that their lives were cut short even if that only means a matter of months instead of years.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
I'd guess you are wrong, which is why every year confirmed cases of flu are lower than estimated deaths

It doesn't matter how old someone is, if Covid-19 contributed to their death, it is going on the death certificate as a contributing factor. This isnt any different than the way other conditions are documented on death certificates.

As for "natural causes", that is rarely going on a death certificate in the hospital, because in general contributing factors are known.

Sorry for belaboring the point, but it's tough for me to keep my mouth shut when this topic is being discussed
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 04-08-2020, 06:57 AM   #18209
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
Teachers are crying that they’re working harder now remotely than they were in the classrooms. That’s never gonna happen
I would have thought they'd be happier not having to face the little hellions every day
Old 04-08-2020, 07:00 AM   #18210
Reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
I would have thought they'd be happier not having to face the little hellions every day
If the parents have questions it leads to dealing with 30-40 emails a night with follow ups. They didn’t have to do that when they were doing the classrooms