Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2023, 10:01 AM  
In Search of a Life

Another top WR prospect working out with Mahomes today

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:35 PM   #166
Needs more middle fingers

What's maddening about Johnston is that the man is built like an NBA Small Forward, yet never uses that length at all. Everything is a freakin' body catch with that guy.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:36 PM   #167
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Have you seen his missed tackle rate compared to other recent WRs? It's ridiculously high. Like way higher than everybody else, including Lamb who was fantastic.

I think many of the people that don't like Johnston underestimate how good he is after the catch.

He does some of the little things Kelce does well too. He'll catch the ball with his back to the defender, manipulate them, then turn up the field really quick making them miss.
Kelce makes guys miss all the time, does anyone think he could outrun Johnston in a 40 right now?
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:36 PM   #168
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
What's maddening about Johnston is that the man is built like an NBA Small Forward, yet never uses that length at all. Everything is a freakin' body catch with that guy.
He actually doesn't body catch that often, it's why I think his drop issues is correctable.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:37 PM   #169
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Have you seen his missed tackle rate compared to other recent WRs? It's ridiculously high. Like way higher than everybody else, including Lamb who was fantastic.

I think many of the people that don't like Johnston underestimate how good he is after the catch.

He does some of the little things Kelce does well too. He'll catch the ball with his back to the defender, manipulate them, then turn up the field really quick making them miss.
We're back to missed tackle rates? You really want to do that again after all the time you spent pimping Moore's missed tackle rate last season and then stiff winds would knock him off his route at this level?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:37 PM   #170

Quote:
He'll catch the ball with his back to the defender, manipulate them, then turn up the field really quick making them miss.
That's kinda like his niche thing that he does. I'm just not sure how effective it'll be when the DB's are big enough and strong enough to wrap him up on those.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:37 PM   #171

Quote:
How far up would you be willing to move for say, Zay Flowers?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:38 PM   #172
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
We're back to missed tackle rates? You really want to do that again after all the time you spent pimping Moore's missed tackle rate last season and then stiff winds would knock him off his route at this level?
Ok lets relax Johnston didn't play in the MAC and also put those skills on display in the CFP.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:39 PM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
He actually doesn't body catch that often, it's why I think his drop issues is correctable.
Ohhh largely disagree there. He certainly lets the ball into his body way more than you'd like.

You wanna see him use that length like Mike Williams does, but even in jump ball situations he lets that mofo into his body and craddle catches it.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:39 PM   #174
Hockey Town

If Flowers gets into the 20s then it becomes what another team would want in my view.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:39 PM   #175
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Moore's also a much smaller guy.

I also think that's overblown because of the jets sweeps, which like returns are not something I think he does well or should even really be doing at all.

He was actually pretty good at making guys miss after the catch when he actually got the opportunity.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:40 PM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Ok see...Dotson is not a better prospect than some of these guys he'd be right in the group.

A lot of it is personal preference.
I found my pre-draft post from last year:

Quote:
I'm pretty down on London personally as well. Ultimately I have him where I have him more as an acknowledgement that I could be wrong more than anything. A lot of fairly smart people don't see the lack of separation I do. They see more fluidity than I see. Hell, they see the guy as a possible top 5 pick and the nearest thing we've had to Julio Jones in awhile.

So I'm splitting the baby.

Burks
London

Metchie
Dotson-------Would be fine taking at 50; value at the back of 2
Pickens

Pierce
Moore-------3rd round picks
I wouldn't put a single WR in this class in that first group. Though I'm also a little surprised I had Burks that high. I remember vacillating quite a bit on him. I wonder if I ended up moving him down later on.

But I think the guys being talked about here are all in that Dotson/Pickens tier from last season.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:41 PM   #177

Quote:
Lol.

I think that once a Zay Flowers falls into the 20's, i'd be fine with the Chiefs trading up for him.

I wouldn't trade up for any other WR though.

Zay Flowers is the modern Brandin Cooks, who i remember both of us being high on back in the day.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:41 PM   #178
Hockey Town

Also a lot of this debate is why if I was a GM I'd probably take Addison he's a much much safer prospect. I'd say at worst Addison is a solid #2 that is very reliable, moves the chains and averages 75-1000-5
Old 04-19-2023, 02:42 PM   #179
Hockey Town

Quote:
Lol.

I think that once a Zay Flowers falls into the 20's, i'd be fine with the Chiefs trading up for him.

Zay Flowers is the modern Brandin Cooks, who i remember both of us being high on back in the day.
To be fair that is his most fair comparison.
Old 04-19-2023, 02:42 PM   #180

Quote:
Lol.

That'll cost you at least a 3rd rounder.

I'm saving that 3rd and using it to move up in the 2nd.