Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-19-2022, 12:06 PM  
"Think BOOM!"

Oppenheimer

I'm in.

Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-06-2023, 12:24 PM   #166
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I disagree but that's largely a personal opinion. I had no idea how much American industry and money was behind mustache man until about 5 years ago. The eugenics movement here in the states was very supportive. Americans were actively seeding these ideas in Germany.

There were no innocents in that war...
The Allied command actually had the Pilecki report in 1943 and had been receiving news of it before that as Pilecki had infiltrated Auschwitz in a gambit to see if he could recruit soldiers in the prison camp for the Polish resistance.

They didn't believe it because they couldn't fathom how a country could dedicate that much manpower and resources to such an endeavor while in the midst of a major war.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-06-2023, 10:44 PM   #167
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I disagree but that's largely a personal opinion. I had no idea how much American industry and money was behind mustache man until about 5 years ago. The eugenics movement here in the states was very supportive. Americans were actively seeding these ideas in Germany.

There were no innocents in that war...
Yep. There are a lot of American corporations who have gone to significant lengths to obfuscate their projects in the 1930's.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 02-08-2024 at 05:12 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2023, 08:47 AM   #168
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Chief View Post
It is in Supernova. That and Blueprint for Armageddon are quite gripping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Blueprint was the first time I listened to Carlin. That’s probably my favorite podcast ever.
I listen to Blueprint about once a year; think I've gotten through it 3 times.

I tried to get through Catastrophe: 1914 by Max Hastings and man, it's just so damn dry. It's a slog that's taken me several years and I'm maybe halfway through.

Carlin gives you a lot of the same information (less detail) but in a much more digestible format.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2023, 11:05 AM   #169
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I listen to Blueprint about once a year; think I've gotten through it 3 times.

I tried to get through Catastrophe: 1914 by Max Hastings and man, it's just so damn dry. It's a slog that's taken me several years and I'm maybe halfway through.

Carlin gives you a lot of the same information (less detail) but in a much more digestible format.
LOL

Come drive tractor. I blew through Catastrophe on your recommendation. No problem. It was only 25 hours on Audible. I liked it well enough I listened to Inferno on WWII by Hastings.

I listened to Rise and Fall of the Third Reich because Carlin referenced it a bunch. That mother****er was 57 hours long. That took a bit. Really ****ing good. But damn was it a lot.

Blueprint was good for me because it was my first exposure to Carlin and I barely remembered anything about WWI from school. And Carlin hit all the right buttons to make it just ****ing awesome. I was in. All the way in. Carlin is a ****ing wizard. I've went back and listened to most of it. I still have a few to get through, but after I finish, I should probably re-listen to Blueprint to see how it holds up after I opened my eyes to the Carlin type history and listened to a bunch of books.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:14 PM   #170
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Yeah, I'm gonna have to find that. Not sure if it exists in Kindle form but it's not at either library I have online so I may need to head into the building for a paper copy.

Try Gladwell's Bomber Mafia - audible if possible because it's better as listened than as read because he splices in actual interviews, etc...

The description of the firebombing and Japans reaction is amazing. I'll have to see if Carlin has something on it - I wonder if it's in Supernova. I never finished that series so I probably should
Thanks for this.

Breezed through it this morning. Really great listen. And a bunch of truly fascinating stuff.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:46 PM   #171
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

Man... Florence Pugh needs to not go down this road she seems to be going down.

BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:47 PM   #172

BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-02-2024, 07:52 PM   #173

Ugh...

Old 02-06-2024, 04:19 PM   #174
Live free or die hard

Finally got around to watching this and was completely underwhelmed. It wasn't bad but did not get near techie enough for my taste.

6/10
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.