Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2024, 02:41 PM  
Starter

Where does Simone Biles rank?

Where does Simone Biles rank among the best American athletes ever? She’s literally reset the bar for the entire sport. Mahomes level except she’s done it for over a decade and against the world. Who is better? She has multiple routines named after her. Largest margin of victory. She jumps like 12 feet over routine. The oldest to win the all around in 72 years. I don’t know how to do polls, but even if I did what choices would he in the poll? I have two daughters in gymnastics and they both want to be her (obviously not relevant to my question but it’s nice as a dad to see them strive to beat her).
Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Mizzou_8541 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Today, 12:21 PM   #166
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Cp to the rescue yet again in defense of women's sports

Twisties and clinical depression are the same? I've heard it all now...good lord
I told'em bro. I can lead these ho's to water, but I can't make'em think.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #167
No Keys, No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
Twisties is a symptom of mental health issues such as stress and anxiety. You're being extremely narrow in your definition of what constitutes mental health.
You or anybody can call it whatever you want. We cannot be so obtuse, either, as to say any problem we mentally face is a "Mental Health" to conflate it with something serious as clinical depression.
Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Garcia Bronco has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:32 PM   #168
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
I'm glade she got help 4 years ago and was able to compete at this Olympics at such a high level.

What just REALLY bothers me is if the reports are correct, she knew it was a very high chance of dropping out and had been dealing with the metal aspect for awhile. Instead of dropping out allowing another person to take her place thus helping the TEAM, she waited until it was to late for a replacement and basicaaly screwed over the USA team.
This is like saying Mahomes should have just sat out and let Henne take over in the 2023 Super Bowl run rather than trying to push through his ankle sprain.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #169
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
She choked pretty bad in 2020-2021 Tokyo Olympics. Phelps never blew it like that during his prime years.
Then she blamed mental health.

Phelps is ahead of her.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:36 PM   #170
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Cp to the rescue yet again in defense of women's sports

Twisties and clinical depression are the same? I've heard it all now...good lord
Mental health can't be questioned!
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:00 PM   #171
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
This is like saying Mahomes should have just sat out and let Henne take over in the 2023 Super Bowl run rather than trying to push through his ankle sprain.

Not exactly. For one, this greatly minimizes the danger we are told she would have been putting herself in by competing compared to Mahomes. I can buy that the twisties is dangerous though and that’s fine. But, by her competing she kept someone off the team entirely. She competed in one event in the team final, did poorly and got a silver out of it that someone else could have gotten.

I’m not going to just say it was completely selfish or anything because maybe she had a chance to work through it but it is still a valid criticism that she wasn’t able to finish. Calling it a mental health issue isn’t a shield that absolves her of any criticism at all or for not being able to take that performance into account when discussing greatest athlete ever.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #172
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Not really. There was always the option of Henne coming in to play if Mahomes couldn't fight through the injury. It would be an accurate comparison is Mahomes would have driven the backup QBs to the bus station and put them all on a bus to Argentina the night before the game and then decided he wasn't going to play.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:29 PM   #173
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Everyone goes through stress and anxiety. It's not unique.
There is a difference between having anxiety in the office and having anxiety from a near death experience that has you terrified about going on top of a scaffold. So yes, it is unique. I’m sure you wouldn’t push a ski jumper or downhill skier to just power through it if they know something is off.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:38 PM   #174
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
I'm glade she got help 4 years ago and was able to compete at this Olympics at such a high level.

What just REALLY bothers me is if the reports are correct, she knew it was a very high chance of dropping out and had been dealing with the metal aspect for awhile. Instead of dropping out allowing another person to take her place thus helping the TEAM, she waited until it was to late for a replacement and basicaaly screwed over the USA team.
It’s a fair question but from what I remember she knew she had to drop out when she went through a practice routine and something was completely off on a specific routine. And even still, you can tell by the discourse on this topic that if she did proactively drop out people would have called her a quitter or soft or a letdown to her country. She would be roasted even worse if she chose not to power through it. I mean, look at the hard time people gave to Naomi Osaka who had severe social anxiety yet was forced to do all these pressers.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:42 PM   #175
In Search of a Life

Also keep in mind that this mental health issue we are talking about involved US gymnastics protecting a monster who abused her and was a serial abuser to many other gymnasts. That loomed very large in the last Olympics. That is unique to this situation and is absolutely a reasonable excuse for not being in the right headspace. Just to clarify that it wasn’t just casual stress any athlete might experience.
Old Today, 01:56 PM   #176
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 View Post
Where does Simone Biles rank among the best American athletes ever? She’s literally reset the bar for the entire sport. Mahomes level except she’s done it for over a decade and against the world. Who is better? She has multiple routines named after her. Largest margin of victory. She jumps like 12 feet over routine. The oldest to win the all around in 72 years. I don’t know how to do polls, but even if I did what choices would he in the poll? I have two daughters in gymnastics and they both want to be her (obviously not relevant to my question but it’s nice as a dad to see them strive to beat her).
I can't put a gymnast, even Biles, over any major team sport hall of famer.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.