Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2024, 07:35 AM  
Veteran

Let's talk about the Ravens (2024 Kickoff Edition)

We're past the 53 man cut-down, both our rosters are for the most part set in stone. It's time to talk real football.

Ravens lost a few players on defense this offseason, but acquired Henry. LJ has been talking big about how much weight he's lost this offseason to be faster than ever, I suppose. Don't know much about their draft, but the Ravens traditionally draft well so I'll assume the same this year.

We're likely down Hollywood Brown, but no other major injuries.

What say you, CP?

Last edited by Bl00dyBizkitz; 08-28-2024 at 07:48 AM..
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 12:01 PM   #166
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
I think he just means that’s who they’ll use to cover Kelce, Rice and Worthy. Don’t think he’s meaning it as they’re better than.
Well that's what it means so he should edit it
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #167
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan View Post
I think he just means that’s who they’ll use to cover Kelce, Rice and Worthy. Don’t think he’s meaning it as they’re better than.
Yup. Just edited it bc PGM has no reading comprehension
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:05 PM   #168
Consuming CP souls

That's better.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 12:51 PM   #169
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Yup. Just edited it bc PGM has no reading comprehension
That's the way I saw it at first too. I was like WTF?
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 01:04 PM   #170
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post
Jon Gruden looks like Frank Caliendo impersonating Jon Gruden
Was immediately what I thought looking at the post.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 01:47 PM   #171
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
Ravens will throw out everything to get this dub. They had all offseason to stew over us taking their lunch money, and then winning the SB. I wouldn’t put anything past them in this one. Honestly almost bet we see Henry throw a pass into the EZ.

They tried to bully us in the AFCCG, and got punched in the mouth. They will want this badly.
Yep. They are coming in full of piss and vinegar. We don't match that energy, we are going to get punched in the nose.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:35 PM   #172

Wait...the Ravens don't even know who their starting O-line is yet?

wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:40 PM   #173
MVP

I have a feeling that Andy Reid is gonna show Xavier Worthy off and he's going over 100 yds this game.

Chiefs win 42-21.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Today, 02:43 PM   #174
MVP

They have a new QB converted to WR. Beware the bird
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #175
I'll be back.

Jones coming out like the Rancor folks.

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #176
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I have a feeling that Andy Reid is gonna show Xavier Worthy off and he's going over 100 yds this game.

Chiefs win 42-21.
I realize Worthy is a higher draft pick and a better athlete, but I also remember how frustratingly few snaps Rice was getting at the start of his rookie year. (Even though those snaps were productive.)

I hope the optimists are right.

I'll believe when I see it.

Having Brown out should give him more chances..., but Rice was the best looking WR last year and his early snaps were limited.

Of course, Worthy might be able to get 100 yards on three receptions.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I realize Worthy is a higher draft pick and a better athlete, but I also remember how frustratingly few snaps Rice was getting at the start of his rookie year. (Even though those snaps were productive.)

I hope the optimists are right.

I'll believe when I see it.
I don't remember Rashee getting the hype and usage all through camp his rookie year. I also think his role might require more experience and learning and getting on the same page with Mahomes than the role Xavier Worthy would seem to be in. Rashee has to do some Kelce like things and find open space, etc. Worthy seems more like he's going all out to get down field in a hurry. It's also been a different energy from Mahomes when discussing Worthy, and it seems like he really has gone out of his way to hit the deep shots to him throughout camp and preseason.

All that said, you could still end up being right. Just laying out a case for things being different. I remember DeSean Jackson took zero time to get going in Reid's offense.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #178
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I also just disagree with the idea that this version of Derrick Henry drastically changes the way you defend the Ravens. It does not.

They're still going to be a run-heavy team. They're still going to zone read and use Lamar as a weapon on the back side of it. They're still going to play action off of it and try to hit the TEs.

You defend it all the same way.

Henry is still a good player, but he does not have the same pop/explosion he used to have. I actually don't fear him running wide out of the pistol or shotgun nearly as much as I would a smaller, quicker back who is better at stop-start (IE Keaton Mitchell).

I also don't know if I believe that defense is quite as good. Geno Stone was a nice third safety and takes away some of their flexibility (much more predictable when Hamilton is playing nickel now, as they don't have that proven 3rd safety who can do everything). Patrick Queen wasn't THE guy but is being replaced by an unproven player in Trenton Simpson. Clowney was a strong run defender who is gone now, and the starting OLBs are Oweh and Kyle Van Noy.

Throw on top of it a first-time DC who literally has NEVER called a defense in his career, and I just don't see them matching up well with the Chiefs.

I'm excited for it. Think we'll see the common early formula against the Ravens... Chiefs get out to an early two-score lead, stretch it to 3 scores in the second half, and then it ends up looking closer than it was in the final score.

And teams have adjusted to the Ravens attack. What you cannot do is sit back and try to read what they are doing on offense. Attack, shoot through gaps, anything but being passive.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 03:04 PM   #179

Official Injury Reports! We're so close.

Old Today, 03:05 PM   #180
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Historically, rookie WRs in Andy's offense start the year with a sub-package of plays, about 15-20, iirc from some presser a couple seasons ago. Which is why during 2-minute or 4-minute or hurry-up situations rookie WRs go in and out so much. They don't know all the plays.

After that, assuming the rook masters each install adequately, he gets another 15 plays or so a week, or every two weeks. Which explains why rookie WRs don't see a ton of targets early.

If Andy hasn't changed the way he does things(and I don't see any reason why he would), I think Worthy will get some targets, but he's not going to start the season with loads of them through the first few weeks. Probably more like 4-5/gm at first.

And he's going to get a couple lay-ups in there to start. A short quick in/out, a drag, a screen, something along those lines. Something to get him started. Same as both Moore and KT when they first showed up.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.