Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM  
In Search of a Life

2019 Free agency Thread

We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:42 PM   #1696
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
The problem is we are already paying a guy for that spot.
True, but can he be counted on? I think we all don’t believe he can any longer.

The thing for me is I would much rather pay Collins, a player who could potentially be great to elite in this defense based on recent history, than to overpay up for a decent corner who won’t ever be much more than above average. And that’s how the CB market feels right now. I felt the same way about Watkins last year. If I’m gonna buy in FA and overpay like many teams do, give me someone who is a true game changer.

I see the $$ going to the safety position primarily.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #1697
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Derwin James and Jamal Adams played the majority of their 2018 snaps in the box. So you can’t tell me that there’s no value in that style of player.
Derwin James is outstanding in coverage. He is a baller. Landon Collins? Not so much

Give Honey Badger $$. He’s a younger Earl Thomas caliber player.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #1698
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
So you’re admitting that he’s worth more than that?

If he’s so limited like some of you suggest, why would he get much more?
You have me confused with someone. I never made any argument of the sort. He's worth whatever the market dictates he's worth, which is likely in the $15M range or higher.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #1699
The man you could post like.

Quote:
True, but can he be counted on? I think we all don’t believe he can any longer.

The thing for me is I would much rather pay Collins, a player who could potentially be great to elite in this defense based on recent history, than to overpay up for a decent corner who won’t ever be much more than above average. And that’s how the CB market feels right now. I felt the same way about Watkins last year. If I’m gonna buy in FA and overpay like many teams do, give me someone who is a true game changer.

I see the $$ going to the safety position primarily.
No thanks. Not interested in shelling out over 20 million yo the box safety position.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:46 PM   #1700

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Because once you hit the market, you're worth what the bidding puts you at.

Was Sammy Watkins worth what we paid last year? Before he signed it, would you have been ok with that? Once you get in the market, shit gets crazy.
This.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #1701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post

Just imagine paying 12m per to a safety that can't cover.

Please no.
Where did this "He can't cover" shit come from? Is there numbers to back this up or is this the latest rhetoric?
Old 03-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #1702
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Derwin James is outstanding in coverage. He is a baller. Landon Collins? Not so much

Not sure why you're so high on Mathieu? He's not the player he was a few years ago.

He's strictly a FS at this point and not even that great of one, he got beat repeatedly in coverage last year.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:48 PM   #1703
It's just a ride.

Quote:
Derwin James and Jamal Adams played the majority of their 2018 snaps in the box. So you can’t tell me that there’s no value in that style of player.
Neither of those two are your typical box safeties. You can ask them to play the slot, free, or even outside as a boundary corner with practically no drop off.

Collins will get abused by good teams manipulating him into coverage. It's bound to happen and we will complain about it when it does.
Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #1704
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

Honey Badger got absolutely worked in the playoff game against the Colts. I’m not in love with that idea either considering his injury history.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #1705

Reminds me of when everyone labeled Berry a Box Safety. Or how People talk about James as a Box Safety. Dafuq.

Just because a guy can tackle and thump doesn't make him just a box safety.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #1706

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
Not sure why you're so high on Mathieu? He's not the player he was a few years ago.

He's strictly a FS at this point and not even that great of one, he got beat repeatedly in coverage last year.
For real.

I wish he'd drop the Mathieu crap.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:49 PM   #1707
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
The problem is we are already paying a guy for that spot.
This.

Until they move on from Eric Berry, signing a guy like Collins is not only expensive but redundantly expensive.

They REALLY need a FS and it's not a great market for them. Earl Thomas is obviously great IF he's healthy but breaking the leg in the same place twice is a big red flag.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #1708
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
You have me confused with someone. I never made any argument of the sort. He's worth whatever the market dictates he's worth, which is likely in the $15M range or higher.
My apologies, I’ve seen so much of it that a lot blends in.

I can’t imagine him getting $15M but if so, yeah no thanks.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #1709
In Search of a Life

If you're going to pay that much for a safety, go pay Earl, give him some stem cells and HGH and hold your breath.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #1710
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Reminds me of when everyone labeled Berry a Box Safety. Or how People talk about James as a Box Safety. Dafuq.

Just because a guy can tackle and thump doesn't make him just a box safety.
He doesn't cover well.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.