Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:31 AM   #16681
MONTANA #19

Went and bought a couple months worth of groceries on Friday. I'm not leaving the house until I run out (other than mowing). We gotta get this shit over with so we can lick our wounds and get back to some semblance of normal. Today I canceled a Vegas vacation that was originally scheduled for the last week in May and found out that the latest the f'ing airline would let us reschedule it is October 27 of this year (we wanted to reschedule to a year from now and Allegiant requires you to complete all rescheduled travel one year from the booking date, not one year from the travel date WTF?)....so on a selfish level and because I fear for the health of my traveling companions (my dad and uncle are over 70), hopefully things are back to normal by late October.
arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.arrowheadnation Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 06:36 AM   #16682
In Search of a Life

What You Should Know Before You Need a Ventilator

it breaks my heart that Americans who get sick enough to need them won’t know what desperate situations they face, nor will they understand what ventilators can do to help, and what they can never fix.

As hard as the facts may be, knowledge will make us less afraid.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/o...gtype=Homepage
Loneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliLoneiguana 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-05-2020, 06:50 AM   #16683
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post

it breaks my heart that Americans who get sick enough to need them won’t know what desperate situations they face, nor will they understand what ventilators can do to help, and what they can never fix.

Too bad the info is behind a pay wall.

Edit: Oops, it's just a registration wall.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:10 AM   #16684

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneiguana View Post

An important article. Saw some data early on that the Chinese provided that 80% of patients who went on a ventilator did not survive. Eight years ago my dad was put on a ventilator. At first we felt some relief because him gasping for air had seemed so much more miserable and desperate. But the ventilator meant his body didn't have to work to get oxygen, and every day he became more dependent on it. After he had been on for awhile the discussions turned to if he did survive and somehow get off the damn thing, what would his quality of life be like? Full time care in a home for a guy that was still in his 60s? He didn't make it, and we never got to say goodbye. Just the thought of that machine evokes emotions, anger, and fear in me to this day.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:44 AM   #16685
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowheadnation View Post
Went and bought a couple months worth of groceries on Friday. I'm not leaving the house until I run out (other than mowing). We gotta get this shit over with so we can lick our wounds and get back to some semblance of normal. Today I canceled a Vegas vacation that was originally scheduled for the last week in May and found out that the latest the f'ing airline would let us reschedule it is October 27 of this year (we wanted to reschedule to a year from now and Allegiant requires you to complete all rescheduled travel one year from the booking date, not one year from the travel date WTF?)....so on a selfish level and because I fear for the health of my traveling companions (my dad and uncle are over 70), hopefully things are back to normal by late October.
May as well wait until the NFL schedule comes out to rebook now.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:52 AM   #16686
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
True that it isn't definitive. I think it's highly likely but that's mostly a guess.

What do you think the R0 for Covid-19 is? Actually, let me specify... what do you think the R0 factor in the US was before social distancing? My (complete guess here) thought is that it was around 3, possibly even 3.5.

On a related note, we have 310k+ confirmed cases, what do you think the actual number of cases is? I realize this is almost completely a guess.
I'd lean on the guesses of statisticians and epidemiologists. Nate Silver wrote a very in depth article about case load a few days ago. He put the R0 at 2.6 before distancing, but it was just a hypothesis based upon an average between WHO and the Imperial College of London's data. Case load is notoriously difficult to know (and highly dependent upon who is tested and how many). He put the US in the middle of the pack (Norway good, the UK a disaster). Anything there is just pulling numbers out of a hat.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:04 AM   #16687
Supporter

When did St. Louis go on lock down? Same time as KC?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #16688
Supporter

Well, according to the NY Times's tracker, the case growth in Kansas City has slowed a lot. Jackson County overall though not so much.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:10 AM   #16689
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
I think the bottom line is anyone hoping for some quick miracle fix to this should watch a movie. It is simply going to take time for us to beat this which is why it is so important we practice social distancing so the peak isn't as bad as it could be because there is simply no way to stop this anytime soon we can only slow it down.
Watched I Am Legend last night... is that what you mean?
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:13 AM   #16690
The Beast Inside Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Watched I Am Legend last night... is that what you mean?
I think he means something more like War Of The Worlds. Just think being immune to all this shit saves us from alien invasions.
BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigCatDaddy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:16 AM   #16691
The talking stonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post

100K dead, a lot more will fight for their life but survive. We will all probably know someone before this is all over.
Where are you seeing this? All of the charts I’m seeing have the world well under 100,000 still. Are you just grasping onto the projections or where did you get that number from?
POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.POND_OF_RED wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:17 AM   #16692
Supporter

NY's first report is 594 new deaths
Old 04-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #16693
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrwheader View Post
Congress needs to pass legislation on it. No reason companies should be able to collect data on you without your knowing consent and sell it without you at least knowing where it is going at the minimum. Some think they should pay you when they sell it as well. Idk but I think we have the right to know where our data is and who's buying it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Have you actually ever read the licensing agreements for software that you use, or do you just automatically click "Accept"? When you click "Accept", you gave your consent; you can't force people to actually read what they are signing digitally.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:44 AM   #16694
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
NY's first report is 594 new deaths
But how many are really due to CV-19?

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/c...h6Dpa1NXMMkqEE
RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.RedRaider56 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:45 AM   #16695
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider56 View Post
But how many are really due to CV-19?

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/c...h6Dpa1NXMMkqEE
This is rather irrelevant. If they are getting counted they are getting counted. Whether they should be or not I agree is a fair debate but right now it's rather irrelevant.