Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:37 PM   #16666
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
It's a two day old article that hasn't been referenced anywhere else with an n of 60. I wouldn't be drawing very firm conclusions from this.
What does the bolded mean?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 10:39 PM   #16667
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
What does the bolded mean?
Their sample size was 60. Well-designed, randomized clinical trials will have thousands of patients in their sample as it increases precision, and strengthens your predictions by surpassing what is called predictive power.

If you've seen any commercials for Entresto, (it's a medication used for heart failure), the Phase III trial that it used for FDA approval had a randomized group of over 8000 patients allotted to use either it or another drug called enalapril. The gulf in data between a trial that size and a collection of 60 blood donors without randomization could be measured in parsecs.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:41 PM   #16668
Andy Reid Supporter

Not sure if posted but this looks like it could speed things up.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:03 PM   #16669
In Search of a Life

How are they actually coding deaths? I see some stuff about dying with and dying from. That seems to be an issue
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:33 PM   #16670
I’m a Mahomo!

KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 11:55 PM   #16671
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
This virus can F off and die.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:33 AM   #16672
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
We don't really know if viral dosage plays a role or not. That's an operating hypothesis, but it's not definitive.

Regarding healthcare workers, over 60 physicians in Italy have died of COVID-19. Of those, about 38% were GPs and would not have been performing intubations or other aerosolizing procedures that would induce a large viral load into the air, which potentially complicates the theory that initial viral load determines your clinical course.
True that it isn't definitive. I think it's highly likely but that's mostly a guess.

What do you think the R0 for Covid-19 is? Actually, let me specify... what do you think the R0 factor in the US was before social distancing? My (complete guess here) thought is that it was around 3, possibly even 3.5.

On a related note, we have 310k+ confirmed cases, what do you think the actual number of cases is? I realize this is almost completely a guess.
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:02 AM   #16673
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Two of my brothers are big time into tech. I mean, big time, huge bucks, big time positions.

Both of them have said to me in the last year that "even though it's not generally disclosed, but everyone has your data. After these companies have used said data to their own ends, they sell it".

I used to care but lately, I've just moved on to more important things because there's no use in fighting it or being upset.

This is way beyond Big Brother or anything anyone like HG Wells, Aldous Huxley and/or George Orwell could have predicted.
Congress needs to pass legislation on it. No reason companies should be able to collect data on you without your knowing consent and sell it without you at least knowing where it is going at the minimum. Some think they should pay you when they sell it as well. Idk but I think we have the right to know where our data is and who's buying it.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:20 AM   #16674
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrwheader View Post
Congress needs to pass legislation on it. No reason companies should be able to collect data on you without your knowing consent and sell it without you at least knowing where it is going at the minimum. Some think they should pay you when they sell it as well. Idk but I think we have the right to know where our data is and who's buying it.

This conversation is a bit too political for this thread but for the most part we do consent. It's all there in the open, we just choose convenience over diligence. If you'd like to discuss more, start a thread in DC before we sidetrack this one.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.AustinChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:27 AM   #16675
I don’t care for Auburn

Looks like France is getting ****ed hard by this thing right now.
RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.RollChiefsRoll threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:43 AM   #16676
I’m a Mahomo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll View Post
Looks like France is getting ****ed hard by this thing right now.

I’m afraid the next 2 weeks in the US could be scary.
KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.KChiefs1 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:44 AM   #16677
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinChief View Post
This conversation is a bit too political for this thread but for the most part we do consent. It's all there in the open, we just choose convenience over diligence. If you'd like to discuss more, start a thread in DC before we sidetrack this one.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
True. With all the fine print we accept, Im more in the camp we get notified if they sell it. That's all I'll say here but it's an Interesting topic of conversation.

arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.arrwheader is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-05-2020, 01:54 AM   #16678
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KChiefs1 View Post
I’m afraid the next 2 weeks in the US could be scary.
I think we'll be OK. One of our big advantages for this situation is that our people were already spread out in the first place with suburbs and whatnot. New York is pretty unique compared to other cities around the country.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:56 AM   #16679
Woman should only make babies

It seems like the days are taking long right now as well. Enough things can change in two weeks where look great then we look doomed then we look ok but our economy is ****ed then the economy is ok but everyone in New York dies.
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:19 AM   #16680
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

New Orleans area's coronavirus death rate is highest in US, data show

Https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-orlea...n-us-data-show
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.