Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-25-2024, 03:01 PM  
Starter

Report: Justin Jefferson Potentially on the Trade Block

Last edited by SHOWTIME; 02-26-2024 at 08:30 AM..
SHOWTIME has disabled reputation
Old 02-26-2024, 11:27 AM   #151
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I'd prefer to not have to pay for ANY top of the market free agent deals at any position. Every time you have to do that, it creates an issue with your overall roster.

If you're going to do second deals on players, it's best to do it on your own guys that you KNOW fit your team's needs and culture.

Big money free agent deals are still a roll of the dice, and often don't move the needle as much as people think. How many Super Bowls has Davante Adams won with the Raiders? Hill with the Dolphins? Diggs with the Bills?

No, I'd much rather invest draft capital in growing our own. If they're good, pay them that second contract, knowing it's a good investment, not hoping.

Thuney's great, but is now overpaid. Taylor is so far, an overpay, but the position was necessary because we'd struck out on drafting one.

I view big money free agents as a necessity when you've been unsuccessful in drafting and developing your own at that position.
Well......our WR room is pretty barren and hasn't been much drafted there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 11:29 AM   #152
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Exactly.

Would he break the receiving records here? Maybe, although I remain skeptical that Mahomes would ever force feed a guy.

But the cost is too much. The days of mortgaging the future for individual players is done until we are looking for the next QB of the franchise, at the earliest.
If it's two 1's, I'd do it.

Anything more and I'm just not interested. He's great, but outside of QB, there's not enough value
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:29 AM   #153
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

And I'm more inclined to pay for OT than WR.

WR is a position you'll have better success cobbling together (especially with this QB). If you try to work around OT in the fly in-season, you're probably boned if it doesn't work out.

People forget that the OT position is probably what got Reid fired in Philly. The year those tackles got hurt was the year his entire team came crashing down. I just don't think that's something we need to risk at this point.

Now as for OG - I don't think we'll continue to see large sums of money spent on the IOL going forward. But we were completely rebuilding the OL in a single off-season and a steady through-put was necessary. That's why I think we'll probably see a 2nd day IOL taken this year - we don't want to find ourselves in that position again.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:30 AM   #154
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmhawk View Post
eventually KC is going to have to get serious about finding a replacement for Kelce as our true #1 pass catcher.
I agree. But when Kelce is still around, and Rice is emerging, it's time to make calculated moves to add that guy, add someone who can contribute now and potentially develop into that true #1 type of receiver.\

Trading big capital like Jefferson would take for a receiver is the type of desperation move you make when you're, you know, desperate. Not when you're coming off back-to-back SB wins and need to improve but are far from desperate.

It would be equivalent, rougly, to giving old man Von Miller a huge deal, and then restructuring it after the first year. Desperate move, and if it doesn't work at all, it totally screws you for 2-3 years.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:35 AM   #155
Hockey Town

Jefferson is great but for the team we are trading high picks for the right to break the WR bank seems kinda short sighted.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:37 AM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
And I'm more inclined to pay for OT than WR.

WR is a position you'll have better success cobbling together (especially with this QB). If you try to work around OT in the fly in-season, you're probably boned if it doesn't work out.

People forget that the OT position is probably what got Reid fired in Philly. The year those tackles got hurt was the year his entire team came crashing down. I just don't think that's something we need to risk at this point.

Now as for OG - I don't think we'll continue to see large sums of money spent on the IOL going forward. But we were completely rebuilding the OL in a single off-season and a steady through-put was necessary. That's why I think we'll probably see a 2nd day IOL taken this year - we don't want to find ourselves in that position again.
I probably agree, but the WR can't have another year like this. They've gotta get the offense back to all systems go.

Kelce is a year or two away from being done.

I also think they're more aggressive than we as a board are. They wanted to break Trent Williams off. They wanted to pay Tyreek. Wanted to trade for Aj Brown. They wanted to trade up last year.

The tea leaves seem to say they're gonna be aggressive in terms of adding weapons this year. I dont' think it will be Jefferson, I don't think he's really on the market.

But nothing would shock me at this point.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:39 AM   #157

Hell man, if I'm making a big trade with the Vikings - someone tell me why I shouldn't target Darrisaw instead of Jefferson?

1st and a 2 next year? Am I okay with that? Yeah - I think I might be.

It speaks to Duncan's opportunity cost point. That's capital that can go to a LOT of different places and if I'm picking spots to dump that capital, give me the young pass-blocking OT that I can sign for 5 years and forget about.

I'd take that over a WR.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:39 AM   #158
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Well......our WR room is pretty barren and hasn't been much drafted there.
Is it really?

Looks to me like we have an easy to project 1000 yard receiver about to enter his second year.

and while other than that it hasn't worked out as hoped, we have used two #2's and a #3 on the position the last two years.

Prior to that, you have to look at Hardman what, 6 years ago?

So yeah, looks like we need to keep investing in the WR room, but we don't need to spend multiple #1's PLUS $30m per. A Mooney at $8m-$10m per and a top 64 probably has us in a good place. And we can still afford whatever other pieces we want to keep.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:40 AM   #159
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I agree. But when Kelce is still around, and Rice is emerging, it's time to make calculated moves to add that guy, add someone who can contribute now and potentially develop into that true #1 type of receiver.\

Trading big capital like Jefferson would take for a receiver is the type of desperation move you make when you're, you know, desperate. Not when you're coming off back-to-back SB wins and need to improve but are far from desperate.

It would be equivalent, rougly, to giving old man Von Miller a huge deal, and then restructuring it after the first year. Desperate move, and if it doesn't work at all, it totally screws you for 2-3 years.
I’d give what we got for Tyreek for Jefferson.

But that’s irrelevant since Minnesota will get more than that.

I’m fine with grabbing an Alpha in this draft like Nabers or Adonai Mitchell.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:41 AM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I probably agree, but the WR can't have another year like this. They've gotta get the offense back to all systems go.

Kelce is a year or two away from being done.

I also think they're more aggressive than we as a board are. They wanted to break Trent Williams off. They wanted to pay Tyreek. Wanted to trade for Aj Brown. They wanted to trade up last year.

The tea leaves seem to say they're gonna be aggressive in terms of adding weapons this year. I dont' think it will be Jefferson, I don't think he's really on the market.

But nothing would shock me at this point.
They won't.

Toney, Moore and MVS all taking a step back is just not something that I think's going to happen very often. Our cheap veteran flyer getting injured immediately and essentially being taken out of the rotation isn't going to happen very often.

I mean NOTHING worked to script.

And when just the tiniest little bit did (MVS and Hardman being playable in the post-season) we were at worst a good offense. Not a great one, but a good one.

That's really all we needed. A couple playable guys. I just don't think it's likely that everything goes tits up like that again. That was a perfect storm of suck.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:43 AM   #161
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
They won't.

Toney, Moore and MVS all taking a step back is just not something that I think's going to happen very often. Our cheap veteran flyer getting injured immediately and essentially being taken out of the rotation isn't going to happen very often.

I mean NOTHING worked to script.

And when just the tiniest little bit did (MVS and Hardman being playable in the post-season) we were at worst a good offense. Not a great one, but a good one.

That's really all we needed. A couple playable guys. I just don't think it's likely that everything goes tits up like that again. That was a perfect storm of suck.
If the idea is we aren’t going to pay free agent WRs that are good then we need to draft more than 1 good WR in the last 6 years.

What happened wasn’t surprising at all.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:44 AM   #162
Veteran

While I'm not in favor of trading for Jefferson I don't think its that big of a stretch that some make it out to be.

Just look at Veach's history. It seems like every offseason he targets the teams biggest weakness from the previous year and does whatever it takes, at least tries, and fixes it! Some examples are we need pass rushing so he got Frank Clark. Mahomes got killed in the SB because of shit tackle play...Veach tried for the best LT in the NFL and when they didn't happen he traded for OB jr just to name a few.

Veach isn't scared to try and trade those 1st round picks and will pull the trigger on a big move if the value works.

So with WR by far being our biggest weakness of 2023 I can see Veach going after Jefferson.

I also think the $12M that can be saved by releasing MVS should be talked about more.

For 2024 the average cost per team on the WR group is about $30M. With cutting MVS we now have a bunce of $1-$2M guys on the roster. Our #1 Rice is only hitting the books for $1.4M. So that $30-$35M cost for a new Jefferson contract with the $12M saved by releasing MVS really isn't THAT huge of an impact overall. Of course the extra $15M that was added above the estimated new salary cap helps even more. $15M+$12M(MVS)=$27M almost pays for Jefferson haha.

Again I think I'd rather see Veach go the sign Mike Evans route and pair him with Rice for the next 2-3 years until Rice needs a new contract.

Resign at least 1 of Jones or Sneed while tag/trade the other unless Veach can resign both.

Then take multiple picks and trade up for a tackle or Bowers if he drops a little, have seen some mocks that have Bowers drop out of the top 10.

Regardless I think we all should be ready for anything with Veach this offseason. EVERYONE wants a threepeat and Veach could do some crazy things to make our chances better.
Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.Balto is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:44 AM   #163
MVP

You guys are blowing smoke out your asses if you think that we don't have the picks to get it done. Would they prefer a higher 1st? You betchya. Did the Dolphins have enough with 1-29 and 2-50 as the highest picks in the Tyreek trade? Yup. I think back-to-back picks at 32 and some change would get er done.

The Vikings pick at #12 this year. If they want to get to #3 for a QB, they can get there easily with our picks in their portfolio.

My only concern in this entire scenario is the impact on our defense but I think the net would be palatable. I'm not overly concerned with losing Sneed, its Jones that is most concerning. I haven't looked much at the numbers but I think there is a scenario where you can absorb Jones and Jefferson.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:48 AM   #164
Hockey Town

If you could tag Sneed and move him to Minnesota in the deal then I'd strongly think about it. Brian Flores does need a really good CB 1 for his scheme...
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:52 AM   #165
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
If you could tag Sneed and move him to Minnesota in the deal then I'd strongly think about it. Brian Flores does need a really good CB 1 for his scheme...
The Vikings don't need Sneed. They need draft assets bc they're trying trade up for a QB.

They apparently tried last year and with Kirk gone it's obvious they want one of the top 4 QB's this year.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.