Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2024, 07:35 AM  
Veteran

Let's talk about the Ravens (2024 Kickoff Edition)

We're past the 53 man cut-down, both our rosters are for the most part set in stone. It's time to talk real football.

Ravens lost a few players on defense this offseason, but acquired Henry. LJ has been talking big about how much weight he's lost this offseason to be faster than ever, I suppose. Don't know much about their draft, but the Ravens traditionally draft well so I'll assume the same this year.

We're likely down Hollywood Brown, but no other major injuries.

What say you, CP?

Last edited by Bl00dyBizkitz; 08-28-2024 at 07:48 AM..
Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.Bl00dyBizkitz threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old Today, 09:30 AM   #151
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I had a dream that Mahomes threw for 8 TD, 3 INT and 577 yards. Worthy had a streaking 81-yard TD where Mahomes threw across his body from opposite field in stride. Seemed so real.
You just know one day Mahomes is gonna at least tie that record of 7 TDs in 1 game.
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:47 AM   #152
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana58 View Post
That stupid penalty cost me a small fortune on my parlay bet.
How so? The Chiefs were underdogs so they covered and obviously won outright. If you did an alternate spread on a parlay, that's a tough bet to win anyway.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 09:53 AM   #153
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Worthy has to make his presence felt in this one, even if it’s just to open up other receivers. Cannot afford to let their defense feel comfortable and play down low all night long like they could afford to do in the AFCCG.

I like our defense but we can’t expect to hold them to 10 again.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:00 AM   #154
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I also just disagree with the idea that this version of Derrick Henry drastically changes the way you defend the Ravens. It does not.

They're still going to be a run-heavy team. They're still going to zone read and use Lamar as a weapon on the back side of it. They're still going to play action off of it and try to hit the TEs.

You defend it all the same way.

Henry is still a good player, but he does not have the same pop/explosion he used to have. I actually don't fear him running wide out of the pistol or shotgun nearly as much as I would a smaller, quicker back who is better at stop-start (IE Keaton Mitchell).

I also don't know if I believe that defense is quite as good. Geno Stone was a nice third safety and takes away some of their flexibility (much more predictable when Hamilton is playing nickel now, as they don't have that proven 3rd safety who can do everything). Patrick Queen wasn't THE guy but is being replaced by an unproven player in Trenton Simpson. Clowney was a strong run defender who is gone now, and the starting OLBs are Oweh and Kyle Van Noy.

Throw on top of it a first-time DC who literally has NEVER called a defense in his career, and I just don't see them matching up well with the Chiefs.

I'm excited for it. Think we'll see the common early formula against the Ravens... Chiefs get out to an early two-score lead, stretch it to 3 scores in the second half, and then it ends up looking closer than it was in the final score.
These Raven/Lamar advocates have lost their frikken minds. Lamar is who he is. He's not developing into a better passer. He doesn't have the arm strength to grow. He is who he is. They could beat us. We lost last years game. But, if we lose it will be us underperforming, not Lamar wins it for them.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:33 AM   #155
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Worthy has to make his presence felt in this one, even if it’s just to open up other receivers. Cannot afford to let their defense feel comfortable and play down low all night long like they could afford to do in the AFCCG.

I like our defense but we can’t expect to hold them to 10 again.

It would be different if he had the big arm like Anthony Richardson and just needed to clean up consistency and stuff. But he doesn’t.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:35 AM   #156
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

The analytics show that I will be rooting for the Chiefs in this one.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #157
Andy Reid Supporter

Wiggins—>Worthy
Hamilton—>Kelce
Humphrey—->Rice

This is what I expect the Ravens to do. I expect Andy to attack the hell out of their CB3 and Trent Simpson. I could honestly see Juju or Gray/Wiley get some catches simply due to the match up.

But honestly their pass rush wasn’t elite last yet and it’s worse this year. Could totally see Andy lining up in empty sets in this one due to that factor.

Edited bc PGM can’t understand basic reading comprehension

Last edited by RunKC; Today at 12:02 PM..
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:08 AM   #158
MVP

Lamar postseason TDs 6. Postseason interceptions 6
Derrick Henry postseason passing TDs 1 interceptions 0
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Today, 11:12 AM   #159
Special Teams ACE!!!

Gruden looks like Mark Davis these days

RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:16 AM   #160
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Gruden looks like Mark Davis these days

Jon Gruden looks like Frank Caliendo impersonating Jon Gruden
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:37 AM   #161
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
How so? The Chiefs were underdogs so they covered and obviously won outright. If you did an alternate spread on a parlay, that's a tough bet to win anyway.
Two of my parlay legs was an any time TD to Rice and that Mahomes would throw 2+ TDs.

I hit every other leg of the parlay.
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Old Today, 11:46 AM   #162
Bolton gonna knock you out

Ravens will throw out everything to get this dub. They had all offseason to stew over us taking their lunch money, and then winning the SB. I wouldn’t put anything past them in this one. Honestly almost bet we see Henry throw a pass into the EZ.

They tried to bully us in the AFCCG, and got punched in the mouth. They will want this badly.
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:52 AM   #163
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Wiggins>Worthy
Hamilton>Kelce
Humphrey>Rice

This is what I expect the Ravens to do. I expect Andy to attack the hell out of their CB3 and Trent Simpson. I could honestly see Juju or Gray/Wiley get some catches simply due to the match up.

But honestly their pass rush wasn’t elite last yet and it’s worse this year. Could totally see Andy lining up in empty sets in this one due to that factor.
The **** kind of shit you smoking? We win all THREE of those match ups one on one. The ****?
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:53 AM   #164
Consuming CP souls

Hamilton > Kelce
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #165
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
The **** kind of shit you smoking? We win all THREE of those match ups one on one. The ****?
I think he just means that’s who they’ll use to cover Kelce, Rice and Worthy. Don’t think he’s meaning it as they’re better than.
CaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutCaptainMorgan is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about