Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-13-2024, 04:50 PM  
MVP

Trevor Lawrence gets paid

5 years 275, 200 guaranteed
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-18-2024, 01:04 PM   #151
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Pretty hard to do when you're paying elite QB money.

I totally understand paying Lawrence, but people pretending that's not going to be a problem for the team barring a HUGE jump are just fooling themselves.
True, but the Chiefs have done it, 49ers did it the first time with Garropolo, Rams did it with Stafford/Goff’s contract, etc.

I don’t think anyone is doing the second part except Jags fans, honestly. I’ve all but written them off with him at QB and this will likely only make them even less of a threat.. I just recognize the reality that no franchise is going to let a 24-year old former #1 overall QB walk in Free Agency.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2024, 01:34 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
True, but the Chiefs have done it, 49ers did it the first time with Garropolo, Rams did it with Stafford/Goff’s contract, etc.

I don’t think anyone is doing the second part except Jags fans, honestly. I’ve all but written them off with him at QB and this will likely only make them even less of a threat.. I just recognize the reality that no franchise is going to let a 24-year old former #1 overall QB walk in Free Agency.
Within reason. The Jets seemingly do it about once every other year.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 01:35 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post

Edit: Realize you mean #1 overall. Would like to see the list for this. Jets seem to not mind doing it with top 3 picks.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:10 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Within reason. The Jets seemingly do it about once every other year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Edit: Realize you mean #1 overall. Would like to see the list for this. Jets seem to not mind doing it with top 3 picks.
For sure. Always within reason.

I can see why they’re sticking with Trevor. His first year was rough, as you’d expect, but 2022 he looked really good and 2023 was a year marred by injury.

Personally, I probably would have just picked up the 5th year option, as they did, and let him prove it then, but if they feel confident that he’ll take leaps in progression then it’s smart to get out ahead of it with some leverage years left on his rookie deal.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-18-2024, 02:47 PM   #155
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Can't imagine just how much MIA is going to overpay Tua now. Going to make Trevor's contract look pretty reasonable.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 10:55 AM   #156
Andy Reid Supporter

Once again people look at the total number and forget that the structure is what matters. This is a steal even for Lawrence

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 11:32 AM   #157
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Once again people look at the total number and forget that the structure is what matters. This is a steal even for Lawrence

So it's a 275 contract with a 200 mil guaranteed deal. So you have a 100 mil cap hit at the end if you run it all five years? Or you expect to renegotiate/extend? Which I can't imagine wouldn't also see him ask for a raise?

But sure, if those are the numbers and the salary cap goes up, maybe they didn't do too bad.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-21-2024, 12:38 PM   #158

Quote:

Another one of those fluff deals. It’ll be interesting to see the dead cap hits by year.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:08 PM   #159
Supporter

200 guaranteed in the only number that matters.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:29 PM   #160
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
200 guaranteed in the only number that matters.

I was thinking that. Which means we're really talking about 5 years at around $40 million/yr, no? That's a lot closer to his actual value, imo.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:33 PM   #161
Consuming CP souls

Quote:

Just stop
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-21-2024, 01:55 PM   #162
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
I was thinking that. Which means we're really talking about 5 years at around $40 million/yr, no? That's a lot closer to his actual value, imo.
Realistically, I agree. I think the Jags are looking at it as a 4 year 200 deal.

That’s where they can cut bait and not completely destroy the team for years.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2024, 02:12 PM   #163
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Realistically, I agree. I think the Jags are looking at it as a 4 year 200 deal.

That’s where they can cut bait and not completely destroy the team for years.

Yah, basically the same type of deal that Geno and Baker got. Kind of an extended 'prove it' kind of deal.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:15 PM   #164
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Yah, basically the same type of deal that Geno and Baker got. Kind of an extended 'prove it' kind of deal.
Every time I try to compare a contract the Giants enter my mind and just blow everything to shit.

They really screwed up to the point of crippling their franchise for years. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Old 06-21-2024, 03:19 PM   #165
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Every time I try to compare a contract the Giants enter my mind and just blow everything to shit.

They really screwed up to the point of crippling their franchise for years. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Not just NYG either. They basically screwed up the QB market going forward. Because NY paid Danny that incredibly stupid contract, it forced other teams to pay nearly equally as bad contracts to the likes to Goff, hurts, Kyler, Cousins, etc. None of those guys are worth anything close to their contracts, but here we are.