Woodyard 6 5.26%
Smokehouse 5 4.39%
My Mom's house 5 4.39%
Gaz's house 3 2.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2023, 11:03 AM  
The Lurkiest

KC Bbq Tour

It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-12-2023, 02:38 PM   #151
Starter

Finished up the tour with Q39. All the meat was good. Burnt ends were a little spongy, but super tasty. I liked the zesty sauce the best.

In summation….

Best Wings and Ribs…. Jack Stack
Best Brisket and Burt ends Chilli… SLAP’s
Best Sandwich Z-man on toast
Best Sauce Night of the Living Sauce. (Joes)
Best fries Joes

Honestly I didn’t have a bad meal the whole trip. Smokehouse probably was the worst if you made me choose and that’s mostly because they covered everything in their original sauce that I didn’t care for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1490.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	126858   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1488.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	126859   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1487.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	126860  
Idaho_Chief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Idaho_Chief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Idaho_Chief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Idaho_Chief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Idaho_Chief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Idaho_Chief is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 12-12-2023, 03:00 PM   #152
The Lurkiest

I pretty much agree. The big stand out was the wings from Jack Stack. They were picked up and we didn't try them for most of an hour from when they were served. AND still the best smoked wing I have had. I fully expected not to like Jack Stack as I figured them to be too big and corporate. Pleasant surprise that they were good. Definitely not the best sauce but solid and good.

Q39 was my surprise as I wasn't blown away. The first superbowl I ordered in a dozen sauces and various rubs and q39 zesty was my favorite. Q39 is good but I was hoping for more.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-12-2023, 03:04 PM   #153
The Lurkiest

Slaps and Joe's were my favorites. Both had a good spicy sauce. Idaho and I split a rocket pig and a zman. Fries at Joe's were good. I'll probably order some fry spice in.

Over all I'm going slaps. Good sides great meats beer in the line didn't love waiting to get in but it was worth it.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:36 AM   #154
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

I'll be in Kansas City 4 days for Christmas and Raiders game. I'll partake in some BBq but what I really want is a nice big juicy steak. Where is a really good steak house?
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2023, 12:49 AM   #155
In my youth i pray to keep

Joe's does have excellent fries as well. I feel like they never get mentioned and i always forget how good they are until i order them.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 12:50 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho_Chief View Post
Brought Jack Stack for tailgating. Ribs and wings were both exceptional!! Wings stood out for me because I don’t like wings in the first place.

Went to Joes for lunch today. I had the Z-Man on toast(recommendation from my cousin) and fries. Boise_Chief had the Rocket Pig and beans. TecCrash had the brisket. The Z-Man was OUTSTANDING!! The fries were very good as well. I liked both sauces, but I’m partial to the spicy
There used to be a jack stack concession stand in Arrowhead i believe but i don't know if it is still there.
George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.George Liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2023, 07:56 AM   #157
The Lurkiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
I'll be in Kansas City 4 days for Christmas and Raiders game. I'll partake in some BBq but what I really want is a nice big juicy steak. Where is a really good steak house?

Let us know what you find. I don't eat at steakhouses often (because Teccrash makes a better steak than most restaurants) but want to try a good example of a Kansas city strip.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:13 AM   #158
MVP

It's too bad, because once upon a time, the old warhorses Bryant's and Gates were yin and yang, and I would take out of towners to one or the other, and they would be amazed.

But both have fallen far, far off. I wouldn't take anyone to either as an example. They're down to what, grandchildren running the businesses or something? And the quality is just wildly inconsistent. I occasionally grab Gates because there's one near my house, but it's convenience only.

Joe's is always consistent, always top notch. Sides are good in general, but I'm pretty sure they sprinkle crack cocaine on the fries. Great sauce, too.

Jack Stack is okay. It ain't Joe's, but it's real solid.

Recently got into Slaps. The regular sauce is kind of weird, but if you go with the hot sauce it's good. Meat's tender, good stuff. Not quite Joe's.

Q39 is good enough, but I'm kind of weirded out by the 'elevated' concept. It's BBQ. It's not supposed to be white table cloth food. You're supposed to slip a little on the greasy tile when you walk in the door.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2023, 08:15 AM   #159
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Golden Ox is my go-to. Some of that is nostalgia, but it's real solid and a lot of history there.

Pierponts is also a 'can't go wrong'.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2023, 08:17 AM   #160
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boise_Chief View Post
Let us know what you find. I don't eat at steakhouses often (because Teccrash makes a better steak than most restaurants) but want to try a good example of a Kansas city strip.
Golden Ox or Pierponts are top notch. Can't go wrong either way.

although I'm a Rib-Eye man.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:11 AM   #161
I love your mom

Man everything sounds good lol but I’m going to need a salad at some point lol
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:27 AM   #162
Resident Glue Sniffer

Gates hasn’t even been on my list for probably 20 years. About a decade ago, after not visiting for probably a decade , we randomly decided to stop off for Gates after a royals game.

it was up there with some of the worst bbq ive ever experienced opinion. . Sauce I like. But the bbq itself…..eeeesh.

When friends come in from out of town, I don’t even recommend a visit to Gates. Can’t go wrong with virtually all the other bbq joints around the area though .
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:29 AM   #163

Quote:
Jack Stack is okay. It ain't Joe's, but it's real solid.
My main problem with Jack Stack is they serve their sauce in a tiny little bowl. Just give me a bottle and leave me alone. I hate having to flag down a waiter to get more bbq sauce.
Old 12-17-2023, 10:36 AM   #164
Veteran

I think I might be in the minority in that I don’t really care much for how good of a bbq sauce these places have. I do like trying them out and will occasionally use them sparingly, I much prefer to just eat the meat without any sauce at all.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-17-2023, 10:39 AM   #165
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Golden Ox or Pierponts are top notch. Can't go wrong either way.

although I'm a Rib-Eye man.
Went to Pierponts last night and had the Ribeye with the coffee and ancho chili rub. Good lord it was delicious!
MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.MVChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.