Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2023, 08:47 AM   #2
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Kansas city has better options than Topeka. We don't have early morning matinees and we only have two theaters. One sucks. The other has inflated prices.

Our matinee prices are almost $14. I can own the movie for a few dollars more and watch it as much as I want.
this is indeed a game changer
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-02-2023, 06:35 PM   #3
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
this is indeed a game changer

And we just found out today that the older theater of the two is closing permanently on Friday. Can't wait to see the price hike on the lone survivor now. This town sucks.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:33 PM   #4
El Gato Gordo Loco

I paid $19. Its a 3 hr movie. Thats cheap entertainment. In fact, thats the cheapest possible entertainment option for a weekend night possible. What else can you do for less than $20?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-31-2022, 06:54 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I paid $19. Its a 3 hr movie. Thats cheap entertainment. In fact, thats the cheapest possible entertainment option for a weekend night possible. What else can you do for less than $20?
Hell that might not even get you 2 decent beers at a restaurant these days. The quality of some of these more modern theaters like AMC Prime or a real IMAX are also a big difference from back in the day when tickets were under $10.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-31-2022, 07:58 PM   #6
Veteran

I will side a bit with 007. In my small town they just upgraded the 1950's seats with 1990's seats. We now have cup holders on both arms! And nicely padded seats!

Movie going is situationally dependent based upon population density and logistics.

I went to a theatre in a large city and it was outstanding. I could even order some food and an adult beverage. I could definitely understand movie viewing under those circumstances.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 08:15 PM   #7
El Gato Gordo Loco

So they are really making 5 of these things? I knew they were making 3, but someone told me 5.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:00 PM   #8
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
So they are really making 5 of these things? I knew they were making 3, but someone told me 5.
I think a big part of the success of the first one was the experience. No one had seen a 3-D movie of that high a quality before. It wasn't the offset image thing or the stupid colored glasses thing. And it was a perfect amusement park ride experience with a few helpful chemicals of your choice. The color palate and the bizarre world itself.

Is this movie going to be "an experience" like the first?
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-31-2022, 11:58 PM   #9
Perpetual Mediocrity

Quote:
If they keep making $2B+ each time, I don't see why they would ever stop making them.
KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.KC_Connection 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-01-2023, 12:03 AM   #10
Veteran

Quote:
I knew they were making 3, but someone told me 5
I saw something like that. Money grab.

You can't bank on "cool" graphics anymore. There needs to meat in the story.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 12:29 AM   #11
Veteran

I guess they are going to try and do a Star Wars gimmick.

PT Barnum "There is a sucker born every minute".
Old 01-01-2023, 01:54 AM   #12
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
I guess they are going to try and do a Star Wars gimmick.

PT Barnum "There is a sucker born every minute".
Well, it could be worse. Like Marvel shit.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:00 AM   #13
Veteran

Agreed 100%.

I guess if I could I would as well See PT Barnum above.
Old 01-01-2023, 02:01 AM   #14
Veteran

As to cinematography as the byline to watching a movie, Peter Jackson knocks it out of the park without rainbow colors.
Old 01-01-2023, 10:02 AM   #15
You gotta kill a few people

I enjoyed the movie.

Spoiler!
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.