Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-08-2007, 11:59 AM  
v^V^v^V^v^V^

All-Pro Football 2k8 site updated with screens; videos coming soon

http://2ksports.com/games/football2k8/

The first video will premiere on SpikeTV tonight/tomorrow at Midnight CDT, and be available on Gametrailers.com thirty minutes later. The trailer will arrive on Monday.

Feature list, courtesy 2K Sports
  • LEGENDS - Over 240 NFL legends make their return to the gridiron, including Hall of Famers such as Johnny Unitas, Dick Butkus, Joe Montana, Mike Singletary, Reggie White and Walter Payton.
  • SIGNATURE STYLE - Legends have their own signature moves in the game - Barry's spin, Walter's scissors kick, Jerry's one-handed grabŃthey're all there.
  • 2K SPORTS LEGACY - For the first time ever 2K Sports, the developers of top selling football games, will bring their critically acclaimed gameplay & graphics to the next generation platforms.
  • ALL-NEW PLAYER ATTRIBUTE SYSTEM - Gone are the 0-100 ratings so common for players in a simulation game. In APF the players have unique attributes that give them specialized skills. There are over a hundred distinct attributes available.
  • REACH TACKLE SYSTEM - Revolutionary new tackling scheme utilizes the right analog stick to allow you to make those last grasp tackles and stop a runner in his tracks.
  • INCREDIBLE CUSTOMIZATION - Create-a-player, build your roster, edit your team logo, colorize of every aspect of your team uniforms, customize your playbook, and choose your own celebrations after touchdowns, sacks and big plays.
  • ADVANCED PLAY CALLING - Modify your playbook and set your coach tendencies so you can play football the way you want to.
  • 2K SPORTS ONLINE - Full league and tournament support, league and schedule customization options.
  • 2K SPORTS FIELD PASS - New presentation style will combine TV broadcast with on field commentary bringing you closer to the action.
  • 2K BEATS – The All-Pro Football Soundtrack features originals, remixes and mashups produced by Z-Trip and featuring: Rakim, Dead Prez, Charli 2na, Slug, Aceyalone, Casual, Pep Love, Lateef, Gift of Gab, Keno 1, DJ Faust, Chevelle, Clutch, Dub Trio, Natural Self, Backyard Bangers, Deftones and Rush.

And the screens, well... they're verrrry interesting.
Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #151
v^V^v^V^v^V^

NCAA 08
46 of 39,380
Rank on Xbox 360:
10 of 520

Also:

Grand Theft Auto IV
154 of 39,380
Rank on Xbox 360:
37 of 520

Halo 3
14 of 39,380
Rank on Xbox 360:
2 of 520

Medal of Honor: Airborne
236 of 39,380
Rank on Xbox 360:
53 of 520

Let's not get crazy, okay? I think there's a good chance APF survives as a product, but it's not ever going to be mega-popular. And that's fine, as long as it's successful enough to keep being made and improved upon.
Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Ultra Peanut is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #152
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcxiv
I agree, it is a pipe dream unless the NFL doesnt want to give the exclusive.

I think this game is going to do alot better then people think. Call your local gamestop and ask if there has been interest in the game. I called yesterday and they told me this game is getting pretty popular and i was like the 10th call for the game. I think this game is giong to appeal more to the older gamer 25 plus.
There's alot of buzz. People are starved for an alternative to Madden. Hype doesn't always translate into sales.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #153
AIC

I would buy this game if that had a franchise, the online part could be fun. I don't know how good their online league are because those would be fun, I've played in online leagues before and people join them but only 1 or 2 people actually play in them..at least from my experience. How do you think that the replay value will be with no franchise mode? Playing one season and than starting over a new one, I'd like to get this game but I'm worried about those factors. Madden sucked so much a$$ I'd totally switch, but I don't know if this game will be worth it because I'm not sure how the replay value will be
KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #154
v^V^v^V^v^V^

Actually, I'm still looking forward to season mode, if only to try out different teams and combinations. I haven't gotten much out of Madden's franchise mode (or Madden) in years, though, so maybe it's just not as essential to me in a pro football game as it used to be.

From what I've heard, 2k's online leagues are great, and I love the sound of this one.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #155
AIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut
Actually, I'm still looking forward to season mode, if only to try out different teams and combinations. I haven't gotten much out of Madden's franchise mode (or Madden) in years, though, so maybe it's just not as essential to me in a pro football game as it used to be.

From what I've heard, 2k's online leagues are great, and I love the sound of this one.

I'm probably going to take a chance and get this, because EA has pissed me off the past few years. And I guess if I don't like it, I'll have a good month or so to figure that out and sell it on ebay or trade it in for Madden. I like online leagues if they are active and that good prove valuable for me. I'm probably gonna say screw EA and get this on Monday, look me up on XBOX live my gamer tag is KCChiefsMan
KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.KCChiefsMan is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #156
AIC

so do you think that ppl will take Steve Young or Randall Cunningham and exploit the Michael Vick type play, or is it more realistic to defend that in this game? I've never really played much of the 2K series so I don't know for sure
Old 07-14-2007, 07:31 PM   #157
Media Center Guy

In 2k5, Vick could run, but not run all over you like he can in Madden. 2K5's had a good fatigue system. I'd imagine this game will be the same.

Just have a gold player on your D play QB spy.
Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.Kraus would the whole thing.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:14 PM   #158
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsMan
I would buy this game if that had a franchise, the online part could be fun. I don't know how good their online league are because those would be fun, I've played in online leagues before and people join them but only 1 or 2 people actually play in them..at least from my experience. How do you think that the replay value will be with no franchise mode? Playing one season and than starting over a new one, I'd like to get this game but I'm worried about those factors. Madden sucked so much a$$ I'd totally switch, but I don't know if this game will be worth it because I'm not sure how the replay value will be
Online leagues are great, it keeps every single stat. YOu can even go to the 2k online leagues website from your computer and view your leagues stats. Get into some good leagues with people that play, and its a hell of a time.

I been playing 2k football games since the dreamcast days when driccas was around. So, i pretty much know all the top dog football gamers. We have all been waiting for this for a long long time. Online play owns any other kind of play. I have a few tournaments lined up as well for when the game drops. I may not be the best online gamer, but i can hang with them.

If you give the game a chance and learn to play it, i almost gaurantee that you will tell yourself why the hell have i been playing EA football games for all these years.
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:55 PM   #159
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
If you give the game a chance and learn to play it, i almost gaurantee that you will tell yourself why the hell have i been playing EA football games for all these years.
Depends on whether or not the cheesers show up, like they did with previous incarnations of 2K. There's only so much "l33t h@x0r" shit I can put up with.

Furthermore, you talk about EA football games with a broad brush, when you've clearly demonstrated that you've never given NCAA more than a cursory glance.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #160
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe
Depends on whether or not the cheesers show up, like they did with previous incarnations of 2K. There's only so much "l33t h@x0r" shit I can put up with.

Furthermore, you talk about EA football games with a broad brush, when you've clearly demonstrated that you've never given NCAA more than a cursory glance.
I just dont like the EA football games, i gave the demo a few runs. There was nothing there that stood out to me and made me want to continue to play it. I played about 4-5 games of the demo. They did have a few cool tackling animations though. I gave it a honest go. what i am looking forward to that is EA, FN3, Nascar 08 and Fifa soccer. So i am not a total EA hater as your trying to point me out to be. hehe
kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.kcxiv is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:00 AM   #161
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I just dont like the EA football games, i gave the demo a few runs. There was nothing there that stood out to me and made me want to continue to play it. I played about 4-5 games of the demo. They did have a few cool tackling animations though. I gave it a honest go. what i am looking forward to that is EA, FN3, Nascar 08 and Fifa soccer. So i am not a total EA hater as your trying to point me out to be. hehe
You gave the demo a few runs.

And the demo does a great job of demonstrating what is the best dynasty mode in any sports game period, right?

This is precisely what I mean.

You come off like a self-righteous fanboy.

"Just give it a try, you'll love it. Buy this game, you'll love it. I haven't bought any EA games, but I've tried the demos and they suck."
Old 07-15-2007, 10:36 AM   #162
Woman should only make babies

i am loving the okoye marcus allen 1 two punch
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:37 AM   #163
In Search of a Life

Quote:
You gave the demo a few runs.

And the demo does a great job of demonstrating what is the best dynasty mode in any sports game period, right?

This is precisely what I mean.

You come off like a self-righteous fanboy.

"Just give it a try, you'll love it. Buy this game, you'll love it. I haven't bought any EA games, but I've tried the demos and they suck."
I dont play dynasty modes. So that does NOT concern me. I would play 1 season for achievements and i am done.

I am a fan of the 2k football series. do you wanna know why? becuase 2k sports has not let me down. Ever 2k sports game i have played i really enjoyed. Thats how i became a fan of the company. The day they let me down is the day i take a step back and start doing what i do with EA football games. rent first.

So again, why wouldnt i be a fa of a company that continues to put out great products?

I just seen the light on a company that tries to put out a much better product year in and year out. I will be a fan of any company that actually wants to improve the product not F over their fans with roster updates.

Last edited by kcxiv; 07-15-2007 at 11:44 AM..
Old 07-15-2007, 07:47 PM   #164
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I dont play dynasty modes. So that does NOT concern me. I would play 1 season for achievements and i am done.
So that means that you've denied yourself that aspect of the game. That consitutes your own choice. That does NOT mean that NCAA sucks, because you wouldn't have any idea - you've never played it.

Quote:
I am a fan of the 2k football series. do you wanna know why? becuase 2k sports has not let me down. Ever 2k sports game i have played i really enjoyed. Thats how i became a fan of the company. The day they let me down is the day i take a step back and start doing what i do with EA football games. rent first.

So again, why wouldnt i be a fa of a company that continues to put out great products?

I just seen the light on a company that tries to put out a much better product year in and year out. I will be a fan of any company that actually wants to improve the product not F over their fans with roster updates.
You come off as much more than just the average "fan". If didn't know better, I'd think you were a 2K employee or something.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:56 PM   #165
AIC

Quote:
So that means that you've denied yourself that aspect of the game. That consitutes your own choice. That does NOT mean that NCAA sucks, because you wouldn't have any idea - you've never played it.

You come off as much more than just the average "fan". If didn't know better, I'd think you were a 2K employee or something.

if you think that's bad, check out a gamer message forum for the 2 games. Just a bunch of morons fighting till the death of which game is better