Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:14 PM   #15811
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
That's a different scenario, though. If she weren't wearing gloves and a mask, and had done the same things you described (sans removing the gloves and mask), I don't see why her risk of infection would go up or down. It would be the same.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, mind you.
I think you just answered your question. Wearing the gloves gave her a false sense of security so her caution went out the window and she made mistakes. She also doesnt realize she is contaminating her hands using an improper method of glove removal. These things will then increase her risk of infection rather than not wearing gloves at all.
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:15 PM   #15812
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
Seriously though, this is the sort of thing that keeps us from a complete lockdown. Peeps here want to be outside. Our days inside are coming with summer. This is the part of the year people move here for. This is the time of year we have backyard parties, etc.

Gov. knows this and is taking a very measured approach. I know Lewdog doesn't like this and I won't bemoan that at all. But I like what I am seeing here.

Found meat finally too. Still no TP or tissue.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:19 PM   #15813
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Great, Miami-Dade County now requiring grocery stores to limit customers in their stores to 50% of their normal capacity.

Unintended consequences... people will now wait in long lines outside (probably not standing six feet apart) and in the heat and other weather conditions for potentially prolonged periods of time.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #15814
Inmem 2.0

Kamal Ahmed

@bbckamal
Health secretary @MattHancock says govt is looking at issuing certificates or wrist bands to those who have had Covid-19 and could have a degree of immunity #bbcqt Says can’t happen now, but could be for the future
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:20 PM   #15815
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

(Sigh.) In a non-Covid world I would be checking into my hotel in Queens right now, getting ready to take the ferry to New Jersey to run the Asbury Park half-marathon this weekend. The reminders are popping up on my calendar now.

(Sigh.)
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:22 PM   #15816
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Kamal Ahmed

@bbckamal
Health secretary @MattHancock says govt is looking at issuing certificates or wrist bands to those who have had Covid-19 and could have a degree of immunity #bbcqt Says can’t happen now, but could be for the future
Sounds like I better start producing fakes on the black market for an infinite amount of money.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:23 PM   #15817
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Seriously though, this is the sort of thing that keeps us from a complete lockdown. Peeps here want to be outside. Our days inside are coming with summer. This is the part of the year people move here for. This is the time of year we have backyard parties, etc.

Gov. knows this and is taking a very measured approach. I know Lewdog doesn't like this and I won't bemoan that at all. But I like what I am seeing here.

Found meat finally too. Still no TP or tissue.
yeah same here. In about 2-3 weeks it’s going to feel like 105 degrees outside for 4-5 months. Getting people out of the parks is turning out to be an issue.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #15818
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubya View Post
I think you just answered your question. Wearing the gloves gave her a false sense of security so her caution went out the window and she made mistakes. She also doesnt realize she is contaminating her hands using an improper method of glove removal. These things will then increase her risk of infection rather than not wearing gloves at all.
No, I didn't. You don't know that she would have done anything differently or had more caution if she weren't wearing gloves or a mask.

She would have touched her keys. Same result.

She would have touched her car doors. Same result.

And so on. I get that if she had followed proper procedure, she could have decreased her likelihood of infection, but sorry, I don't see the increase.

Please understand. I'm not trying to be difficult. Heck, I posted the precautions I take (and have) in this very thread.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #15819
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Kamal Ahmed

@bbckamal
This is the dumbest idea ever.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #15820
Supporter

NYC in and we are still under 1k new deaths.....progress
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:26 PM   #15821
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
(Sigh.) In a non-Covid world I would be checking into my hotel in Queens right now, getting ready to take the ferry to New Jersey to run the Asbury Park half-marathon this weekend. The reminders are popping up on my calendar now.

(Sigh.)
My wife would be flying to NO Saturday for a conference.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:27 PM   #15822
Prestige Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
NYC in and we are still under 1k new deaths.....progress

What?
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:28 PM   #15823
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
yeah same here. In about 2-3 weeks it’s going to feel like 105 degrees outside for 4-5 months. Getting people out of the parks is turning out to be an issue.
Think about how many homes are going to be running the AC during peak daytime hours when people were typically at work.

Or how many homes don't even have great AC to begin with.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:29 PM   #15824
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
My wife would be flying to NO Saturday for a conference.
WTF are they having a conference for?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-02-2020, 06:30 PM   #15825
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk View Post
What?
NYC has had a tendency to knock the number of new deaths up significantly in the evenings. Yesterday we were over 1k new deaths. Today it appears we will be under that
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.